• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 145 27.8%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 344 66.0%

• Total voters

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Mirror- any news on when the next firmware update will be available
We are integrating some new music streaming services, but I can't talk about it until certification is complete. There will also be some stability improvements and fixes. I believe there will be a new version within a month. Another major change is that We are developing a new digital volume algorithm, so will say goodbye to the 15-step digital volume that many people complain about(for USB or S/PDIF digital output).
An even better news is that we expanded Eversolo R&D team by more than 50% this year. I believe this will lead to more positive results

Last edited:

Nutul

An even better news is that we expanded Eversolo R&D team by more than 50% this year. I believe this will lead to more positive results
So maybe, maybe, there is a chance of getting just one dev taking care of the small tiny requests on the Z6 / Z8 front?
- the new VUs to be stereo, and not mono
- per-input volume level memory
- increase (well, decrease) the minimum volume to -96dB instead of the current minimum of -60bB

Apart from this, all sounds like good news.

Thank you.

Vlalman

Hey guys! Nice to meet you here. I'm totally from another thread. Home cinema, processors, receivers and all the stuff. That is for me. But still very into music. So let me ask an easy question about the device.

Can I take the Eversolo beauty and play Apple Music Dolby Atmos content from it? Via receiver with all amplification included, for sure! If you have any clue on what shall I buy to get Atmos music, then tell please.

yllanos

We are integrating some new music streaming services, but I can't talk about it until certification is complete. There will also be some stability improvements and fixes. I believe there will be a new version within a month. Another major change is that We are developing a new digital volume algorithm, so will say goodbye to the 15-step digital volume that many people complain about(for USB or S/PDIF digital output).
Any chance Eversolo will ever publish API to A6/A8 devices?

Hey guys! Nice to meet you here. I'm totally from another thread. Home cinema, processors, receivers and all the stuff. That is for me. But still very into music. So let me ask an easy question about the device.

Can I take the Eversolo beauty and play Apple Music Dolby Atmos content from it? Via receiver with all amplification included, for sure! If you have any clue on what shall I buy to get Atmos music, then tell please.
Not possible.

It will be downmixed to stere

Spyerx

Only high resolutions stereo.

If Atmos is important to you, the Apple TV is a great device for that, it'll do lossless over HDMI to your receiver too (via Apple Music)

Brian Hall

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Only high resolutions stereo.

If Atmos is important to you, the Apple TV is a great device for that, it'll do lossless over HDMI to your receiver too (via Apple Music)

Amazon's Fire TV Cube with Amazon music works as well. Probably some of their sticks too.

Joffy1780

Amazon's Fire TV Cube with Amazon music works as well. Probably some of their sticks too.
Can confirm it works on Fire TV 4k Max.

Joffy1780

Have you tried it with Tidal's Atmos yet? I downgraded my Tidal to the regular Hifi tier and so can't test their Atmos stuff.
I haven't used Tidal, sorry.

BrooklynNick

I agree that the Apple TV works very well for outputting Atmos. Unfortunately, none of the streaming services offer lossless Atmos, only compressed.

Spyerx

For those of you using Apple Music don’t install 4.7beta. Looks like Apple is not allowing use on rooted android devices.
I’m sure a work around will be found.

Werther44210

A few people got a bit excited about Roon on ASR, the problem is that there are no measurements of what good sound is. For the video part, I treated myself to a Zidoo Neo Alpha, its DAC 9038 pro sounds good and is accurate, I think, the same as the Z8. I'm keeping the little DMP A6....

Top Bottom