• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

• Total voters

tomkatt

I'm perfectly happy with my living room setup. Big open room floor plan for kitchen and living room and my Klipsches bump out the space really nicely. Live music and jazz in particular sound outstanding on it.

My office space has a set of Wharfedale Diamond 220s, and they're wonderful for the space, but I'm finding I really like it with just 2.0 instead of 2.1 in this room, which is making me sometimes regret not springing a bit more for the Diamond 225s.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Over the years I finally became competent at crossovers and EQing. Along the way I gained a lot of respect for good speaker designers.

Fahzz

Forum Donor
I'm satisfied.
I've acquired several items since finding this site. Allo Boss 2 Player, KEF R3's, Denon 3700 AVR, and a 2 channel Hypex power amp, all based on recommendations I've read here.
I'm "thrifty" (i.e. cheap) so total cost was maybe $3300 US and I'm probably done.
I don't consider myself an audiophile, but I like music a lot. I don't have a dedicated listening room, and my living room is far from ideal, plus I use hearing aids, so there's no point in investing more money into this habit. But I'm listening to LCD Sound System right now and they sound great. In fact, even The Young Rascals from 1967 sound amazing on this gear (not to mention Miles Davis et al from the 50's).
Just want to say thanks to Amir and all the other contributors who helped me spend my money wisely and fruitfully.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes on quality but no on convenience. They family enjoys listening to music on the various systems I have set up but don’t bother using them themselves because it’s more steps then just asking Alexa to “play xxx”

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I said but… because what I have is sitting in boxes and needs to be installed.
I’m 2 weekends away from yes or no.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Am I satisfied with my music system?

Certainly in one sense: I'm more than happy - thrilled. Over the moon. Often gobsmacked.

Does that mean I'm done with my system? No. I like to play around. It's a hobby.

Ken1951

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Love both our systems. Will only change out AVRs when needed, and an amp if my Adcom 555 dies in the main system. Otherwise, everything is fab!

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Wow, it was 2016 when I posted about my system. since that time I have made major upgrades and am happy with it. Of course, I'll need new power amps one of these days, and still like a little bigger TV, but all in all I am happy with it.

Same problem now as then, not enough time to listen to/watch it! It's 8 pm here as I type and I am still working, awaiting a last test result so I can quit for the night.

Scytales

Forum Donor
I had been "Yes but" for about thirteen years before I have been "Yes" since February 2021 thanks to new speakers.

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm happy with my audio systems, yes.

Could do with some tuning on practical aspects on my main system (which happens to be the one that gets the less use), though.

Qobuz is a nice steaming service, although titles sometimes (too often, actually) disappear ftom the catalog for streaming.
Bluesound is nice to distribute music in the house. Roon requires a PC always on, and that's an additional constraint, so we do without it, even if I paid the license.

Aerith Gainsborough

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Ok, it's been another year.

I'm still "satisfied" and haven't changed anything.
Same here. No changes since I last posted (damn, time flies).
Audio reproduction is a solved problem for me. At least until something breaks down.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I'll remain a Yes But probably forever.
There's always some little upgrade I'm looking at.
Plus there's always room for improvement. :)

Pablo27

I love my system but alas... I'm not satisfied. This audio game is a cruel mistress.

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
I'm satisfied... but I am also always dreaming of the next upgrade. Not for any actual real reason -- I already have more than I need -- other than, really, to mainly satisfy a curiosity.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Yes but... I'd rather have floorstanders from Ino Audio for even cleaner audio plus better dynamics. It's however way too expensive at this point..

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
IMO, Being a true audiophile means always wondering if there is more detail on any particular recording to hear..
What am I missing is the question constantly at hand. LOL

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow just added my vote to this old poll....am at the point where only failure will encourage more shopping. Have had some issues with my main avr recently and could be on the consumer hunt soon but first I'll do some teardown/analysis :)

Top Bottom