• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Furutech NCF Clear Line Review (AC Optimizer)

Rate this product:

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 270 96.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 2.5%

• Total voters

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It’s always funny to see what people call “research”

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Just think of all of the PhDs that were gotten at Google University. I'd say it is in the millions at the moment. Google has an extremely large class size and huge graduations every month. I need one myself to put on my wall. Google University is better than MIT. I know it is true since I thought of it.
"To think is therefor to be right" by Spkrdctr. A famous guy I know.......:facepalm::rolleyes:

Last edited:

dogberry

I replied:

@whostolethebatmobile:
"I Researched via Google and ChatGPT..."
You're a very naughty boy! ChatGPT works better than I had imagined.
One user has thanked him and no one else has spotted the trick, so it's likely time to expose it. ChatGPT is a text predictor, as many of you will know. All the AI knows is that words like nanoparticles, entangle, supercapacitors, carbon, polymer, dielectric etc often occur close together, and it knows some rules of grammar for stringing them together. I wonder what the question was that he posed to the AI?

dogberry

Doing my best there, but it's a lonely business.

"What I have noticed that a few hours after applying the NPS-1260 to the blades on the Puron the sound got kinda dark sounding. But today everything is great! So, there was some sort of reaction."

Do you really believe that a solution applied to the prongs of something that isn’t even in the chain of power to components might make a negative effect after a few hours and then after some (unspecified) hours later make everything better?

You know, asking for a friend... But you are postulating something that doesn’t make any physical/electrical sense, but rather reeks of psychoacoustics.

Maybe you should buy a Puron for every empty socket in your house and report back to us about the nirvana you enjoy? Or would only the seller be in nirvana in those circumstances?

dogberry

And back to the Furutech NCF, it seems Steve doesn't like open criticism of the snake oil:

What a shame.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
And back to the Furutech NCF, it seems Steve doesn't like open criticism of the snake oil:

What a shame.

Well, at least they have experts to rely on.
:facepalm:

"I stepped in as a research psychologist myself numerous times to point out that many tested this with a sceptical attitude, so confirmation bias can NOT explain their findings."

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thre...firmation bias can NOT explain their findings.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I avoid the Steve Hoffman forum. Contains more bullshit than a 36 tonne muck spreader.
When I peeked in a few years back, it wasn't that bad. That thread though was getting pretty troglodytic.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
When I peeked in a few years back, it wasn't that bad. That thread though was getting pretty troglodytic.
I had my posts with actual data removed because they offended one of their regulars who was peddling junk phono stages. So my time there was one day.

NormB

I avoid the Steve Hoffman forum. Contains more bullshit than a 36 tonne muck spreader.

I’m not a communist.

I don’t share his strain of politics, and he’s very upfront with preemptively insulting those of us who don’t.

But it is fun to see him stamp his widdle feets over these kinds of things.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I had my posts with actual data removed because they offended one of their regulars who was peddling junk phono stages. So my time there was one day.

Well, idiots that we are, it's pure chance if we get Ohms law right 2 times out of 3.

NormB

Well, idiots that we are, it's pure chance if we get Ohms law right 2 times out of 3.

I stopped even trying.

The logic is simple, unasailable.

If you can’t measure a thing‘s effect, is it affecting any thing?

People spoke of human bodily auras millennia before we actually found what EM band each human body radiates on (simple physics of charged particles moving through magnetic fields - blood is full of ions) and now we can measure them to the point of using them in screening passengers/personnel for contraband in some settings (the Schwarzenegger Mars movie showed this way back in ‘91).

But electricity? Magnetism? I get the distinct impression on hoffman’s forum (audiogon too - especially there), if you’re just one of those poor sods who hasn’t got the HEARING for it, it’s not for you. Or, my favorite, the snob-attack of “, Well, if you can’t lay out $10,000 for a custom made by enslaved faeries silver Zitz wire with specialty secret buckeyball sauce (AS used by NASA on the Mars rovers don’t you know), why, tsk-tsk, you’ll just never know now, will you, plebe?

”Buy it and SEE!” is the cry of the sideshow huckster, carnival barker, street hustler and “patent pending” means never having to show anyone what’s actually inside.

Guys like Amir who from what I can see are just trying to get some actual, measurable DATA are pilloried there, (he JUST wants to sell chinese cr*p!) and challenged (well, THIS expert says), then ratio’d by the slavering hordes of Dorito dusted mouthbreathers to the point of ad hominem attacks (PAYOLA!) when all else fails.

Reminds me why I never had any interest in joining a fraternity as an undergrad: I already HAD a personality.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Well, at least they have experts to rely on.
:facepalm:

"I stepped in as a research psychologist myself numerous times to point out that many tested this with a sceptical attitude, so confirmation bias can NOT explain their findings."

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/furutech-ncf-clear-line-ac-conditioner.1108097/page-72#:~:text=I stepped in as a research psychologist myself numerous times to point out that many tested this with a sceptical attitude, so confirmation bias can NOT explain their findings.
But they leave out the other 10 biases affecting their decisions. But just because you think you might not like something does not mean that you can control the bias. The problem here is that the person doesn't know hardly anything about biases. They literally do not know how much they don't know. It is a new thing in writings now, they state they can't be biased as they were initially against the product. That has NO BEARING on the bias at all. I'm just so :facepalm:

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
But they leave out the other 10 biases affecting their decisions. But just because you think you might not like something does not mean that you can control the bias. The problem here is that the person doesn't know hardly anything about biases. They literally do not know how much they don't know. It is a new thing in writings now, they state they can't be biased as they were initially against the product. That has NO BEARING on the bias at all. I'm just so :facepalm:
Honestly with that remark there is just no way he did any university-level academic psychology study. Unless it was 70 years ago.

Top Bottom