• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Streamer

3mar67

Hi, hoping someone can help me with my question about Wiim Pro.
Is there a way to update my music library (flac files hosted on my pc)?
I added a couple of albums, and deleted a couple -- but the changes have not taken effect.
I assumed it just updated automatically in the Wiim app, but so far that's not the case.
My SONOS app has a button for updating the music library, but I can't find one on the Wiim app.
Thanks

Lasker

Hi, hoping someone can help me with my question about Wiim Pro.
Is there a way to update my music library (flac files hosted on my pc)?
I added a couple of albums, and deleted a couple -- but the changes have not taken effect.
I assumed it just updated automatically in the Wiim app, but so far that's not the case.
My SONOS app has a button for updating the music library, but I can't find one on the Wiim app.
Thanks
If you update the multimedia server (sonos?), you have to see the changement in your wiim library, this is the only way, wiim pro is a client.

3mar67

If you update the multimedia server (sonos?), you have to see the changement in your wiim library, this is the only way, wiim pro is a client.
My music files are on a NAS attached directly to my router via USB -- I earlier mistakenly said they were hosted on my PC.
The SONOS app sees the changes -- the Wiim app does not.
Can't figure out why :(

derek13

My music files are on a NAS attached directly to my router via USB -- I earlier mistakenly said they were hosted on my PC.
The SONOS app sees the changes -- the Wiim app does not.
Can't figure out why :(
I’ve just done a test adding a new folder of music to my Synology NAS and then browsing my music on the Wiim App and it sees the new music without me having to do anything.

3mar67

I’ve just done a test adding a new folder of music to my Synology NAS and then browsing my music on the Wiim App and it sees the new music without me having to do anything.
Thanks for sharing that info.

I formatted my drive and copied over all my music.
Wiim sees it all now.
Hope in the future it will update properly.
I'll try adding a folder when I get a chance, and see how it goes.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
From Russia with love.

Note that the analog I/O board is completely apart from the digital - so an "audiophile" version, with a better DAC and ADC would be fairly simple for WiiM to produce.

image (2).jpg
image (1).jpg
image.jpg
bba032e0ac4ddc1a2bb554834f0d0db29dd20161.jpeg

Last edited:

ClassicGuy

From Russia with love.

Note that the analog I/O board is completely apart from the digital - so an "audiophile" version, with a better DAC and ADC would be fairly simple for WiiM to produce.

In that case, can't wait for WiiM Pro++ or WiiM Ultimate to come out soon.

3mar67

I tried again adding a folder to my NAS -- still can't see the update in the Wiim app.
SONOS app sees it fine.
If I delete everything in my NAS and add it all in again -- then Wiim sees everything.

Videopac

In that case, can't wait for WiiM Pro++ or WiiM Ultimate to come out soon.
Well, the current Pro should have been called Plus, leaving room for a real Pro with a "pro"-dac (which pro-dac it should be is t.b.d.).

synesthesia

I just bought a Topping E50. I have no will power…

I can return it if I hear no differences. Which might happen.
I've just got my E50 today and paired it with wiim pro. I have Kef q150, fed by Aiyima A07. It's hard to tell without having a proper setup to switch between internal and external DACs, but I didn't hear any noticeable improvement after E50. Maybe it's just because of my budget amp + speakers. Or I should get checked my ears. I don't know.

Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
I've just got my E50 today and paired it with wiim pro. I have Kef q150, fed by Aiyama A07. It's hard to tell without having a proper setup to switch between internal and external DACs, but I didn't hear any noticeable improvement after E50. Maybe it's just because of my budget amp + speakers. Or I should get checked my ears. I don't know.
Neither - even "average to poor" measuring dacs (such as the one in the Wiim) perform so well the faults are inaudible to almost everyone. They are only "average" in comparison to better performing dacs - whose flaws are much smaller. But once the flaws are inaduble then it doesn't matter.

Return the E50 : You don't need it.

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Unless you have other digital sources you wish to connect, now or in the future, doesn't seem much sense in keeping the e50 really.

artkos

Hey guys, I have an issu with minimum volumne. I have conected wiim pro throught chromecat to googele home app and when I down the volumne it goes down to 10% and there is no posibily to get lower volumne becouse 9% make total mute.

Before wiim pro i had chromecast audio and there there was no problem to set any low volumne.

Anyone strugle with that.

Veri

Master Contributor
Hey guys, I have an issu with minimum volumne. I have conected wiim pro throught chromecat to googele home app and when I down the volumne it goes down to 10% and there is no posibily to get lower volumne becouse 9% make total mute.

Before wiim pro i had chromecast audio and there there was no problem to set any low volumne.

Anyone strugle with that.
Yes for me too the lowest 'step' is still fairly loud but one step below is mute. I will use (analog) pre-amp rather than relying on WiiM volume control fully.

withoutsuit

The same for me - that´s why I don´t use TuneIn with this device, because radio is still much to loud.

artkos

Yes for me too the lowest 'step' is still fairly loud but one step below is mute. I will use (analog) pre-amp rather than relying on WiiM volume control fully.
I am still not sure if it is well conectend. Other google devices are signed "chromecast", but wiim pro for example is "TIDAL conect" - schould't it be signed albo as chromecast.

Attachments

• 1680683573056-1.JPEG
    1680683573056-1.JPEG
    53.1 KB · Views: 78

artkos

The same for me - that´s why I don´t use TuneIn with this device, because radio is still much to loud.
Sadlly it has some issues to be solved.
For now using wiim pro with googel assystent is inconwinient.

I think it could be fix throught software update.
Any one knows if wiim is pocessing any software update?

Top Bottom