• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
For Canadians, MusicCityCanada has 15% off on all regular price items by using coupon code BLACKFRIDAY at check out. I was able to apply it on a pair of Genelec 8030Cs and they only charge 5% tax with free shipping for people who live outside of Ontario. I paid a total of $557CAD before taxes per speaker which is equivalent to $429USD ($700USD MSRP).

Damnit, I didn't need these at all. Not even sure when I'll get them, since they were no longer in stock. But, I am excited! Thanks for the heads up!

Sombreuil

The problem is that I don't really have a USB port left and I'm not using a laptop, so I need something that would be close to the amp. The DAC-X6
has an optical output that would solve that problem. Or am I missing something?

manoy385

Damnit, I didn't need these at all. Not even sure when I'll get them, since they were no longer in stock. But, I am excited! Thanks for the heads up!

AVShop.ca has it in stock at the same price but only has 10% off applied automatically at check out in case MusicCity can't fulfill your order.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
HiFiMan HE-560 V4 are $300 at Adorama. This new version has Deva style cups and headband. I wonder if they measure slightly different?
https://www.adorama.com/hmhe560v4.html?emailprice=t

hmhe560v4_1.jpg
Now US$270 on adorama.com

Last edited:

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Active Bookshelf (for Canadian buyers):
Edifier R1280T
Was CDN$130, now on sale for CDN$103 (20% drop) on amazon.ca (decent deal...was CDN$87 a couple of times last Christmas).

Amir's Review.

EDIT:
Bluetooth version of this speaker, Edifier R1280DB is on sale as well.
Amaozn.ca is showing CDN$180, but it's CDN$140 at checkout (with coupon auto-applied).

Last edited:

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Does anyone know if these are any way similar to the V1 560's with the "wood" cups and questionable quality headband from Adorama a few years ago?
Three different headbands and three different cup colors in a few years. Any changes to drivers, too?
HiFiMan changes up their headphones so much it makes you wonder what the heck in terms of quality items they are putting out to need all of these constant changes.

Blake Klondike

Forum Donor
Audeze iSINE 10, B stock from Adorama for $119.00 here .

Does anyone have experience with these earbuds? Looking for something for use with iPad. Does the semi-open/planar design make a difference when it comes to sound? And what about the lightning cable DAC/AMP? For same dough, I could get a pair of Emyotics. Thanks!

hmscott

The Apple deals don’t apply to the M1 products I don’t think.
Found these from a newsletter (Fujirumors):
Maybe the Macbook Air deals will return over the next day? I haven't followed up on any of the other listed sales, here's the link:
Black Friday Starts Now: Savings on New Apple M1 MacBooks in USA, eBay EU Deals and Much More - Fuji Rumors

Last edited:

frogmeat69

Forum Donor
Does anyone have experience with these earbuds? Looking for something for use with iPad. Does the semi-open/planar design make a difference when it comes to sound? And what about the lightning cable DAC/AMP? For same dough, I could get a pair of Emyotics. Thanks!
Being open, they don't have that in your head sound like typical in ears, but you're gonna have to experiment with the different tips that come with it, and some people like them kinda inserted in to make a seal, and others like them a little loose.
If you have the Cipher cable, you can download the Audeze HQ app on your iPad and use the EQ, they seem to sound best with it.
If you can get them set up right, they sound more like full size headphones than earphones/iems, with that planar type bass.

Lattiboy

It is a really interesting and distinct sound. It combines the “everywhere” sound of speakers with the detail of buds. I walk the dog with them so I can hear cars and whatnot. I love them and can’t imagine using other earbuds. I’ve owned some decent IEMs before and these (to my ears) destroy them all for listening experience.

The sound doesn’t leak terribly unless you’re in a silent room with somebody or listening way too loud.

Lattiboy

And I have the Cipher cable V2. Apparently it’s much better than V1 and the dsp via the app really helps with the bass.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does anyone know if these are any way similar to the V1 560's with the "wood" cups and questionable quality headband from Adorama a few years ago?
Three different headbands and three different cup colors in a few years. Any changes to drivers, too?
HiFiMan changes up their headphones so much it makes you wonder what the heck in terms of quality items they are putting out to need all of these constant changes.

Well, definitely looks like these are an update to use the Deva style cups and headband, which ought to be an improvement.

I'm also curious about if the sound has changed. Can't find anyone who has heard them yet.

Biblob

For Canadians, MusicCityCanada has 15% off on all regular price items by using coupon code BLACKFRIDAY at check out. I was able to apply it on a pair of Genelec 8030Cs and they only charge 5% tax with free shipping for people who live outside of Ontario. I paid a total of $557CAD before taxes per speaker which is equivalent to $429USD ($700USD MSRP).
This price is insane. It's so much cheaper than in Europe!

frogmeat69

Forum Donor
Well, definitely looks like these are an update to use the Deva style cups and headband, which ought to be an improvement.

I'm also curious about if the sound has changed. Can't find anyone who has heard them yet.
To me it looks like the cups are of the old HE400i variety with that purple sheen. The Deva has that weird protrusion on the bottom of the cups.
Gonna start calling the founder Dr. Fangenstein, making his monsters out of spare parts.

Top Bottom