• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Upcoming Tom Danley Hifi speakers

darrellh44

The big difference is the Synergy horn of the Danley which combines the output of a 5" BMS coax with dual-firing 8" BMS woofers integrated into the horn in a way that suppresses harmonic distortions. You would also need to compare magnitude and phase response curves to the other design to get an idea to the degree of engineering that went into either design.

Last edited:

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
The big difference is the Synergy horn of the Danley which combines the output of a 5" BMS coax with dual-firing 8" BMS woofers integrated into the horn in a way that suppresses harmonic distortions. You would also need to compare magnitude and phase response curves to the other design to get an idea to the degree of engineering that went into either design.
2023_8381A_PR1 (3).jpeg

Which would say is a better design
HRE1 or Genelec 8381?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

egellings

Major Contributor
That's one I would love to hear. A 22.5" wide, ~55" tall, ~28" deep set of towers isn't something I'm personally ever likely to purchase regardless of price or quality, but I'd still love to hear 'em.

I do think built-in amps is unfortunate, though. Perhaps they pop out and can be remote amps, as Neumann does with their big speakers. If so, that's the best of both worlds.
I am not sure, but is it possible that the speakers have amps that have responses which are tailored to the speaker, and external amps would not have that?

gnarly

Major Contributor
That's one I would love to hear. A 22.5" wide, ~55" tall, ~28" deep set of towers isn't something I'm personally ever likely to purchase regardless of price or quality, ..........(snip)
Me either, No way I could go for such small towers...;)

Here's mine....46" wide, 75" tall, and 29" deep :D

s11 cart black.jpg

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
What are those?

Zaireeka

DIY. 6-way ...
2x18" in bottom black sub/cart;
2x18", 2x12", 4x4", & coaxial 1.4" compression driver in top white unity horn.
Have you documented the build somewhere, on DIYAudio or here?

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What's the point of the massage chair next to it? Just sit in front of the speaker!
Oh, I know this one: the massage part of the chair is actually broken, so now the speaker is used to shake the body ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom