• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Xbox Series X support for external DACs

Misguided

I gave up with the search for a DAC. I now have a splitter in my controller connected to a mic and line out, the line out goes into a SMSL HO100 via an RCA splitter, the mic is a lavalier one that clips onto your headphone wire, it has a long thin lead which is wound around the line out then goes under the amp and around my headphone lead. I've attached velcro cable ties at various points so it doesnt flap around and I have tied it to the desk I game at as the wires are quite heavy and pulled my last controller off my desk breaking it.

It works pretty well and the amplified sound from the controller is actually quite good. The mic doesnt have a mute but I use a Gamesir G7 wired controller which has a mute button and audio controls built in.

I think that's about the best I can get unless I grab one of the Astro Mixamps which are about £100 and really only a fancy splitter which I already have.

Top Bottom