• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Maes Hughes

Meze Empyrean
ZMF (any of them)
+1 Stax (any of them)
+1 Hifiman Sundara
+1 Focal Utopia
+1 Senn HD 560S

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
I posted these in another thread. I'd really like to see the Sony MDR-G61 measured:

1610738827965.png

I used to use them a lot.

Svperstar

Hifiman Arya

Robin L

Master Contributor
The AKG K371's have become my daily driver.

Just sayin';)

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Would like to see some more Audeze models measured, too bad I live about 3000 miles away from @amirm, shipping the LCD-3f in it's case will be costly, and I wouldn't feel safe sending them without the case.

posvibes

On my current record I am not doing too well in regards to owning what I thought was pretty passable gear.

One reads often that a particular pair of headphones are used throughout the recording industry, The Sony MD-7506 and the Audio-Technica MX50.

One other that has been around for a while and apparently widely used is the Sennheiser HD280 Pro (version 1). I haven't heard the ATMX50's but I do own the MX40's. I can't think of three such different headphones being contemporaneously, simultaneously and equally preferred in the recording industry.

The Sennheiser is the cheaper of the three here in Oz and can be had for AUD$129 which sometimes in $US is equal to mere beads and feathers.

So I put my hand up for the 280 even if it means being once again proven that I have a pair of tin ears by @amirm.

Atratusnex

Would like to see the other two of the three hifi classics (hd 600/50, akg 701/2, beyerdynamic dt 880 600 ohm)

thomz6

bro how many stuffs you have in waiting for test ahaha , i imagine u have a cargo waiting in your house ahahah

Feelas

On my current record I am not doing too well in regards to owning what I thought was pretty passable gear.

One reads often that a particular pair of headphones are used throughout the recording industry, The Sony MD-7506 and the Audio-Technica MX50.

One other that has been around for a while and apparently widely used is the Sennheiser HD280 Pro (version 1). I haven't heard the ATMX50's but I do own the MX40's. I can't think of three such different headphones being contemporaneously, simultaneously and equally preferred in the recording industry.
It might not be obvious, yet pro-audio doesn't necessarily have the same needs as hi-fi market.
Philips SHP9500
2 reasons:
1. I have them
2. Ranked as 'Best Budget Audiophile Headphones' by rtings (as of today)
It's funny how (I believe it went exactly this way) Rtings uses Harman/Diffused Field mutant as their reference curve for no specific reason, apart from "this sounds more reliable to us", and don't actually point that out everywhere, when it should be ready to reference, since they mostly provide compensated graphs. Causes a lot of confusion, since their curve is - at least - unreliable when it comes to comparison with anyone else.

Robin L

Master Contributor
I'm eager to see Amir's test of the AKG K371.

So far, I'm lukewarm to my pair.
Not the very best for classical music, but I love it with 1960's styled pop production. These headphones have a love affair with plate echo. I've been listening to 1960's country and R & B compilations on my DAP, and I like the eq of the 'phones just as it is. While the Drop 6XX/Topping E/L30 combo [I like to live dangerously] eq-ed has more refinement and detail, the K371's sound great plugged into my computer's built in headphone jack or my low power DAP. Also, they're closed back, which is useful under current circumstances, seeing as I'm sharing a small space with someone else making their own kind of noise.

Top Bottom