• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 145 27.8%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 345 66.1%

• Total voters

doctorf

The DMP-A6 is a great sounding unit but I would not have bought it had I known I was buying a unit in development.
It is still not the finished article and some issues like tracks ending early and the unit needing rebooting because of WiFi/connection issues, never before a problem with squeezebox or Bluesound node, are extremely annoying.

Last edited:

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
The DMP-A6 is a great sounding unit but I would not have bought it had I known I was buying a unit in development.
It is still not the finished article and some issues like tracks ending early and the unit needing rebooting because of WiFi/connection issues, never before a problem with squeezebox or Bluesound node, are extremely annoying.
This is the charm of streaming. Although we have never promised the squeeze feature, with the latest firmware, you can experience the most perfect squeeze client

doctorf

Thank you.
I got rid of my sqeeezeboxes and have never used LMS since, but I’m sure some will benefit.

Spyerx

I haven't had the issues you have at all with mine.

I think the opposite of these units. The technology here is changing very fast, and I appreciate the pace of additional features and improvement of this device. The software side matters a lot. Is it perfect? NO, but spending some time with Aurender and Rose the software side of this unit is miles better.

doctorf

I haven't had the issues you have at all with mine.

I think the opposite of these units. The technology here is changing very fast, and I appreciate the pace of additional features and improvement of this device. The software side matters a lot. Is it perfect? NO, but spending some time with Aurender and Rose the software side of this unit is miles better.
I take your point but I use the unit in a very simple way and it really should work perfectly.

Vapor matt

My DPM-A6ME is connected via Lan cable and not via wifi yet i still experience tracks dropping out and skipping to the next track. I have tried bot Lan and wifi and it happens with both connection's. Its almost like the connection drops and the software skips to the next track. if thats hardware related or software i dont know.

Cepi

Hi, this is a bit annoying...

Attachments

• IMG_20231230_084025.jpg
    IMG_20231230_084025.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 183

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Miss Mirror, thanks Misue.
Keith

nawfal07

spizz

Mirror- Any chance of a rack mount kit for the A6 or a new full width 2024 product that is also Multi-Channel DSD HDMI product that is rack mountable please. Keep up the great work.

Miki222

Mirror- Any chance of a rack mount kit for the A6 or a new full width 2024 product that is also Multi-Channel DSD HDMI product that is rack mountable please. Keep up the great work.
I would also like a large standard size with multichannel out, but it must have a high-quality headphone amplifier and a large display like Rose, or 2 smaller ones, so that each channel of the equalizer is separate and in the middle a circular regulator. It would be a dream streamer.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Is mirror and Misue the same person?
I believe so and she has been extremely responsive to all my queries no matter how naive.
Keith

ThatGuyYouKnow

Using the analog section, I think the most satisfying part about the DMP-A6 is that I finally found an ESS DAC that is already tuned to handle imperfect optical signals without dropouts. Well, that and the sample rate switching is actually instantaneous.

jiji

The PEQ in the beta version, is it possible to upload a PEQ filters from rew directly to ever solo dmp a6?

hermano

Sorry have not trawled through the previous 160 pages of this thread so may have been answered. Can I ask what happens when apps such as Tidal and Qobuz stop supporting Android 11? (This will happen as older versions of Android no longer get security updates).

martin900

Never had any problem with mine. Sounds like a network issue / bad unit.

Top Bottom