• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What sub to add to Genelec 8330 + 7350 for more spl?

sajgre

I have a computer setup with 8330 and 7350, there are no nulls in sub region in mlp, some times I just wish for a bit more spl and only the sub seems to be the limit. What is best to add, another 7350 or 7360? I don't need much more spl, I rarely hit 7350s limit but it would be nice to have more headroom.

Hexspa

I would probably add another sub. This way you get the benefits of multisub modal balancing. Then again I'm not an expert in these matters; I just saw nobody had replied in a few months.

ozzy9832001

A second sub or move the current one to a corner so you get the gain boost from it.

HairyEars

If you feed the speakers AES/EUB signal, get a second 7350. You can then set up the subs in stereo, place them right and left to the table, and gain full range imaging. It made a big and positive difference in my Genelec setup.

OP
S

sajgre

If you feed the speakers AES/EUB signal, get a second 7350. You can then set up the subs in stereo, place them right and left to the table, and gain full range imaging. It made a big and positive difference in my Genelec setup.

I'll order 7350 then, didn't know stereo subs are beneficial in imaging as well. Thanks!

Top Bottom