• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

DrTom

The last two non beta firmware versions have supported AMHD only in the WiiM app (viz. “Support Amazon Music HD, Ultra HD on the WiiM Home app (Public preview)” ) but not when casting from the Amazon Music app, nor would you have been able to play lossless AMHD in an Alexa multi room music group.
As I said, I have previously removed the mini from the Alexa group that it was in. And as I also previously said, I have tried playing from within the Wiim Home app without success.

murzik

As I said, I have previously removed the mini from the Alexa group that it was in. And as I also previously said, I have tried playing from within the Wiim Home app without success.
Make sure to enable Amazon Music HD/UHD beta in Amazon music settings in WIIM app.

Music1969

Major Contributor
Have tried playing in wiim app and casting from AM.
As Brantome mentioned, casting isn't supposed to be working for you anyway.

UHD Certainly should be working inside the WiiM Home app though

Sign out of Amazon Music inside WiiM app.

Maybe do a factory reset and setup again

BDE

To all the digital experts, I like to add a streamer to my setup so that I don`t need the TV for listening to music (primary Spotify) and like the WiiM

Equipment:
# apple TV 4K HDMI ARC -> Sony TV -> SPDIF/ toslink output (48kHz I guess)
# miniDSP with a coaxial, a SPDIF/ toslink and a AES/ EBU input (96kHz internally)
# streamer I like to add maybe the Wiim? (xx?kHz)

So the issue 2 devices with toslink output but only 1 toslink input..

Options:
A) take another streamer with coaxial output? Which one (same price range)?
B) a converter from SPDIF/ toslink to coaxial output? Used for the TV or streamer? Which one?
C) an automatic SPDIF/ toslink switch (2 in/ 1 out)? Which one?
D) maybe further ways I don`t considered..

Eneko

To all the digital experts, I like to add a streamer to my setup so that I don`t need the TV for listening to music (primary Spotify) and like the WiiM

Equipment:
# apple TV 4K HDMI ARC -> Sony TV -> SPDIF/ toslink output (48kHz I guess)
# miniDSP with a coaxial, a SPDIF/ toslink and a AES/ EBU input (96kHz internally)
# streamer I like to add maybe the Wiim? (xx?kHz)

So the issue 2 devices with toslink output but only 1 toslink input..

Options:
A) take another streamer with coaxial output? Which one (same price range)?
B) a converter from SPDIF/ toslink to coaxial output? Used for the TV or streamer? Which one?
C) an automatic SPDIF/ toslink switch (2 in/ 1 out)? Which one?
D) maybe further ways I don`t considered..
I solved a similar problem connecting the Apple TV 4K via SPDIF using a Bluestream SW21AB-V2 and a WiiM Mini via toslink to a Minidsp flex. The Bluestream works fantastic, I had some issues with other audio extractors and the 4K image quality, but this one works perfect, and you have another HDMI in if you need to connect something else (I have a Nintendo switch also connected).

Reactions: BDE

Bamyasi

I have no experience with this one, but have seen it mentioned in another thread here.

I bought this automatic switch couple months ago, based on the positive feedback I found on this forum and others. Works pretty well in my case, although you should be aware that its automatic algorithm cannot guarantee instant switching for all possible configurations of input devices (see documentation on the product page for details). Also, my item does not seem to support 88.2 kHz sampling rate for input signal (cannot obtain a reliable lock). Developer offered a replacement but cannot guarantee it will work with this sampling rate either, so I decided to keep mine. So far, I have only encountered 88.2 kHz album once (on Qobuz) and it was not the kind of music I am a fan of. With all other tracks, including 192 kHz ones, it works excellently switching my three TOSLINK sources into single TOSLINK output (plugged into my DAC). But as usual, YMMV.

WondrousHippo

Forum Donor
I bought this automatic switch couple months ago, based on the positive feedback I found on this forum and others. Works pretty well in my case, although you should be aware that its automatic algorithm cannot guarantee instant switching for all possible configurations of input devices (see documentation on the product page for details). Also, my item does not seem to support 88.2 kHz sampling rate for input signal (cannot obtain a reliable lock). Developer offered a replacement but cannot guarantee it will work with this sampling rate either, so I decided to keep mine. So far, I have only encountered 88.2 kHz album once (on Qobuz) and it was not the kind of music I am a fan of. With all other tracks, including 192 kHz ones, it works excellently switching my three TOSLINK sources into single TOSLINK output (plugged into my DAC). But as usual, YMMV.
Interesting, I have this switcher and yeah, it struggles with 88.2 kHz as well?

Bamyasi

Bizzare that it works with 44.1k and 192k but not 88.2k
Benjamin (developer) told me the MCU inside should support all rates, including 88.2 kHs and 176.4 kHz, but either this is not true for the chip's revision used or there is a bug in the firmware. Benjamin said he was unable to debug this issue because his PC's soundcard does not support those rates either. A rather lame excuse, I would say. He probably does not want to spend to much time on this.

derek13

since release 421831 every album played on Amazon Music through WiiM App goes into shuffle mode and plays tracks randomly. Anyone else experienced this? I’ve reported it.
Note: if I cast from AM App it plays OK

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
since release 421831 every album played on Amazon Music through WiiM App goes into shuffle mode and plays tracks randomly. Anyone else experienced this? I’ve reported it.
I've no such issue on beta 243. Maybe it has been fixed in meantime.

imral3

I'm on 831 and do not experience this issue. Albums play in proper order for me. Is the shuffle button highlighted in the Wiim app when this happens?

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
since release 421831 every album played on Amazon Music through WiiM App goes into shuffle mode and plays tracks randomly. Anyone else experienced this?
Nope. Works as expected here.

derek13

Update: my other WiiM was fine. So on the problem one I did a full factory reset and reinstall and now it works fine.

Witterings

Has anybody else had any issues today ... I'm running non beta version but it was awful today, trying to narrow down if it was an internet issue (tested and didn't seem to be) or maybe Amazon itself ... but just kept stopping like it was buffering.

Bamyasi

Has anybody else had any issues today ... I'm running non beta version but it was awful today, trying to narrow down if it was an internet issue (tested and didn't seem to be) or maybe Amazon itself ... but just kept stopping like it was buffering.
Last non-beta version is completely broken. Unusable and always was like this for me.

Top Bottom