• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphone(s) do you own ?

RHO

Major Contributor
That sounds like you are describing them without EQ to the Harman Curve? It's obvious there are gonna be massive differences between the headphones otherwise, and I certainly wouldn't recommend the Aeon RT to be purchased without EQ.
Yep, without EQ. But with EQing them all the situation stays the same.
Could be I usually listen at quite low levels. Because today I'm testing them at quite a bit louder levels then I normally do and these Aeons come a live quite a bit. :)
Don't know if I'm going to make it a habit. Could be that these isolate well and the sound from the headphones just seems louder then I usually listen.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yep, without EQ. But with EQing them all the situation stays the same.
Could be I usually listen at quite low levels. Because today I'm testing them at quite a bit louder levels then I normally do and these Aeons come a live quite a bit. :)
Don't know if I'm going to make it a habit. Could be that these isolate well and the sound from the headphones just seems louder then I usually listen.
Yeah, there can still definitely be differences between headphones when EQ'd to the same curve from measurements.

aznablerey

Currently own Shure SRH-1540 and 1840, Koss kph30i (two pairs), Thieaudio Legacy 3 (mystique, which they don’t make anymore), Moondrop Aria and Dunu DK-2001.

The Shures stay on my head almost all the time. Use the 1540 for music +chill, the 1840 for gaming and critical listening. The IEMs get used only when out and about. I don’t use the Koss much but dang if they aren’t a good value. One set has orange Yaxi pads.

Bow_Wazoo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audeze LCDi3.
With Crinacles setting the TOTL HP Killer.

PSX_20210617_181916.jpg

brandall10

KSE1200 tuned to Harman 2019 v2 (either on Roon w/ laptop or Qudelix-5K on iOS). Been into headphones since finding head-fi back in 2003, many meets, canjams, probably $50k in equipment owned/sold over the years... this IMO is endgame, have no desire to look further except for something a bit more portable.

Last edited:

half_dog

@solderdude sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread, I didn't want to created a new one... So, I would like to ask if you have any experience with HD 280 PRO. I bought one a month ago I'm amazed by this headphone. They reminded me the K361, but less shout and seems "cleaner", I can't confirm but it seems to have less distortion.

OP
solderdude

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Owned one for a while. I liked the 'separated' bass and 'forward' sound. It was before I measured headphones.

HD280.png

The dis-attached bass (but on the proper level) is evident in the Rtings plot (less 100-200Hz)
Mids sounded good but remember the treble was the reason I stopped using it (plus clamping force)

Last edited:

half_dog

Owned one for a while. I liked the 'separated' bass and 'forward' sound. It was before I measured it.

View attachment 139310
The disattached bass (but on the proper level) is evident in the Rtings plot (less 100-200Hz)
Mids sounded good but remember the treble was the reason I stopped using it (plus clamping force)
I forgot to mention I have a small head (it is not a parameter haha) and I have the revision model, its clamping force is okay for me - actually I'm able to spend hours with it on my head. The disattached bass is listenable but as you said that is on the proper level, it gives the mids a cleaner presentation and reduces "box sound" effect on closed cans. About the treble, I was afraid but strangely it didn't bother me that much for most of the songs (different situation with a HE400se, that has a really piercing peak). At the same time I miss a little of extension on HD 280 PRO. Your problem with its treble was the peak either its missing extension or both?

I asked about it because it seems a little underrated headphone to me. It is not very expensive, durable, with a reasonable good sound.

jams3223

Owned one for a while. I liked the 'separated' bass and 'forward' sound. It was before I measured headphones.

View attachment 139310
The dis-attached bass (but on the proper level) is evident in the Rtings plot (less 100-200Hz)
Can you do a measurement of the new one a lot of the ones online are from the old one

OP
solderdude

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Only if someone sends one to me to measure (within E.U.).
Not going to buy one again I already owned and did not keep.

OP
solderdude

solderdude

Grand Contributor
yes, they were old ones for sure. No idea how newer ones sound/measure.
When someone sends them in I will know.
Already have 3 good closed backs.

vert

Forum Donor
I forgot to mention I have a small head (it is not a parameter haha) and I have the revision model, its clamping force is okay for me - actually I'm able to spend hours with it on my head. The disattached bass is listenable but as you said that is on the proper level, it gives the mids a cleaner presentation and reduces "box sound" effect on closed cans. About the treble, I was afraid but strangely it didn't bother me that much for most of the songs (different situation with a HE400se, that has a really piercing peak). At the same time I miss a little of extension on HD 280 PRO. Your problem with its treble was the peak either its missing extension or both?

I asked about it because it seems a little underrated headphone to me. It is not very expensive, durable, with a reasonable good sound.
The HD 280 PRO work great for me. I use them for late TV watching and, EQd, music listening.

jams3223

The HD 280 PRO work great for me. I use them for late TV watching and, EQd, music listening.
the new ones are very flat also with a lot of sub compared to the old one with low sub and low scooped mids.

jams3223

the new ones are very flat also with a lot of sub compared to the old one with low sub and low scooped mids.

half_dog

Only if someone sends one to me to measure (within E.U.).
Not going to buy one again I already owned and did not keep.
I would send mine but I live in Brazil. The shipping cost is near the price of the headphone :facepalm:
Can you do a measurement of the new one a lot of the ones online are from the old one
I did a few measurements but I don't like to post it because I don't know if I follow good protocols to bring consistent results.
**No compensating curves; headphones were measured with a mic (generic WM61-A) on a flat plate**

Attachments

• HD280_K361.png
    HD280_K361.png
    131.3 KB · Views: 101

jams3223

jams3223

I would send mine but I live in Brazil. The shipping cost is near the price of the headphone :facepalm:

I did a few measurements but I don't like to post it because I don't know if I follow good protocols to bring consistent results.
**No compensating curves; headphones were measured with a mic (generic WM61-A) on a flat plate**
that looks good thanks my brother so you compared to the k361 harman curve also can you make a eq setting for it it's crazy how flat it is.

Top Bottom