• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Science of Smoked Brisket

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Yum! Need to make some smoked Brisket "low and slow!" :) I must say, it took me a few tries to get it right. I was pulling it too early and learned to let it go up to higher temp to become tender.

Very well made video on the topic:

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
Great video!

I’ve done probably 8 or 9 briskets now. I finally think I’ve fogured out how to get consistently good results. I only smoke with oak at 250 for about 8 hours. Then I wrap the meat and keep it on at 250 until it’s done; whenever that is. The only way to know when it’s done is by feel and poking.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So it looks like Audio Phanatics/purist like BBQ. ;) MEat my Selfmade ash Trays for efficient and constant BBq'ing.
cBjmh9e.jpg

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So it looks like Audio Phanatics/purist like BBQ. ;) MEat my Selfmade ash Trays for efficient and constant BBq'ing.
cBjmh9e.jpg
See it as different Opamps for different outcomes

Ronm1

Lo and slow mean just that.
Patience is definitely a virtue when one Q's.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Tried it a couple times, didn't taste too good to me.
ways-to-smoke-weed_gas-mask-bong.jpg

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I start my lo and slow cooks late at night and it is ready late morning the next day (or a bit after lunch). So patience is not an issue at all. :)
But to keep your temp steady is not always easy. You are making use of a snake coal setup?.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
But to keep your temp steady is not always easy. You are making use of a snake coal setup?.
No, I have an automated air system for my smoker and control it remotely via a program I wrote ("stokerlog"):
stoker2.png

The hardware I use is by Rock's BBQ: https://www.rocksbarbque.com/

The ceramic smoker I use also helps a lot by being super efficient and stable due to huge mass (300+ pounds).

Fitzcaraldo215

Major Contributor
There is no end to the many ways in which science and engineering can make our lives better with important improvements.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No, I have an automated air system for my smoker and control it remotely via a program I wrote ("stokerlog"):
View attachment 12912

The ceramic smoker I use also helps a lot by being super efficient and stable due to huge mass (300+ pounds).
View attachment 12912

I could have new it it is Amirm with a technical solution.;) Yes those ceramic BBQ/Smokers are much more efficient keeping the heat inn.

I'm using the stock old Weber Kettle but with additional sometimes self made devices. This was last week on the program piece of Lam
QsyTjN9.jpg

After 0ne houre on 130 celcius and an inside temp of 60 celsius. For the stripes an aftersear.
cMKNnXk.jpg

Ha ha a bit off topic but i did placed some weeks ago my IMF compact II monitors outside in the garden the bass was amazing probably due to no reflections.

Last edited:

Ronm1

Still have our 600lb Gator Pit backyard model. Smallest they make I've posted pics before. It's an offset and it's mass takes a few logsto heat up but also not bad at maintaining. As I've always said nothing like real wood for flavor when one Q's.

Ronm1

It's at son #2's now as he smokes more often then me. He is currently experimenting starting cuts in a souvide and finishing sear with lump and lite smoke.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I'm using the stock old Weber Kettle
I use my Charcoal weber all the time. It is fantastic for most of the regular outdoor cooking we do. The ceramic smoker only gets uses for very long cooks.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I use my Charcoal weber all the time. It is fantastic for most of the regular outdoor cooking we do. The ceramic smoker only gets uses for very long cooks.
Before i gone buy a ceramic BBQ i have to learn first to be patient i'm 59 so i don't know if that will happen. But Amirm don't tel me that your other hobby is solar panels, converters, Opimizers and active cooling of the converters to avoid overheating/derating issues. Meet my solar panels https://www.omnikportal.com/Terminal/TerminalMain.aspx?pid=21330

Last edited:
Top Bottom