• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What Speakers Would You Like Amir To Measure Next?

EAXAE

Well, any at this point. Missing times when reviews were coming one after another. Hope Amir's well and haven't lost his enthusiuasm :)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Is it a Kef tower?
Yes. There were some issues resulting in delay. Those are almost sorted out so hopefully I get to review it soon.

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd really like to see Kali Audio products tested. The value seems high and the design technology appears quite good! I'd be particularly curious how loud they can play given their not humongous power, and also how even the dispersion is.

[Hey, wasn't there another thread(s) about what to test? I'd like to see
https://www.soundandvision.com/content/osd-audio-nero-xa7180-7-channel-amplifier-review
but MOST of all, I'd like to see some tests of how much power output actually droops as as all channels are driven.]

Last edited:

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Obviously ;)
FB_IMG_1694279161798 (1).jpg

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Please buy them and deliver them to Amir!
Speaker is more or less available to test. Problem is logistics. I have been thinking of building a slide crane for such heavy speakers. But even packing and unpacking them is a huge deal.

Dandan__

Q. Concept 500 and 50. Would love to see if their extra proclaimed investment in cabinet resonance actually count for something in the real world.

holdingpants01

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Genelec 8040B. Would love to see how it compares to the Neumann KH150.
I can only show you the in room measurements (non corrected) of both, placed in the same spot. Interestingly low end extension is basically the same, so I guess 8340 would extend lower than the KH150, while being cheaper. The biggest difference is between 200-400Hz, there are some peaks in the Neumann, wider dispersion maybe?

GEN NEU.png

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Q. Concept 500 and 50. Would love to see if their extra proclaimed investment in cabinet resonance actually count for something in the real world.
Didn't realize they made such expensive speakers. Definitely outside of what I can just buy.

DSJR

Major Contributor
How terribly sad that most of us, let alone dealers over here who *really* need to be educated, will never have the chance to hear let alone understand what's available once you get away from boutique under-achieving brands (I'm thinking Naim-Kudos active systems costing rather more than these...). Weekend rant, apologies folks.

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
PSB Alpha IQ.

They look like a very interesting little speaker, lots of colour ways etc.

Bob from Florida

Major Contributor
Not sure a pair is even needed ...;)

Each section is 155 pounds - need some strong help to assemble and setup. A buddy of mine used to have the PBN Montana WAS - 525 pounds each. It was very interesting putting those on a pallet for the freight company to pick up when they went to the next owner.

Top Bottom