• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TOPPING Audio Interfaces Coming soon!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yep, right. The whole lot recalled and replaced in January the following year.

They've got no business releasing audio interfaces- they can't even make one two channel amplifier that lasts its warranty period.
It's fascinating. LoL. :facepalm:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh if they use one of their good DACs, have an ADC that can match those specs, and a microphone preamp that matches the Earthworks ZDT with 4 channels all for $400 I think it will be a hit.

I only own one Topping device and it simply works. One of the D10 Balanced DACs.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
They just need to get any major firmware kinks worked out, which seems feasible enough.

Topping is premiering their new form factor for these interfaces, which doesn't bode well for firmware updates...

10i10 with 10 in 10 out throughput.
10i10.JPG

And a more basic 3i3 especially for girl/guitar and keyboard bedroom duos.
3i3.JPG

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Topping is premiering their new form factor for these interfaces, which doesn't bode well for firmware updates...

10i10 with 10 in 10 out throughput.
View attachment 293405

And a more basic 3i3 especially for girl/guitar and keyboard bedroom duos.
View attachment 293406
Will you be able to stack them for 20i20 or 6i6 results? (Focusrite might have a problem with 6i6 nomenclature.)

Sokel

Master Contributor
Claiming that they will the lowest noise ADC means it will beat Cosmos and such?
I'd like to see that...

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
Hi
I had also bought a couple of Topping small appliances to try out, e.g. one E30II and one L30II I kept, but strangely I can't muster any enthusiasm or even love for it. There is something cheap about it.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Will you be able to stack them for 20i20 or 6i6 results?

As long as all the holes line up, it should be fine. Otherwise you'll need the optional Topping Mortar to hold the whole setup together.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
I'm also interested in the linux side as a lot of interfaces work only with base UAC2 and hardware controls, or rely on community reverse engineering to get the more involved bits working. MOTU's network based control for the AVB series was promising, especially with the published API.

Kane1972

Some latest news: 2i2 is in production, 4i4 is still in the PCB stage, 8i8 has not started yet. The most exciting thing is that we will soon have the world's lowest noise mic preamp.
Tell that to DACS or Millenia etc.

threni

Major Contributor
since everyone is complaining about the software of an unreleased product, I'll add an optimistic view:
it will be very easy to compete against existing affordable options because they are frankly not very good.
Plus it's very easy to fix software problems.

Kane1972

I hope they have at least 2 (hopefully 4) line inputs that bypass the mic preamps. Lots of headroom. I've helped promote a few small companies in the Pro Audio world (Safe Sound Audio, Barbaric Amplification and RSE) and I'd love to test the Topping and help promote them to the pro audio people I know. Wonder if they want to send me one?

Sokel

Master Contributor
Claiming that they will the lowest noise ADC means it will beat Cosmos and such?
I'd like to see that...
We got the answer to that ^ :

Mario Sanchez

Got a photo of the 2x2 interface's box here from one of their user groupchats:

1000037250.jpg

Slated retail price in China is somewhere under 1000RMB, plus shipping, taxes and whatnot, I expect US prices to be around 200USD.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Kinda of looks like performance roughly in line with an RME Babyface, which for $200 would be a big seller I think. Plus a better more powerful headphone amp. If it runs off USB (no wall wart) I'll probably try one.

unpluggged

Kinda of looks like performance roughly in line with an RME Babyface
Back when I was young, there was this great interface, the E-MU 0404 USB. It had stellar performance for its time (apart from headphone section), only that the drivers made it unusable. In the end, the vendor just abandoned any development, and the users were left on their own.

Sokel

Master Contributor
No digital I/O except the USB?

Edit:No phantom power either?
Can't see the back connections well (the ones that goes to active speakers),I hope they are balanced.

Last edited:

Kane1972

I am hoping the bigger brothers will have at least 2 balanced line inputs (4 would be better) that bypass the preamps and a set of balanced line out puts (plus the ones for the monitors), so rack gear can be used during mixing in a "hybrid setup".

I personally don't need mic preamps as I'll always use my rack ones, so maybe they will do an interface with more analogue and digital I/O sometime, without the mic preamps? Not many boxes like that about.

Top Bottom