• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which Streamer

OP
D

Dagoxx

Thank you on my iPad it was slow and as I do have to change sooner or later change the tablet I would rater buy a transport/dac combo than an iPad.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you on my iPad it was slow and as I do have to change sooner or later change the tablet I would rater buy a transport/dac combo than an iPad.
Its easy to find a 10' android tablet for under $100 dollars and just dedicate it uncluttered with apps to the music system with or without screens on your streamers.

OP
D

Dagoxx

Yes right but the Auralic runs only on iPhone. Bubbleupnp was to slow on the Android phone

OP
D

Dagoxx

Hello
Which DAC would be then the best match with the Wiim. For jazz and classic. It is set for a stereo equipment on a tube amp.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Choose the dac that has the features you require from any of the units in the ‘blue’ section of Amir’s list of dac reviews.
As has been discussed, as long as the streamer sends but perfect data then there will be no difference, the Wiim Pro wasn’t that fantastic in terms of analogue output but the Pro Plus is now audibly transparent which means it is as good as it gets at any price.
Keith

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Wiim Pro Plus on its own is good enough.
Keith

OP
D

Dagoxx

I have seen that Wiim pro plus together with DAC will have an edge. Don't mind to have additional device. Where is the blue section you referred

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
It’s included in every review with the position of the reviewed item, for example,

Keith

Greenman

Doesn’t the Auralic Aries Mini have digital out (think it does), if so then your best approach IMO is to add an external DAC. (What I read about the Auralic seems to praise the app)

Theres loads of DACs to pick from. Most people on here will tell you they all sound the same, I do not subscribe to this view having experienced 3 that all sound completely different. even so looking at reviews on this site (and elsewhere) is a good place to start.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Dacs can sound different if they are poorly enough engineered , again any failings will be explicit in their measurements .
Keith

Greenman

Dacs can sound different if they are poorly enough engineered , again any failings will be explicit in their measurements .
Keith

given the spec of the Auralic is:

Line Output Specification

• Frequency Response: 20 - 20KHz, +/- 0.1dB***
  • THD+N: <0.002%, 20Hz-20KHz at 0dBFS
  • Dynamic Range: 110dB, 20Hz-20KHz, A-weighted
  • Output Voltage: 2Vrms

then why not tell the poster that what he has cannot be improved upon!?

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Which DAC would be then the best match with the Wiim. For jazz and classic
No DAC on Earth are suitable for one kind of music or the other. It is good for any music or it is not.

I'm afraid that you're chasing ghosts here. Buy the Streamer that suits you regarding aesthetics, features, software ecosystem and so on. But any good streamer would sound the same. If not, then, it is not good.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
You have quoted specification not measurements, I haven’t looked at any measurements for Auralic but I imagine they are transparent.
Amir measured this Auralic, $6.5k

Keith

MKR

Major Contributor
If you are after pure performance and transparency, and don’t care about audiophoolery, there is only one choice IMHO … WiiM Pro if you only need dig transport, WiiM Pro + if you want all in one (integrated DAC)

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Without the measurements of the Auralic Mini we can’t say whether it’s superior the hugely expensive Auralic Amir measured wasn’t that fantastic.
Keith

Reactions: MKR
OP
D

Dagoxx

It’s included in every review with the position of the reviewed item, for example,

Keith
Hello
I had to travel, therefore I couldn't answer.
Please excuse me but I haven't seen a blue section in your link
Or is it a graph you are mentioning that is in the review? Don't you have an overview of this blue section of the DAC's tested?
Thank you
Dagoxx

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Yes it’s this list, placing the dacs nominally in sinad order,
IMG_3267.png

Top Bottom