• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 61 17.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 285 80.5%

• Total voters

Everett T

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Anyone having issues with analog out after yesterday's update? I get no sound but it is clipping my amplifier like crazy, it weird.

totti1965

Anyone having issues with analog out after yesterday's update? I get no sound but it is clipping my amplifier like crazy, it weird.
Hi,
Perhaps you may switch the device on and off. Perhaps two times? Also may be an idea to control, if cables are deep enough plugged in?
Hope, that can help!

thorsten

gwing

Forum Donor
No, no problems here. What do you mean by 'no sound but clipping my amplifier' ?

Everett T

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
No, no problems here. What do you mean by 'no sound but clipping my amplifier' ?
Speakers are dead silent when I try to play something but the amps clipping indicators keep kicking in and out. Checked one channel on the amp with my phone and it works fine...

nn_in

A query .Plan to buy Wiim Pro plus and use the optical or coax out that goes into a stereo /dac amp ie Audiolab 9000A (optical or coax) . If i consider Audiolab 9000N streamer would the optical or coax output be better that the Wiim ?Thanks.

staticV3

Master Contributor
A query .Plan to buy Wiim Pro plus and use the optical or coax out that goes into a stereo /dac amp ie Audiolab 9000A (optical or coax) . If i consider Audiolab 9000N streamer would the optical or coax output be better that the Wiim ?Thanks.
The 9000N's optical or coax output would not be better than the WiiM.

BTW, the Pro Plus' only improvements over the regular WiiM Pro are an improved DAC and ADC.

If you're not planning on using the WiiM's analog inputs and outputs, then spending more for the Pro Plus would be money wasted.

nn_in

The 9000N's optical or coax output would not be better than the WiiM.

BTW, the Pro Plus' only improvements over the regular WiiM Pro are an improved DAC and ADC.

If you're not planning on using the WiiM's analog inputs and outputs, then spending more for the Pro Plus would be money wasted.
Thank you for the response. Would i be able to use the graphic equalizer in the wiim desktop win app as tone controls.

Top Bottom