• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

VINCI Headphone Review

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I suspect if you wear this in public, it would be stolen in short order. I photo of the ear may help, though.
Stolen?? I might rip it off the head & stamp on it, but steal it, really!?

xaon60

I guess if you get creative with mirrors and such the video screens on the side of your head might serve some useful purposes. But the design concept is eluding me. :facepalm:
This concept escapes me too...
The manufacturers have tested...? :rolleyes:

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A solution in search of a problem that apparently just created more problems. I'm surprised it did so well on Kickstarter. Having done a couple KS campaigns myself, I'd guess they spent about 60% of that $900K on ads. Probably the creators lost their shirts on this. I'd say "too bad" except the concept was so poorly thought out, it's hard to be very sympathetic.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Now if it could do a CAT scan, it would be worth it. BTW, the tin robot is over on ETSY.

Aperiodic

Forum Donor
I guess if you get creative with mirrors and such the video screens on the side of your head might serve some useful purposes. But the design concept is eluding me. :facepalm:
Me too. Seems well into "Solution-in-search-of-a-problem" territory. Unless you want people walking by on the street to know what you're listening to for some reason, I suggest buying something where the primary design focus was on comfort, sound, and durability, which is not what it looks like happened here. Is there a Pointless Panther?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Me too. Seems well into "Solution-in-search-of-a-problem" territory. Unless you want people walking by on the street to know what you're listening to for some reason, I suggest buying something where the primary design focus was on comfort, sound, and durability, which is not what it looks like happened here. Is there a Pointless Panther?
You can play with the screens or listen to music but not both. Why? Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. By focusing on both concepts it appears that they didn’t get either right. :rolleyes:

ocinn

I don’t really understand what this product is or its purpose. You can’t see the screen while you are listening to the headphones, and if you take it off to use the screen, you obviously cannot be listening to the headphones.
Grab one of these and then you glue a mirror at a 45deg angle to the screen = profit. This is clearly what the company was intending. I assume they will announce their mirror/optics kit soon so you can, like, adjust the volume without taking them off.

tlegm6-3.jpg

OP
Cuckoo Studio

Cuckoo Studio

Reviewer
Grab one of these and then you glue a mirror at a 45deg angle to the screen = profit. This is clearly what the company was intending. I assume they will announce their mirror/optics kit soon so you can, like, adjust the volume without taking them off.

tlegm6-3.jpg
car man.

srkbear

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I bet these things would have been a big hit among the cell phone RF exposure cancer hazard moonbats.

Top Bottom