• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 284 58.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 176 36.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I reckon that for the most part (not always, but for the most part) those people are either the casual Bluetooth speaker people or if they are audiophiles, they haven't heard good sound.

Just my suspicion.
Could perhaps be the way they're introduced and the poor quality of the logic behind much of it. With all the silly crap going on in audio not surprising they don't dive into a lot of it....

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I reckon that for the most part (not always, but for the most part) those people are either the casual Bluetooth speaker people or if they are audiophiles, they haven't heard good sound.

Just my suspicion.
Just being an "audiophile" doesn't mean your tastes align with others otoh. Many care more about the music than the playback system....

OldManMatt

I've never seen anything like this thread. I'm kinda shocked by Tekton management.
The speakers were evaluated under the same testing & guidelines that are the industry standard. As far as the results..it is what it is. Is there some contract that the buyer signs after purchase stating that they can not share their thoughts or data on the speaker?

Where is the manufacturer's data or measurements that contradicts Amir or Erin's findings? Even if Tekton measures their product in a different way or with different equipment it doesn't change the data that the Klippel produced. It is what it is. If the designer doesn't rely on measurements for his final outcome then I really don't understand what he's so upset about.

Maybe he feels it sheds a bad light on their product. But that's not the reviewer or the Klippel machine's fault. It's the results of the design of the speaker. Own it dude.

I'm sure many people love these speakers..but the effort put into hiding any objective data or negative opinions raises some serious red flags. Screaming lawsuit instead of addressing the issue.

To me It's company's like this that make the websites & video channels whom specialize in objective data so very important. We are lucky to have resources like ASR & EAC

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe he dreams of being as important and successful as Bose :facepalm: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bose_Corporation#Legal_actions
I serviced Bose gear in-warranty for years. It was built very well but the speakers where obviously not for my needs. I almost injured my wrist unscrewing the super tight torx screws in a CD player chassis. The chassis fibrous plasticy stuff was so solid and screws so tight that I almost needed my impact driver to get them out. I was impressed with the build of the CD chassis and small shelf audio devices. Bose has for decades through advertising painted a very positive picture of itself and in some ways deserves that but the sub and small cubes really are not that good in my opinion. :D I would purchase a small shelf system/box from Bose if I where in the market and if the price was competitive.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I serviced Bose gear in-warranty for years. It was built very well but the speakers where obviously not for my needs. I almost injured my wrist unscrewing the super tight torx screws in a CD player chassis. The chassis fibrous plasticy stuff was so solid and screws so tight that I almost needed my impact driver to get them out. I was impressed with the build of the CD chassis and small shelf audio devices. Bose has for decades through advertising painted a very positive picture of itself and in some ways deserves that but the sub and small cubes really are not that good in my opinion. :D I would purchase a small shelf system/box from Bose if I where in the market and if the price was competitive.
True, the manufacturing and material quality of their products was often questionable but they were usually clever impressively tuned, according to measurement based portals as Rtings their current soundbars and headphones are well tuned too.

Reactions: MAB

Katzz

Jay and Guttenberg giving reviews of tekton speakers without any data to corroborate their results, only using their ears to describe the sound of the speaker in a very imprecise way or even using words that dont exist: Very good review, keep going with the amazing work guys, I got free time if you guys want a interview

Amirm and Erin using professional equipment, industry standard tests, showing objective data and a personal opinion on how the tekton speaker sound: Absolute disaster of review, those measurements are incorrect because yes, here is the lawsuit guys

Last edited:

holdingpants01

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
If there was any doubt who threatened Erin with legal action, he just removed the written review from the website, but I have it archived so if you want to see it just let me know. I'm rather surprised he didn't sue Amir first, the review here is worse and he seemed more agitated here than in the YT comments, but maybe it's easier to do with products that are patented, or he really had to base it on anything and missing feet in Erins review was just that. Anyway, asshat move and I hope it bites him back in the long run

DanielT

Major Contributor
Ok, it's time for me to come clean. I owned a pair of Tekton Lore Reference speakers for a little over 3 years.

I liked them fine, until I had an opportunity to listen to some other speakers at a nearby Best Buy.

I replaced them with a pair of KEF R3 non-meta. I like them much better. They have better tonality, imaging, and detail. Also, the KEF better integrate with the Sub in that system.

All that said, I find @Eric Alexander 's behavior to be mortifying.

View attachment 361463
If we continue on the same path, two-way speakers with 8 inch bass and one inch dome tweeter. If the Tekton M-Lore is seen in relation to, for example
Audio Note AN-E Lexus Signature, then Tekton M-Lore is not too bad. Audio Note AN-E Lexus measures like junk and costs ten times more (or even more).Better finish but that's about it.

