• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 280 58.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 174 36.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

Bryguy

Here is a reupload of his latest video. I assumed he'd later delete those videos, but I only downloaded the second of the two for potential reupload. I don't mean to stir the pot here. I just think once you've said something, you shouldn't be able to rewrite history by redacting yourself, especially if what you've said affects other people.

PGansz

Forum Donor
We all think Tekton has shot itself in the foot.

I wonder…. because erin will not review tekton anymore, and gene from audioholics says he won’t either. How many other klippel reviewers does that leave who would be willing to do so now? That just leaves the puff reviewers (we know who they are).

I’m sure Eric would be fine with that as his products would never be measured and only reviewed by said puff reviewers.

Consumers are the ones who ultimately lose in this scenario,

If Amir gets sued every reviewer and consumer should absolutely contribute a class action and take litigation as high up the judicial system as necessary to ensure that reviewers are only NOT sued but also protected by the law.
It's not "if Amir gets sued". These snake oil audio companies publish marketing trash and false claims - they should be sued anyway.

The Mini Lore says "extremely linear" and sensitivity and frequency responses +\-3db that are untrue objectively with the best measuring device in audio. There is nothing like that in its frequency response graphs. Tons of other audio companies show specs that are total nonsense and everyone knows it.

The community should absolutely file class action because if ASR didn't start this trend with Audioholics and others like Erin now, consumers would all ultimately suffer more than they are. Thankfully this episode has proven the value of this organization and the others. I'm betting more snake oil buyers will migrate in due course.

I will now also put my money where my mouth is and donate to the site just like I did with Erin. For whatever reason I didn't take the value proposition seriously before. Now I do. My next full gear revamp this November will be heavily biased (intentional) by ASR, Audioholics, and Erin.

Last edited:

Ninjastar

I'm also wondering what discussions Eric has actually had with an attorney, since I'm also told that "slander" is not a modern legal term in the US, and that the legal issue is called defamation.

I think Eric just likes to flex that he has an attorney ready at the whim as he said in one of the now privatized videos that his best friend is a lawyer.

This is most likely why he is so quick to pull the trigger on "litigation" threats since he could probably just call in a favor without being billed for it.

That checks out. If you can't provide anything substantive then just intimidate them with scary lawyers.

And it almost worked out because you can see how stressed this made Erin over the past week, but Eric was not anticipating that the community would stand behind Erin in such a big way.

New Record Day didn't have the same swell of support so Eric thought he could just repeat what he did back then.

bunkbail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Here is a reupload of his latest video. I assumed he'd later delete those videos, but I only downloaded the second of the two for potential reupload. I don't mean to stir the pot here. I just think once you've said something, you shouldn't be able to rewrite history by redacting yourself, especially if what you've said affects other people.
I'm just hoping that this is not your main account as Eric could file a DMCA takedown and get these videos taken down seeing how it is a 1:1 direct reupload with no input from you (no fair use exception at play here).

Bryguy

I'm just hoping that this is not your main account as Eric could file a DMCA takedown and get these videos taken down seeing how it is a 1:1 direct reupload with no input from you (no fair use exception at play here).
It's not my main account, no. I'll be interested to see if he does.

If you're reading this Eric, I encourage you not to, for what I think are obvious reasons. No offense meant.

Last edited:

nygafre

I’ve learned to be very careful about approaching/taking on narcissistic bullies (easy to say after the fact).. never underestimate them. They might be in the wrong, but it is almost unfathomable what lengths people with that energy and fighting attitude will go to.

Somehow they must be pushed back, but still, the outcome easily becomes detrimental for all.

Gringoaudio1

Forum Donor
The single woofer response was epic.
Yes,we talked about presenting raw data here instead of chit-chat but not that raw :facepalm:
Truly shows the level of (in)competence. Just because you have stuffed boxes with drivers for 40 years doesn’t make you a subject matter expert. Stuff enough boxes and you will get an idea of what works. Even the blind squirrel eventually finds a nut.

Mojo Warrior

Eric Alexander should do two things:

1) Hire a PR firm and to stay off audio online forums
2) Re-introduce the speaker that was reviewed here ASAP. This speaker may be 20 years old and in need of an update. The speaker market is competitive and evolving. There is no doubt that improvements can be made to the M-Lore v2.0

elsonido

In the new record day example, if memory serves me correctly, it was a paid review, and that was not made public until after the fact. There is a huge difference w asr and Erin.

Inertiaman

Forum Donor
(btw the intro to his 1812 model introduction video on YouTube is... really something......)
The same topic (the "kidnapping" of his children) was referenced by Eric A. in a Tekton company blog post in 2015
https://tektondesign.wordpress.com/2015/01/30/717/ which was cited very early in this thread.

Based on the perpetual lying of Eric (exposed in his various emails and videos here and on Erin's site) I'm inherently skeptical of anything he says. But I do believe his claim that his ex-wife requested and received a legal restraining order against him, an assertion he proactively makes in the blog post. My intuitive guess is that Eric lost custody of his children during a divorce situation; they were not "kidnapped." This is pure speculation on my part. Given all we've seen here of Eric's behavior, its not hard for me to imagine this happening to him, or to imagine him misrepresenting that situation, casting himself as the victim (claiming the FBI and prosecutors and police etc etc all ignored the "kidnapping" in some wholesale mistreatment of him).

He proactively refers to this topic, which most could consider highly personal and not for public consumption, in his own videos and blog posts which have absolutely ZERO relationship to his children or ex-wife! I perceive it as an apparent attempt to solicit sympathy from his customer and/or prospective customer audience. Really, really incredible behavior. Customers were apparently complaining about delayed or ignored orders of grilles, and he cites a years-old divorce, custody and restraining order as the explanation?? Like the saying goes, you couldn't make this stuff up.

