• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Raver

Wow that's cool, I will give that a try.
OK so I had music playing on the wiim in the kitchen and asked alexa to move my music to the bedroom and or bedroom Echo. Alexa says sorry I am having trouble moving what's playing... fail.

Brantome

Major Contributor
OK so I had music playing on the wiim in the kitchen and asked alexa to move my music to the bedroom and or bedroom Echo. Alexa says sorry I am having trouble moving what's playing... fail.
Works for me or I wouldn’t have suggested it ‍…

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Interesting. I built an m3u playlist using the Tidal API. WiiM plays the tracks from Tidal, but ignores the track and artist names, and the album cover art url. Nothing except the track total and current time shows up on the WiiM home app. At least it plays...
At least media control is working, so I can finally add it to my Home Assistant.

ccristal

Hello Morillon,

The hardware of WiiM Pro will be different from Mini. It's quadcore CPU instead of dual core and 512MB DRAM/flash instead of 128MB DRAM/flash. The application software will be same except the support Chromecast audio and support of additional interfaces. Since these two share the same code base, we shoot two birds with one stone. They'll also share the same WiiM Home App (not quite sure of the meaning of "OEM" App. The App is developed internally (within LinkPlay)). Hope it clarifies!
@WiiM Support Whatever you do with the Wiim Pro, please increase the number of presets to at least 10 and add hardware buttons for them... :)

Brantome

Major Contributor
@WiiM Support Whatever you do with the Wiim Pro, please increase the number of presets to at least 10 and add hardware buttons for them... :)
The next release will increase presets to 12 - from their roadmap:

Updates to be
released by 8/31
Performance Improvements:
  • In-App TIDAL playback
New Features:
  • Gapless playback for Amazon Music Ultra HD on WiiM Home App
  • Release WiiM Home App for PC and macOS
  • EQ to set 10-band Graphic EQ (Android)
  • TIDAL Master MQA (Beta)
  • Support landscape mode on tablets (iOS)
  • Add the bitrate/bit-depth/sample rate for the Alexa sources
  • Increase the number of presets from 6 to 12
  • Add 'delete' functions to presets on WiiM Home app

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The next release will increase presets to 12 - from their roadmap:

Updates to be
released by 8/31
Performance Improvements:
  • In-App TIDAL playback
New Features:
  • Gapless playback for Amazon Music Ultra HD on WiiM Home App
  • Release WiiM Home App for PC and macOS
  • EQ to set 10-band Graphic EQ (Android)
  • TIDAL Master MQA (Beta)
  • Support landscape mode on tablets (iOS)
  • Add the bitrate/bit-depth/sample rate for the Alexa sources
  • Increase the number of presets from 6 to 12
  • Add 'delete' functions to presets on WiiM Home app
I’m looking forward to that mqa since I have tidal hifi plus and dac that support mqa on optical as renderer. Mqa core plus renderer equal full unfold.

WiiM Support

Hi, the number of presets will be increased to 12 on the WiiM Mini in our next firmware release. There's hardware button for preset on WiiM Mini. We'll also offer the BLE remote control with preset buttons that works with WiiM Mini and WiiM Pro around Oct. Please stay tuned!

WiiM Support

Interesting. I built an m3u playlist using the Tidal API. WiiM plays the tracks from Tidal, but ignores the track and artist names, and the album cover art url. Nothing except the track total and current time shows up on the WiiM home app. At least it plays...
Hello Ralph, good catch! I'll let our eng. team know and see if we can fix it shortly.

Jpdelaney.tml

I see I am off the whitelist beta testers. I get my Amazon UHD now from Home app, that’s all I really need. Multi room Alexa and Link-play (Wiim + Aryluc S10) seems fine, no HD indicated but’s that’s okay with my Polk sound bar (Alexa). What am I missing, gapless?

ENG

Forum Donor
Hello WiiM Support
I have a WiiM Mini and a Deezer account. The WiiM Mini continuously goes into trialmode. Which means you hear a number for 30 sec. in low resolution. I then lockout and login again and things are in order for some time. And then again, without warning, Deezer is in trialmode. The WiFi is very strong and the signal is steady and I don't have issues with other thing on that WiFi. I hope there is a solution. And the WiiM Mini is updated to the newest version.

Last edited:

WiiM Support

Hello WiiM Support
I have a WiiM Mini and a Deezer account. The WiiM Mini continuously goes into trialmode. Which means you hear a number for 30 sec. in low resolution. I then lockout and login again and things are in order for some time. And then again, without warning, Deezer is in trialmode. The WiFi is very strong and the signal is steady and I don't have issues with other thing on that WiFi. I hope there is a solution. And the WiiM Mini is updated to the newest version.
Hello ENG, this is an known issue to us due to the old API integration we have. We're working on replacing it with the new API (also with more features) and the fix should be released around late Sept. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Reactions: ENG

morillon

Major Contributor
Hello WiiM Support
did you do a complete reset of the wiim and reinstalled new firmware?

morillon

Major Contributor
then
in the wiim home
log out of deezer and log in again
?
experienced this situation many months ago...but it hasn't been the case for a long time.

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Hello Ralph, good catch! I'll let our eng. team know and see if we can fix it shortly.
There is also an issue with status in getPlayerStatus. It doesn't reflect current status when tidal connect is used and it remains as "none" all the time.

Top Bottom