I should add, with that being said that does not justify Eric Alexander's behavior in this thread.

Screenshot_2024-04-05_091743.jpg506ANEfig4 (4).jpg

Last edited:

Ninjastar

What could possibly be the basis for a lawsuit stemming from a negative review of a product?

My background is not in law, but my understanding is (for example) Fisker cannot sue Marques Brownlee (MKBHD) just because he released a bad review for the Fisker Ocean, right? And that review tanked their stock.

What would make this or Erin's review subject to a lawsuit?

Would you like me to serve you up a speaker that would make you drool and slobber? Provide me with ten bullet point attributes of what your perfect speaker must possess and what the cost ($$$) needs to be.
Sir, with all due respect, your speakers are of mediocre quality in the modern market and your conduct is wholly unprofessional (I would even go as far to say it is despicable and disgraceful!).

You are not an artist whose life work has been torn down to shreds, you shouldn't act like one.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The behavior of the designer and his boastful claims and threats are seriously deplorable and shallow. Hope he can learn some PR management if he's going to be engaging with customer feedback in this manner.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ok, it's time for me to come clean. I owned a pair of Tekton Lore Reference speakers for a little over 3 years.

I liked them fine, until I had an opportunity to listen to some other speakers at a nearby Best Buy.

I replaced them with a pair of KEF R3 non-meta. I like them much better. They have better tonality, imaging, and detail. Also, the KEF better integrate with the Sub in that system.

All that said, I find @Eric Alexander 's behavior to be mortifying.

View attachment 361463
I just thought of it, you should send it to @amirm so he can measure it at the woofer as Eric Alexander claimed is how it should be measured.

mlsstl

There is an interesting lesson to be learned here for audio manufacturers. This was an 8 page thread back in October, 2023 that had gone dormant in just a few weeks. This past February, the manufacturer decided to get involved and complain. After legal action was threatened the thread is now 21 pages long with the majority of forum members riled up over his behavior.

Going forward, any prospective buyer interested in Tekton who does a Google search for reviews is going to be lead straight here. Is this the publicity Tekton wanted? (EDIT -- I just did a Google search for "tekton mini lore review", this thread comes up as #1 in the returns. DuckDuckGo has it as #6.)

What's the old saying? "Be careful what you ask for. You may get it."

Last edited:

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There is an interesting lesson to be learned here for audio manufacturers. This was an 8 page thread back in October, 2023 that had gone dormant in just a few weeks. This past February, the manufacturer decided to get involved and complain. After legal action was threatened the thread is now 21 pages long with the majority of forum members riled up over his behavior.

Going forward, any prospective buyer interested in Tekton who does a Google search for reviews is going to be lead straight here. Is this the publicity Tekton wanted?

What's the old like? "Be careful what you ask for. You may get it."
That's because Eric Alexander, from the bottom of his heart thinks he can get this entire thread removed and his arrogance has only been reassured through the negative reviews he was successfully able to remove in the past including this one from Erin.

His arrogance is about to come back and bite him. If he is talking to his lawyer, his lawyer is probably telling him to not proceed with any legal action as it will not mount to anything and he may dig himself a deeper hole.

ta240

Major Contributor
If there was any doubt who threatened Erin with legal action, he just removed the written review from the website, but I have it archived so if you want to see it just let me know. I'm rather surprised he didn't sue Amir first, the review here is worse and he seemed more agitated here than in the YT comments, but maybe it's easier to do with products that are patented, or he really had to base it on anything and missing feet in Erins review was just that. Anyway, asshat move and I hope it bites him back in the long run
It seems like the professional move on Erin's part, once he found out the speakers weren't setup properly, would be to remove the test results and start again.

What could possibly be the basis for a lawsuit stemming from a negative review of a product?

My background is not in law, but my understanding is (for example) Fisker cannot sue Marques Brownlee (MKBHD) just because he released a bad review for the Fisker Ocean, right? And that review tanked their stock.

What would make this or Erin's review subject to a lawsuit?
It would have to be proven that it was malicious. In the Bose lawsuit, linked in another post, they claimed that consumer reports "had published the false statement with knowledge that it was false or with reckless disregard of its truth or falsity" because the reviewers initial notes said the sound seemed to move around the wall and they changed it to the sound moved around the room.

I think the danger here would be if Erin had left the review up after he was informed it was faulty.

As great as it is that amateurs are doing professional style testing of products, there is the danger that they could make an error and have a very detrimental effect on a company. Even tests here on used equipment of unknown condition could end up with incorrect results. Youtube reviews can sell or not sell a large amount of product.
There are clearly companies that are liked and disliked among the measurement faithful as seen often by the comments on here and it could be perceived by the companies and even a jury that the tests and resulting review were slanted by that.

Top Bottom