• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 282 59.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 174 36.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

Randolf

Just for amusement, look at cheapaudioman Tekton Lore super positive subjective review one year ago

At 5:08 you see him carrying the speaker around, guess what with no feet on:

tekton.JPG

So maybe he installed them later? But at 7:22 he says

"...also I ordered grills but I don't have the grills and I didn't get spikes or things I gotta talk to Eric I'm sure he'll send them out but order grills no grills..."

xray

Mind blown... I take back my previous comments. WOW
That is the kind of response people expect from a reasonable person upon being presented with facts countering their position. Let's see if the trend continues but I'm not holding my breath.

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor

Katzz

An owner was kind enough to share the manual for this speaker with me. This is what it says:

View attachment 363576

As I have highlighted, it clearly states the tweeter is the listening axis, not the woofer as you say. That is how I measured and listened to the speaker. So even if you are being truthful with your assertion than woofer is the reference axis, the manual instructs everyone to use the tweeter.

You caused me to go and do further processing of the data to create the woofer reference for no good reason. This is why I don't jump when manufacturers claim this and that until they show me evidence that backs their position. At no point did you link to any documentation backing your position that woofer was the reference axis. The woofer rarely is.
I was searching for the manual of the troubadour to see it he write the same information until I realize that tekton dont offer any way to download the manual of any of his speakers models

Ninjastar

A thinly veiled attempt to discredit Amir and Erin as "amateur" compared to Dr. Choueri (a professional).

What he is still failing to understand is that most of the people criticizing him aren't really mad about the M-Lore and Troubadour not measuring linear, but with the fact that he threatened litigation over a simple disagreement, which Erin and Amir have already proven to be correct using real data.

For the love of...just please stop, Eric.

Enjoy Axpona and then either issue an apology video for threatening reviewers or just do nothing. You are only making this worse.

I've been on a Radiohead kick this morning and the chorus to "Just" off The Bends seems appropriate here:

You do it to yourself, you do
And that's why it really hurts
Is that you do it to yourself, just you
You and no one else
You do it to yourself

"The song was written about a narcissistic friend of Thom Yorke’s that was pissing him off..."

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I was hoping someone would just contact the doctor and ask if the quote was true.
I once tried to contact them to ask how they are producing their 3d graphs. Sadly no one responded.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Enjoy Axpona and then either issue an apology video for threatening reviewers or just do nothing.
I will need formal closure in writing to put this behind me. I can't have this cloud over my head. Fully agree with rest of your post.

Ninjastar

I will need formal closure in writing to put this behind me. I can't have this cloud over my head. Fully agree with rest of your post.
I apologize for my intention was not to speak for you, but to give some (somewhat) friendly advice to someone that badly needs it.

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just for amusement, look at cheapaudioman Tekton Lore super positive subjective review one year ago

At 5:08 you see him carrying the speaker around, guess what with no feet on:

View attachment 363585
So maybe he installed them later? But at 7:22 he says

"...also I ordered grills but I don't have the grills and I didn't get spikes or things I gotta talk to Eric I'm sure he'll send them out but order grills no grills..."
Lol, Cheap Audio Man sold himself out pretty early doors to be fair, can't blame him really, kids to feed and put through college etc. It's an industry problem creating the 'influencer', however I think this debacle has actually shone a light on a lot of these people in a negative light as the truth becomes ever clearer that these people are brought and paid for.

312elements

Lol, Cheap Audio Man sold himself out pretty early doors to be fair, can't blame him really, kids to feed and put through college etc. It's an industry problem creating the 'influencer', however I think this debacle has actually shone a light on a lot of these people in a negative light as the truth becomes ever clearer that these people are brought and paid for.
Bought and paid for? Do you have evidence to support this accusation?

Bryguy

Nary a negative review.
Many reviewers, when they're sent a piece of equipment they don't care for, simply return the product to the manufacturer without review. So, I don't necessarily think a lack of negative reviews from someone hints at dishonesty on their part. I do start to question the purpose of such reviewers though? When all of their reviews kinda blend together after awhile?

In the case of cheapaudioman, he definitely has incentive to sugarcoat a product's shortcomings, and having watched some of his videos I think it kinda shows

Top Bottom