• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 284 58.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 176 36.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

holdingpants01

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It seems like the professional move on Erin's part, once he found out the speakers weren't setup properly, would be to remove the test results and start again.
Yet he still has some kind of legal problems, this guy is unhinged

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In the Bose lawsuit, linked in another post, they claimed that consumer reports "had published the false statement with knowledge that it was false or with reckless disregard of its truth or falsity" because the reviewers initial notes said the sound seemed to move around the wall and they changed it to the sound moved around the room.

This whole Bose lawsuit keep coming up, so I did a simple Google search on it.

"Bose Corp. v. Consumers Union of United States, Inc., 466 U.S. 485 (1984), was a product disparagement case ultimately decided by the Supreme Court of the United States. The Court held, on a 6–3 vote, in favor of Consumers Union, the publisher of Consumer Reports magazine, ruling that proof of "actual malice" was necessary in product disparagement cases raising First Amendment issues, as set out by the case of New York Times Co. v. Sullivan (1964). The Court ruled that the First Circuit Court of Appeals had correctly concluded that Bose had not presented proof of actual malice.

The magazine Consumer Reports had published in 1970 a review of an unusual[clarification needed] loudspeaker system manufactured by Bose Corporation, called the Bose 901. The review expressed skepticism of the system's quality and recommended that consumers delay purchase until they had investigated for themselves whether the loudspeaker system's unusual attributes would suit them. Bose objected to numerous statements in the article, including the sentences, "Worse, individual instruments heard through the Bose system seemed to grow to gigantic proportions and tended to wander about the room. For instance, a violin appeared to be 10 feet (3.0 m) wide and a piano stretched from wall to wall." Bose demanded a retraction when they learned that Consumer Reports changed what the original reviewer wrote about the speakers in his pre-publication draft, which the magazine refused to do."

@Eric Alexander - Good luck :). You're all bark, no bite. Bow wow wow, woof woof woof.

brydon10

If we continue on the same path, two-way speakers with 8 inch bass and one inch dome tweeter. If the Tekton M-Lore is seen in relation to, for example
Audio Note AN-E Lexus Signature, then Tekton M-Lore is not too bad. Audio Note AN-E Lexus measures like junk and costs ten times more (or even more).Better finish but that's about it.

I should add, with that being said that does not justify Eric Alexander's behavior in this thread.

View attachment 361503View attachment 361504

I would definitely take my mini lores of those Audio Notes any day too.

Eric said in the new interview with stereophile (Stereophile - Eric Alexander interview) that "A majority of the work is completed through computer simulation; then we do a final voicing through careful listening."

thegeton

Forum Donor
I just thought of it, you should send it to @amirm so he can measure it at the woofer as Eric Alexander claimed is how it should be measured.

It is a pity I can't do that; I no longer own them.

As a side note, I traded them to a guy for some vintage Naim gear, and he in turn sold them after 2 months of ownership. Make of that what you will.

thegeton

Forum Donor
'... computer simulation ...'

Does anyone know what speaker simulation software packages are available? I'm sure they exist, but I am wholly unfamiliar.

DanielT

Major Contributor
I would definitely take my mini lores of those Audio Notes any day too.

Eric said in the new interview with stereophile (Stereophile - Eric Alexander interview) that "A majority of the work is completed through computer simulation; then we do a final voicing through careful listening."
Tekton M-Lore are not optimal speakers but for $US 750 and the way they measure compared to the fact that there are much more expensive speakers that can measure/sound worse, then not super bad.

Tekton M-Lore are mediocre, or Not terrible speakers (as 55.6% voted):
Screenshot_2024-04-05_172148.jpg

We can probably all guess how the manufacturer's own behavior and comments in this thread would end up on that rating scale. If a vote on the aforementioned were to take place.

Last edited:

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
What could possibly be the basis for a lawsuit stemming from a negative review of a product?

My background is not in law, but my understanding is (for example) Fisker cannot sue Marques Brownlee (MKBHD) just because he released a bad review for the Fisker Ocean, right? And that review tanked their stock.

What would make this or Erin's review subject to a lawsuit?
As we lawyers like to say, "You can sue a ham sandwich."

Theta

Yes, although these are only the ones that became publicly known, but who knows, Eric might beat them.
Quite a stir on this site over these speakers. I am sure that amir's test was done professionaly and with care as always, however I am afraid that this type of test including Erin's is going to disqualify lots of very good speakers due to their size and conception. Also, science may be an over description of speaker technology, if it is; it's very minor science.

djodars

Quite a stir on this site over these speakers. I am sure that amir's test was done professionaly and with care as always, however I am afraid that this type of test including Erin's is going to disqualify lots of very good speakers due to their size and conception. Also, science may be an over description of speaker technology, if it is; it's very minor science.

That sounds like trolling but in the minor case where you're simply uneducated, I invite you to watch:

Erin's interview with one of the engineers behind the Klippel NFS here:

Amir's video about reading measurements done with this scanner:

And read about the product:

In short, saying there's no science related to speaker technology is just wrong? There's science in literally every single thing around us...

And saying that Klippel's NFS disqualifies some speakers due to their size and conception is also wrong.
The NFS can be adapted to (almost) any size. The maximum height of the device being tested appears to be 5.8 feet and 4.9 feet of diameter for a full cylinder scan.
Obviously being done indoors in a garage there's a certain size and weight limit but as far as I'm aware none of the speakers measured by Amir & Erin could have ever exceeded this.

Last edited:

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Also, science may be an over description of speaker technology, if it is; it's very minor science.
Are you basing this off conspiratorial belief, or have you not encountered any portion of science in your existence?

P.S: One must be skeptical to challenge the lack of evidence or theory, which forms the basis of scientific theory and observation. You seem to want to throw out the whole basic fundamental ground on which it's built.

GabrielPhoto

Wow! You just denigrated several thousands of pages of formal electronics physics study I attended. In the flick of a wrist. :facepalm:
Who needs science when you have vodoo magic and snake oil that is FAR superior. And we humans can be so easily changing in terms of what we "hear" like the same system one day can sound different than the next based on my mood alone. lol

Last edited:

Biagiod

Let's just say it in plain latin

Stultorum mater sempiter gravida

Theta

Wow! You just denigrated several thousands of pages of formal electronics physics study I attended. In the flick of a wrist. :facepalm:
Nothing of the sort, to summerise this preticular discution on electro acoustics, If I was in the market for an amplifier and Amir gave a bad review of the amplifier that was on my list, I would not touch it with a ten foot pole. Speakers are a different animal.

Top Bottom