• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

VituixCad or BoxSim

Shonver

When I have measured the woofer with ECM8000 and trueRta the final result is horrible, for this reason I was decide to create a new software and I have used a photometer SL-5868P.

It is a very simple matter to get a good measurement system up and running. This is your primary failure, as has been pointed out to you consistently here. I recommend you use REW, which is free and exceptionally good. You will be able to do all your required measurements with it. Then develop your crossover with VituixCAD (which is free and exceptionally good if used properly). I also want to repeat the other advice given to you: don't waste your money on expensive components right now. Get the design process right first. Use good-enough parts. Later, when you have some funds, you can change to boutique-grade parts (won't make a significant difference if the original parts are "good enough", though).

To achieve a good crossover you will need the following measurements:
1. In situ impedance plots for each driver
2. Distortion profile of each driver
3. Radiation pattern of each driver (spinorama: ideally 180º frontal, but at least ±30º). This capability is built into REW.

Primarily you will want to select you crossover points based on where your drivers (woofer and mid) start beaming, but this may be constrained by rising low-end distortion.

VituixCAD has a recommended design process that you may follow.

OP
M

marcop999

Thank you !! I have already complete the crossover and the result it is very satisfying.

Much better then befere for all points of views.

Top Bottom