• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What do you think of this video.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The expertise in designing electronics has nothing to do with expertise in proper audio evaluations. If he wants to learn to design electronics, then the "experts" he lists could be useful to him. If he wants to know how something truly sounds, then those people are lay people just the same as Darko.

Psychoacoustics is a field onto itself and has nothing to do with electronic design. Just like being a chef is different than being a farmer or rancher.

ta240

Major Contributor
I'm the world's foremost expert on my opinion.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Don't listen to Darko. Just don't. There are so many things wrong in this video. Of course each can be painstakingly answered. You run into the bullshit asymmetry problem.

Alberto Brandolini — 'The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it.'

With Darko, your default position can simply be he is a spreader of bullshit.

Just to pick one of his dumber proclamations. That we were told in the 80's that CD's were indestructible. It took time to learn they can be scratched or rot. Well there is something rotten here alright. CD's were more robust than LP. Those LPs were easily scratched. And CD's could be scratched and recover the data quite often with no audible defect. No one said they were indestructable, and there was no period of time needed for this to come to light. The man is a blooming fountain of idiotic proclamations.
Definitely ' super ' bullshit..,

However there was a deal of stuff in the media I remember seeing over the years concerning the robustness of CD's , some of it did venture into the ' indestructible ' territory.

I'll try and find some of these from the early days.

Top Bottom