• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Streamer

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
EE23770C-7F9C-459A-89A9-C4D55E8CCADB.jpeg

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Digitaltrader

Forum Donor
You sure?, see here

Yeah. I got the RX-A670 used for a good price, and did not check the specs closely enough. I think the very next model supports Qobuz, but not this one. Firmware update did not help.
You sure?, see here

RX-A670.jpg

BenjaminB

well, for any of my MusicCast units the starting page looks like this, with Qobuz:

musiccast_qobuz2.jpg

It may be possible to change which possibilities are displayed in the settings. I have never bothered with those, although I only use 2-3 of these.

Last edited:

yllanos

Since last update, I'm having trouble with 21V trigger. When listening at low volume, my amp suddenly makes a weird noise and shuts itself off. I had to disconnect the cable and use without it. No problems since then.

Anyone on the same boat?

I still have to test at higher volumes.

ehabheikal

Since last update, I'm having trouble with 21V trigger. When listening at low volume, my amp suddenly makes a weird noise and shuts itself off. I had to disconnect the cable and use without it. No problems since then.

Anyone on the same boat?

I still have to test at higher volumes.
You need to send this to wiim. They are very responsive.
I am waiting for international delivery of 2.5mm jack. I will test 12v trigger after i run this through a relay and trun on and off everything.

Last edited:

Digitaltrader

Forum Donor
well, for any of my MusicCast units the starting page looks like this, with Qobuz:

View attachment 269193

It may be possible to change which possibilities are displayed in the settings. I have never bothered with those, although I only use 2-3 of these.
My workaround was to run an optical cable from the WiiM pro to the Yamaha AVR. I was a little surprised, but got solid 24/192 with a 20’ cable. I just change the output of the WiiM between coax and spdif for different rooms. Not as elegant a solution, but it works.

View attachment 269193

jfort

Yeah. I got the RX-A670 used for a good price, and did not check the specs closely enough. I think the very next model supports Qobuz, but not this one. Firmware update did not help.

View attachment 269177
^^That looks like the Yamaha A/V Controller app. If you check this link, it looks like your AVR supports Musiccast, perhaps try downloading the app:

Karu

Forum Donor
The voice remote seems like vaporware in EU though

Top Bottom