• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

audiobroke

Seems to be the same board as the TPA3255 that comments @danibound in https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...tpa3255-amp-do-you-recommend.9148/post-701314.

I am waiting for a 3251 version and I will tell you my impressions when it arrives. The seller has generated a tracking code but it seems that the product has not put in sorting center after 7 days. I am afraid that the product is very new and is selling it out of stock.

It was a toss-up for me and I decided to go with the TPA3251 board version. I went ahead and placed the order on Aliexpress and they are showing a processing time of up to 8 days. I hope these boards aren't on back order and they are of the same batch like in the description.

trunkline

It was a toss-up for me and I decided to go with the TPA3251 board version. I went ahead and placed the order on Aliexpress and they are showing a processing time of up to 8 days. I hope these boards aren't on back order and they are of the same batch like in the description.
Today, after 10 days from the order, the tracking indicates that it has been deposited in the transport office. Now we just have to wait. Its a TPA3251 versión of the board.

Toku

Major Contributor
I just ordered the Aiyma A07 with the NE5532 OP Amp. any idea whether this is a good OP AMP or not?
I think the original NE5532P is enough for the op amp.
I own a number of TPA3255 amps, including the AIYIMA A07, but I have tried a number of recommended OP amps so far. But I didn't feel any clear difference in speaker playback.
If replacing the op amp makes you feel better, it makes sense.

In my case, I am replacing the OP amps of some amps so as not to waste the OP amps I purchased.

Last edited:

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think the original NE5532P is enough for the op amp.
I own a number of TPA3255 amps, including the AIYIMA A07, but I have tried a number of recommended OP amps so far. But I didn't feel any clear difference in speaker playback.
If replacing the op amp makes you feel better, it makes sense.

In my case, I am replacing the OP amps of some amps so as not to waste the OP amps I purchased.

Any idea what’s the input sensitivity of the Aiyima A07?

I have 2.0 Vrms input.

Toku

Major Contributor
Any idea what’s the input sensitivity of the Aiyima A07?

I have 2.0 Vrms input.
I think the standard input level of AIYIMA A07 is 2V.
However, since the input signal from RCA is directly connected to the volume POT, there is no problem even if the signal input is larger than 2V, if it is reduced by the volume.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think the standard input level of AIYIMA A07 is 2V.
However, since the input signal from RCA is directly connected to the volume POT, there is no problem even if the signal input is larger than 2V, if it is reduced by the volume.

So as long as you play with the volume knob, it's not possible to clip the amp?

Toku

Major Contributor
So as long as you play with the volume knob, it's not possible to clip the amp?
Clipping does not occur because the input of the OP amplifier is restricted by the volume POT.
If the circuit has a volume POT after the OP amplifier, clipping may occur if the input is large.

I have the SMSL M500 and Topping E30 connected in DAC mode but no clips occur.

SylphAudio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
My bad ) sorry, Jlester modules are using the same kind of resistors :

Hi Daniel,

You might want to test my latest module: Sylph-D200 "TPA3251" non-PFFB .

In my listening tests, it is more punchy and has more midrange depth compared to TPA3255.

If you AB test the Sylph-D200 to other TPA3255 modules, Sylph-D200 will be far more clearer.

164059959_488344662335408_4560101258091817037_n.jpg

Regards,
Lester

Toku

Major Contributor
Hi Daniel,

You might want to test my latest module: Sylph-D200 "TPA3251" non-PFFB .

In my listening tests, it is more punchy and has more midrange depth compared to TPA3255.

If you AB test the Sylph-D200 to other TPA3255 modules, Sylph-D200 will be far more clearer.

View attachment 120068

Regards,
Lester
I have a question about your TPA3255 amp.
What are the uses of the four blue 2.2Ω resistors in the photo?
I understand it as a short circuit protection resistor connected in series with the speaker output.
If so, I'm worried about the effect on the damping factor of the amplifier.

Attachments

• IMG-20210112-192534b.jpg
    IMG-20210112-192534b.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 502

Toku

Major Contributor
Hi Toku,

No it is Zobel resistor R_Z = 1 ohm, yellow cap is C_Z = 220nF in slaa788a.

Regards,
Lester
I want to know the purpose of using that 1Ω resistor.
I don't see many such resistors installed in TPA325x series amplifiers.

mihvas

Clipping does not occur because the input of the OP amplifier is restricted by the volume POT.
If the circuit has a volume POT after the OP amplifier, clipping may occur if the input is large.

I have the SMSL M500 and Topping E30 connected in DAC mode but no clips occur.
I have e30 and wanted to upgrade to m300 or m500. Is it worthy?

Toku

Major Contributor
I have e30 and wanted to upgrade to m300 or m500. Is it worthy?
To be honest, I hardly feel any difference in sound quality when comparing the E30 and M500.
The problems that occur in actual operation are greater than that.

The E30 produces a certain level of pop noise when switching to songs with different bit rates. The level of pop noise is small, but it is a little worrisome when directly connected to a power amplifier.

When the power is turned off, the M500 (Ver.1) produces a non-negligible level of pop noise from the XLR output. Also, if you turn up the volume in headphone mode, sound leakage will occur in the XLR / RCA analog output.
So I plan to replace the M500 with another model such as the Topping D30 Pro.

gshen

Please pardon the noob question - I have a BRZ hifi TPA3255 amp , SMSL Sanskrit MK2 DAC and Elac DBR62 speakers.

How would one ideally connect an active sub in a setup like that?

The BRZhifi is replacing a NAD C320BEE which I could easily put a splitter between pre and power amp, but I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to work the sub with the new setup.

Thankful for any suggestions as well as all the great info on this awesome forum thus far!

chips666

Please pardon the noob question - I have a BRZ hifi TPA3255 amp , SMSL Sanskrit MK2 DAC and Elac DBR62 speakers.

How would one ideally connect an active sub in a setup like that?

The BRZhifi is replacing a NAD C320BEE which I could easily put a splitter between pre and power amp, but I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to work the sub with the new setup.

Thankful for any suggestions as well as all the great info on this awesome forum thus far!

Your Sanskrit has a SW output to your sub
Easy ;)

Top Bottom