• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping PA5 II Stereo Amplifier Review

Rate this stereo amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 14 4.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 18 5.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 95 29.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 194 60.4%

• Total voters

Sokel

Master Contributor
Sorry for the noob question, but why you should use an external amp to drive active speakers?
You can also ask Genelec the same thing about their 8381A.

TheLastGerman

Sorry for the noob question, but why you should use an external amp to drive active speakers?
Yes, that is a bit misleading. As you know, loudspeakers with integrated amplifiers are called active loudspeakers. This also applies to those that, as in my case, do not have a passive crossover and thus the tweeters and midwoofers are each operated with their own amplifiers and upstream active crossovers.

nck045

PSA: If your Topping PA5 II sounds broken or weird, be sure to check whether its polarity is inverted as this can be a defect from the factory.

QA8PH76P40Fo5jy_1697044461.jpg

more info here https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-with-new-amplifier-topping-pa5-ii-plus.48591

Last edited:

Music1969

Major Contributor
Yikes...

So far I read 2 customers having issues on this forum with PA5 II

Music1969

Major Contributor
Sorry, I guessed those issues details are in your memory, and you mean some technical conclusion.
no sorry i only remember 2 complaints , not details

you will have to read the 29 pages like i did :-(

maybe my memory is wrong and you will find more complaints?

Music1969

Major Contributor
Ferrari performances, Yugo reliability.
For the original yes - cannot say yet for Mk2.

Btw - maybe you don't know but I know from personal work, high end car brands that do sometimes come with 0 mile faults...

If you think there has never been a Ferrari with a 0 mile fault... you would be incorrect.

AltoVariago

For the original yes - cannot say yet for Mk2.

Btw - maybe you don't know but I know from personal work, high end car brands that do sometimes come with 0 mile faults...

If you think there has never been a Ferrari with a 0 mile fault... you would be
Sorry but I do not understand what “0 miles faults” means, English is not my first language.

mike70

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Faults happens ... the question is the cause (bad engineering as the worst cause), ratio and after sale support. I think Ferrari is a proven brand in many decades with the conditions I mentioned :)

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I own a Ferrari Portofino M. Never owned a Yugo but when I was living in the us (‘80s-90s) this was a synonym of poor reliability.
To tell the truth a Ferrari back then wasn't really reliable either and when I see some quality issues they still have not the synonym for reliability which might be rather an older Toyota or Lexus. Nevertheless the Portofino is a beauty and the sound of any Ferrari lovely.

Top Bottom