• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

sychan

Forum Donor
Based on your logic, the consumer should be happy with oversalted pizza, because it is much cheaper. But the increase in the equivalent cost of one capacitor is enough for the pizza to be edible enough.

More like a consumer gets a pizza for $3 and complains that it lacks the fine flavor of a $30 pizza.

conuss

More like a consumer gets a pizza for $3 and complains that it lacks the fine flavor of a $30 pizza.
That is, the addition of one 47uF capacitor is estimated at $27.. Will you order one with a gold-plated case?

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi,

Danibourn wrote that there is no pop on ignition, this seems without adding a capacitor on the mute / reset. Maybe due to the type of SMPS, despite Toku having industrial grade SMPS.

I will receive my Shui Yuan TPA3255 within a few days. Will plug it into a Meanwell 36v 10A SMPS (which I will go up to 40vdc).

So I can tell you if there is a pop. If so, I will use the capacitor trick on the mute / reset, I have several.

Ps: The standard grade capacitor (just to tune the pop, no need to pay dearly) only costs a few dollars.

Toku

Major Contributor
Hi,

Danibourn wrote that there is no pop on ignition, this seems without adding a capacitor on the mute / reset. Maybe due to the type of SMPS, despite Toku having industrial grade SMPS.

I will receive my Shui Yuan TPA3255 within a few days. Will plug it into a Meanwell 36v 10A SMPS (which I will go up to 40vdc).

So I can tell you if there is a pop. If so, I will use the capacitor trick on the mute / reset, I have several.

Ps: The standard grade capacitor (just to tune the pop, no need to pay dearly) only costs a few dollars.
You are expected that the pop noise will disappear by replacing the power supply, but unfortunately the pop noise level will fluctuate a little depending on the power supply voltage used, but it will not disappear.

The power supply I use in the test is a product of a company called COSEL in Japan. It is rated at 24V/10A and set to 31V with VR for voltage adjustment.
The 240W and 480W types of this product use the LLC method, which is rare for industrial power supplies. I have multiple stocks of this power supply and use it as the main power supply.
The unit next to this power supply is Meanwell's 48V/150W unit. After the test, connect to this 48V.
Although not shown in the photo, I also use Meanwell's 48V and 36V 200W types.

woodyohill

Forum Donor
Hi. I bought a dual TPA3255 2.1 BRZHIFI amplifier, do you have any opinions on a passive subwoofer to pair? I will use this amplifier mainly with the lonpoo lp42

Hi, for the BRZHIFI, how does the subwoofer out work? Is it permanently in 2.1 mode? or does it output full range on the main terminals with no HPF? and then the sub out is 20-200Hz?

Toku

Major Contributor
In the 2.1 model, the MID adjustment knob that was in the 2.0 model has disappeared, and a BASS knob has been added instead. I think that the lowpass frequency of BASS can be changed with this.
But the question remains. In this case, how do you adjust the volume balance of BASS?

iamlwl

[QUOTE =“ AIYIMA,帖子:541007,會員:19745”]我知道您所說的產品。AIYIMA XZD-1752PRO和Tilear 2.1是我們為客戶生產的放大器。
因此它們具有相同的封面。
XZD-1752PRO是2.0ch TPA3255。
AIYIMA A04是2.0ch TPA3251。
Tilear是2.ch TPA3116。
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------
另外,我們的工程師要我問一下A04 / A07是否已升級,您要添加哪些功能?
1.光纖同軸
2.藍牙
3. 2.1聲道
4. PC USB [/ QUOTE]

2.1伏時
BRIDGE

daniboun

Major Contributor
Hi amigos,

Just got my new TPA3255 by HanZao.
This module is pretty unknown so I wanted to test it )

Out of the Box the module comes with the below components :

- 8000uf Rubycon YXF serie Low ESR / 50V
- Buffer caps, Rubycon YXF serie as well
- FIlm caps (MKP) Wurth
- SE Input (using Micro JST connector 2.0)
- DIP 8 OP Amps 5532 (updated with OPA1656)

Need to make a listening test before comparing vs others...
But sounds good at the moment. No Pop sound ON / OFF.

The module is really well protected : Yesterday I was tired and I mounted the power supply in the wrong way and the same for the OP amps... The module has automatically put itself in protection mode.
The Micro JST 2.0 connector is not practical for the SE input but I connected it with a JST 2.54 which is more conventional.

The amp :

- Full alu case
- HanZao TPA3255 module
- 350W LLC PSU / 36V / 9.5A
- OPA1656
- Alps volume pot
- PET Cooper Cables
- AC Filter

Next step : updating Buffer caps.... If I have time )

Toku

Major Contributor
Hi amigos,

Just got my new TPA3255 by HanZao.
This module is pretty unknown so I wanted to test it )

Out of the Box the module comes with the below components :

- 8000uf Rubycon YXF serie Low ESR / 50V
- Buffer caps, Rubycon YXF serie as well
- FIlm caps (MKP) Wurth
- SE Input (using Micro JST connector 2.0)
- DIP 8 OP Amps 5532 (updated with OPA1656)

Need to make a listening test before comparing vs others...
But sounds good at the moment. No Pop sound ON / OFF.

The module is really well protected : Yesterday I was tired and I mounted the power supply in the wrong way and the same for the OP amps... The module has automatically put itself in protection mode.
The Micro JST 2.0 connector is not practical for the SE input but I connected it with a JST 2.54 which is more conventional.

The amp :

- Full alu case
- HanZao TPA3255 module
- 350W LLC PSU / 36V / 9.5A
- OPA1656
- Alps volume pot
- PET Cooper Cables
- AC Filter

Next step : updating Buffer caps.... If I have time )

I've been wondering since this product was released, but what is the purpose of the large 2.2Ω resistor near the output filter?

daniboun

Major Contributor
If you mean this : it is a Fuse !

daniboun

Major Contributor
My bad ) sorry, Jlester modules are using the same kind of resistors :

IMG-20210112-192534.jpg

Toku

Major Contributor
From the size and value of the resistor I thought it was a protective resistor inserted in series with the SP output.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Hi amigos,

I gave a try with the HanZao TPA3255 + OPA1692, I think it is the very first time they have been tested here with the TPA325X chip.

AMAZING OP AMPS !!!!!! Wouaaaaaaaaaaaa
An incredible definition! the highs are so good! The voices stand out wonderfully on the front of the stage, it's clean and what a soundstage! Love it )

Here are some videos, they are worth what they are worth but it gives an idea from a distance)

Video 1

https://streamable.com/kxykiy

Video 2

https://streamable.com/zfp8tn

Last edited:
Top Bottom