• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AIYIMA A03 - OP AMP Change

Joseph1

I owned an AIYIMA A03 amp. I feel like the BASS is not enough for me. I tested from its left & right channels (not using subwoofers).
Supply voltage is 19V/4.7A.

At first I thought it was due to my speakers, but after I have tested with many bookshelf speakers, but the BASS is not punchy (shake level) even I turn the BASS knob to its maximum.

The only thing I can do is to replace its NE5532 OPAMPs & see. Many OPA Audio opamps are discontinued & the only one I can find is LM4562, but it is half the price of the complete AMP.

Will I get a noticeable BASS Boost after replacing these OPAMPS? Or should I go with AIYIMA A07 Pro which has TPA3255?

Thanks

JSmith

Master Contributor
AIYIMA A03
Well the A05 which uses the TPA3221 showed a rolled off frequency response from around 80Hz down;

index.php

However the A03 uses the TPA3116... maybe it has the same or worse roll off.

Don't bother with op-amp rolling... get an amp that doesn't show this issue though if you wish.
Or should I go with AIYIMA A07 Pro which has TPA3255?
Well at least it doesn't have that bass roll off;

index.php

You may wish to take a look at this TPA3255 based amp;

Oh and welcome to ASR. :)

JSmith

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Will I get a noticeable BASS Boost after replacing these OPAMPS?
Changing opamps has no effect on frequency response in the bass, and in the treble only for broken designs (chose of inappropriate opamp with not enough gain) which is very unlikely.

OP
J

Joseph1

index.php

Well at least it doesn't have that bass roll off;

JSmith

Many thanks for the detail review. Well spot on the frequency response graph. Looks likes that's the issue with A03 (below 80Hz starts to roll off).I'll compare with my A07 Pro, it will arrive on this weekend.

Many Thanks.

Top Bottom