• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

RichT

Is WiiM Mini in close range to router?

How's WiFi strength?

Be careful if it is TOO close - WiFi signal saturation can be a problem
yes it's close and has a strong signal. I'll fool around with that, maybe moving it around will help. It will not work on 5GHz at all. BTW, this mini used to work perfectly, it must have been an update that messed it up. I'm surprised no one else is complaining. With this playback problem I would never buy the Pro version. Thanks a lot, regards

JLGF1

My two Mini's updated recently and are working fine. You did update the phone client, correct?

Progger

JLGF1

I just spun up #3 (refurb). Updated & configured. Playing now...working fine.

Maybe do a factory reset and then update again?

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Do you think there will be a problem if I connect optical from the TV to the adapter and coax from the adapter to the amplifier with such a converter? so I can connect the optics from the amp to the wiim. and I use my amplifier's DAC both on TV and on the phone.
I don't think such a converter would cause a problem.

A WiiM 'Pro' could connect to the optical output of your TV and allow you to use the DAC in your amplifier for TV and on the phone. A WiiM Pro can apply Parametric EQ to the optical output of a TV.

Progger

I don't think such a converter would cause a problem.

A WiiM 'Pro' could connect to the optical output of your TV and allow you to use the DAC in your amplifier for TV and on the phone. A WiiM Pro can apply Parametric EQ to the optical output of a TV.
Frankly, I didn't understand the Wiim Pro connection.
My opinion;
Amplifier optic-optic with wiim mini.
Amplifier optic -adaptor -coax (amplifier input) with television.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Frankly, I didn't understand the Wiim Pro connection.
My opinion;
Amplifier optic-optic with wiim mini.
Amplifier optic -adaptor -coax (amplifier input) with television.
Your setup will work.

The WiiM 'Pro' has an optical input. The WiiM Mini does not have an optical input.

Optical output of TV >> Optical Input of WiiM Pro >> Yamaha 301 amp

The WiiM Pro can connect to the Yamaha via optical, digital coaxial, or line input - your choice

You would have to select the optical input on the WiiM Pro streamer in the WiiM Home app to hear TV audio in this signal chain

Using a WiiM Pro instead of a WiiM Mini would give you the option of running the audio of the TV through the WiiM Pro on its way to the Yamaha amp and apply Parametric EQ to all audio from the TV

Progger

Your setup will work.

The WiiM 'Pro' has an optical input. The WiiM Mini does not have an optical input.

Optical output of TV >> Optical Input of WiiM Pro >> Yamaha 301 amp

The WiiM Pro can connect to the Yamaha via optical, digital coaxial, or line input - your choice

You would have to select the optical input on the WiiM Pro streamer in the WiiM Home app to hear TV audio in this signal chain

Using a WiiM Pro instead of a WiiM Mini would give you the option of running the audio of the TV through the WiiM Pro on its way to the Yamaha amp and apply Parametric EQ to all audio from the TV
Does wiim mini have an optical input? I want Wiim for phone connection. The TV is already connected optically. However, in order to make the phone connection of high quality, I looked for an alternative to my television connection (optical-coax), so that the wiim-amplifier connection can be optical. My amplifier has 1 optical input and 1 coax input. And I want to be powered by my amp's internal DAC, not the wiim's DAC.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Does wiim mini have an optical input? I want Wiim for phone connection. The TV is already connected optically. However, in order to make the phone connection of high quality, I looked for an alternative to my television connection (optical-coax), so that the wiim-amplifier connection can be optical. My amplifier has 1 optical input and 1 coax input. And I want to be powered by my amp's internal DAC, not the wiim's DAC.
The WiiM Mini does not have an optical input. The WiiM Pro has an optical input and the Pro would allow you to apply Parametric EQ to the audio from your TV. Your proposed setup will work with a WiiM Mini but you would not be able to apply Parametric EQ to the audio from the optical output of your TV like you can with a WiiM Pro.

Progger

The WiiM Mini does not have an optical input. The WiiM Pro has an optical input and the Pro would allow you to apply Parametric EQ to the audio from your TV. Your proposed setup will work with a WiiM Mini but you would not be able to apply Parametric EQ to the audio from the optical output of your TV like you can with a WiiM Pro.
Parametric EQ is more important to me when connecting via phone. If I can use EQ on the phone via Toslink connection, there is no problem.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
My WiiM Mini updated to Firmware 4.6.530553 this morning and Parametric EQ has been added as an option in the settings for EQ in the WiiM app (iOS)

Progger

My WiiM Mini updated to Firmware 4.6.530553 this morning and Parametric EQ has been added as an option in the settings for EQ in the WiiM app (iOS)
Is there any information on how to make parametric eq settings? There are 4 tapes, I cannot add or remove them.

Nonick

You need to manually set peq settings, then click save > name the preset. Only 4 peq filter values are available.
Audio settings > PEQ > Turn on.
> Manually enter PEQ values > Save > Name the preset. Then it becomes active and marked with green checkmark.
If you want only one frequency gain adjustment, leave the rest to 0.0

Progger

You need to manually set peq settings, then click save > name the preset. Only 4 peq filter values are available.
Audio settings > PEQ > Turn on.
> Manually enter PEQ values > Save > Name the preset. Then it becomes active and marked with green checkmark.
If you want only one frequency gain adjustment, leave the rest to 0.0
Screenshot_20231001-115914_WiiM Home.jpg

Unfortunately, peq settings do not appear in the sound settings. I bought the device yesterday. What do you recommend that I set the sample rate and bit depth values in the SPDIF output resolution section?

JLGF1

PEQ toggle is on the top of the EQ page.

Old: GEQ
New: GEQ / PEQ

Progger

PEQ toggle is on the top of the EQ page.

Old: GEQ
New: GEQ / PEQ
Screenshot_20231001-121400_WiiM Home.jpg

I know. and only 4 bands appear here. Shouldn't I be able to add tape?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231001-121400_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20231001-121400_WiiM Home.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 30

JLGF1

Tape? You mean (filter) type?

The wiim PEQ implementation is limited to four filters total. You can't add more.

Progger

Tape? You mean (filter) type?

The wiim PEQ implementation is limited to four filters total. You can't add more.
Yes. My speaker is polk audio elite es20. This eq is suggested in the title. I don't know how to add it.

Code:
Polk ES200 APO EQ Score 96000Hz
May102022-182432

Preamp: -2.7 dB

Filter 1: ON HPQ Fc 46.64,    0.00,    1.32
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 104.14,    -1.17,    0.95
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 637.31,    -3.23,    4.89
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 1012.22,    -1.88,    4.85
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 2155.62,    1.81,    0.67
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 3534.42,    -1.79,    4.99
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 6251.80,    -1.61,    0.75
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 8464.23,    2.20,    4.41

staticV3

Master Contributor
Yes. My speaker is polk audio elite es20. This eq is suggested in the title. I don't know how to add it.

Code:
Polk ES200 APO EQ Score 96000Hz
May102022-182432

Preamp: -2.7 dB

Filter 1: ON HPQ Fc 46.64,    0.00,    1.32
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 104.14,    -1.17,    0.95
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 637.31,    -3.23,    4.89
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 1012.22,    -1.88,    4.85
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 2155.62,    1.81,    0.67
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 3534.42,    -1.79,    4.99
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 6251.80,    -1.61,    0.75
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 8464.23,    2.20,    4.41
That EQ is for the ES200, not for the ES20.

Even if it was for the right speaker, you cannot implement that EQ on the WiiM, because it does not support the required number of bands.
The PEQ preset would have to be recomputed with the WiiM's PEQ limitations in mind.

Top Bottom