The statistical odds are that Eric is unlikely to change. So while my inherent empathy leads me to hope he can change, my objective realist thinks that is very unlikely to happen.

squeedle

Hey Eric, there's a typo in your slander of Amir (emphasis added):
"place where we pretend to know a lot more about audio THAT we really do."

You should correct that so your slander really hits hard.

Bryguy

The same topic (the "kidnapping" of his children) was referenced by Eric A. in a Tekton company blog post in 2015
https://tektondesign.wordpress.com/2015/01/30/717/ which was cited very early in this thread.

Based on the perpetual lying of Eric (exposed in his various emails and videos here and on Erin's site) I'm inherently skeptical of anything he says. But I do believe his claim that his ex-wife requested and received a legal restraining order against him, an assertion he proactively makes in the blog post. My intuitive guess is that Eric lost custody of his children during a divorce situation; they were not "kidnapped." This is pure speculation on my part. Given all we've seen here of Eric's behavior, its not hard for me to imagine this happening to him, or to imagine him misrepresenting that situation, casting himself as the victim (claiming the FBI and prosecutors and police etc etc all ignored the "kidnapping" in some wholesale mistreatment of him).

He proactively refers to this topic, which most could consider highly personal and not for public consumption, in his own videos and blog posts which have absolutely ZERO relationship to his children or ex-wife! I perceive it as an apparent attempt to solicit sympathy from his customer and/or prospective customer audience. Really, really incredible behavior. Customers were apparently complaining about delayed or ignored orders of grilles, and he cites a years-old divorce, custody and restraining order as the explanation?? Like the saying goes, you couldn't make this stuff up.

The statistical odds are that Eric is unlikely to change. So while my inherent empathy leads me to hope he can change, my objective realist thinks that is very unlikely to happen.
I would suggest that we leave his personal life out of this conversation, but that he seems quick to bring it up himself gives me pause. I hope he is able to sincerely adjust his behavior, and I hope that if he does, that we all can forgive and forget.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The community should absolutely file class action
A class action suit could only be brought by his customers, who would allege they were misled and thereby harmed when they bought the speakers under false pretenses. Non-customers don't have standing because they wouldn't have been harmed (materially) by anything Tekton / EA did.

Given how I've never even heard of such a thing no matter how bogus the claims around an audio product, I am doubtful it will happen. But maybe if enough of his past customers are disgusted enough by his behavior they'll find the motivation to do it.

Ninjastar

Customers were apparently complaining about delayed or ignored orders of grilles, and he cites a years-old divorce, custody and restraining order as the explanation?? Like the saying goes, you couldn't make this stuff up.

I don't like bringing up his personal issues as that is none of my business, but this further reflects a pattern of behavior where he is so averse to accepting personal responsibility or blame for anything negative or critical that comes his way.

It was posted here, but someone screenshot a comment under one of his YouTube videos where he blamed a recently fired employee for some issues the company was having and even says her first name and last initial.

What the hell, man? So unprofessional and petty.

Just say "Sorry. We are going to do better".

Is that so difficult?

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Big yikes for a professional blog.

Here's another one that wasn't good when it was posted and has aged poorly...

I'm all for leaving his personal life out of it, but yeah ... you can't swing a dead cat without hitting something objectionable about this guy.

Is that so difficult?

So, some have speculated that he's got narcissistic personality disorder based on the whole drama. I don't think it's right to speculate about someone's mental health / conditions. I don't claim to know anything about what the hell is wrong with this guy.

However, I think if someone really does have NPD then it is genuinely very difficult for them to admit fault.

It's a horrible condition because the very nature of it tends to make the patient "allergic" to treatment, i.e. talk therapy.

Last edited:

Everett T

Forum Donor
Big yikes for a professional blog.

Here's another one that wasn't good when it was posted and has aged poorly...

I'm all for leaving his personal life out of it, but yeah ... you can't swing a dead cat without hitting something objectionable about this guy.

So, some have speculated that he's got narcissistic personality disorder based on the whole drama. I don't think it's right to speculate about someone's mental health / conditions. I don't claim to know anything about what the hell is wrong with this guy.

However, I think if someone really does have NPD then it is genuinely very difficult for them to admit fault.

It's a horrible condition because the very nature of it tends to make the patient "allergic" to treatment, i.e. talk therapy.

Wow, just wow. Apparently some of those girls in China know how to put veneer on and clear it to a gloss, as there are more than a few $20k+ speakers with the same ebony finish, meanwhile his looks like shop class project work... (Except we know that these are iso factories and not some poor village building speakers, lol)

PGansz

Forum Donor
A class action suit could only be brought by his customers, who would allege they were misled and thereby harmed when they bought the speakers under false pretenses. Non-customers don't have standing because they wouldn't have been harmed (materially) by anything Tekton / EA did.

Given how I've never even heard of such a thing no matter how bogus the claims around an audio product, I am doubtful it will happen. But maybe if enough of his past customers are disgusted enough by his behavior they'll find the motivation to do it.
I'm not speaking only about Tekton owners. There are dozens of companies who post bogus data about their products, even very well known organizations.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm not speaking only about Tekton owners. There are dozens of companies who post bogus data about their products, even very well known organizations.
That's true. The situation would be the same... customers against the manufacturers that sold them falsely advertised products.

The FTC used to take an interest in making sure audio specs were accurate at some point in the past... these days I think they have bigger fish to fry. Like Amazon...

Unrelated to this, Erin's follow up video has almost 10K views and over 800 comments, I'd say >95% can be summed up as "I will never buy a Tekton speaker because Eric Alexander sucks". Looks like the court of public opinion has rendered its verdict and sentence.

Top Bottom