• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

THE HI-FI SHOW IN AUSTRIA

ObjectiveSubjectivist

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Very unusual designs there. This one takes the cake:

index.php

What on earth is it?
Central vacuum cleaner?

Ze Frog

Very unusual designs there. This one takes the cake:

index.php

What on earth is it?
Whatever it is, I'm amazed those cables aren't under armed guard. Probably enough there to be set for life, crooks robbing banks and jewellers are really missing a trick.

Ze Frog

Harbeth
Not many bookshelf speakers were listenable, but these were phenomenal, playing wider and better than most other floorstanding speakers.View attachment 327628
I can imagine. It's funny how the more down to earth stuff is actually better usually. I'm amazed there's such a market for the super crazy stuff, even if I was a millionaire, I don't really think I'd go beyond £5000 for a pair of speakers, even that feels extremely opulent to me. Maybe I'm just common.

Ze Frog

Incredible. All that money going into that CD player and yet they choose a kitchen cabinet hinge
View attachment 327636
110BLKadjeuro1_1800x1800.png
Well spotted, lol, it really is.
So somebody at that company's wife has come home to find the Nespresso machine, possibly a blender as well is missing, and to top it all off she's opened a cupboard and the doors flapping around on one hinge.

@KU713 , Thanks for sharing your pictures from the hi-fi show. In years past, I often visited CES in Las Vegas. Fun way to see a wide variety of audio equipment, meet interesting people and effortlessly skip past the gadgets that didn't appeal to me. I always appreciated the hard work done by the innovators, the builders and the exhibitors.

Top Bottom