• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 282 59.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 174 36.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

dday84

The next time he (Eric) asks for a remeasurement you should ask him money for doing his work.
I agree. I think Amir mentioned earlier that companies who don't have their own Klippel NFS can get a speaker analyzed as a service for around $2k. That should be Eric's cost to cover next time. Maybe Amir can show him what generosity looks like and give him a 10%, $200 discount, on it :)

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Does anyone know what Tweeter the Tekton M Lore uses?
The most likely candidate was already uncovered on page two:

Please keep up ;)

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You seem to have forgotten that big bass reflex port hole in you've designed into your speaker. Since the little holes for the feet have higher flow restriction than the reflex port, the air flow velocity in the port will have to be higher than the velocity through the little holes.

Therefore, should we be expecting hypersonic shock waves coming out the reflex port?

While I agree, we are only speculating on this speaker‘s results because the designer continues to deflect rather than reveal any real data.

In any case, the time for @Eric Alexander to share real results is way overdue. If he had even a basic measurement gear (as many of us do), could have shared results months ago. Why are we still waiting?

Last edited:

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
While I agree, we are only speculating on this because the designer continues to deflect rather than reveal any real data.

In any case, time for @Eric Alexander to share real results is way overdue. If he had even a basic measurement gear (as many of us do), could have shared results months ago. Why are we still waiting?
No need to speculate. Anyone with a modicum of knowledge of compressible gas flow will know that to get to sonic velocity, the pressure differential between the inlet and outlet of the passage needs to be at least about 1.9 (dry air, ratio of inlet and outlet absolute pressures). To generate that much pressure rise inside the speaker cabinet, the volume displacement of the cone has to be at least 37% of the internal cabinet volume (assuming isentropic compression). Needless to say, that's not going to happen with this speaker.

Last edited:

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
it's back https://tektondesign.com/product/specials/mini-lore-pair/

and he mentions "the flawed review of Amir from ASR"

From the new Tekton M-Lore page:

Note: the Mini Lore was recently pulled from my lineup due to a slanderous and deeply flawed review by Amir at Audio Science Review the “place where we pretend to know a lot more about audio that we really do.”

@amirm , I know you have a thick skin and are probably not the litigious type, but this statement on the company's web site is easily grounds for a defamation suit against Tekton.

@Eric Alexander , guess what - it turns out you actually do need a life coach. This is like watching a slow-motion traffic accident - or perhaps more accurately like watching a single driver plow his car into a tree.

Last edited:

blueone

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Note: the Mini Lore was recently pulled from my lineup due to a slanderous and deeply flawed review by Amir at Audio Science Review the “place where we pretend to know a lot more about audio that we really do.”

@amirm , I know you have a thick skin and are probably not the litigious type, but this statement on the company's web site is easily grounds for a defamation suit against Tekton.

@Eric Alexander , guess what - it turns out you actually do need a life coach. This is like watching a slow-motion traffic accident.
Perhaps, but this entire fiasco seems to have, if anything, enhanced Amir's standing in the audio science community, if that's possible. Eric, on the other hand, hasn't impressed or convinced anyone.

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No need to speculate. Anyone with a modicum of knowledge of compressible gas flow will know that to get to sonic velocity, the pressure differential between the inlet and outlet of the passage needs to be at least about 1.9 (dry air, ratio of inlet and outlet absolute pressures). To generate that much pressure rise inside the speaker cabinet, the volume displacement of the cone has to be at least 37% of the internal cabinet volume (assuming isentropic compression). Needless to say, that's not going to happen with this speaker.

sorry, was too slow at the keyboard again (now fixed) and was not specifically calling out the potentially leaky cabinet situation as much as the lack of a comprehensive set of measurements from the designer.

since he has decided to poke at Amir instead of providing a constructive response, banning him seems appropriate at this point.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps, but this entire fiasco seems to have, if anything, enhanced Amir's standing in the audio science community, if that's possible. Eric, on the other hand, hasn't impressed or convinced anyone.

Well, yes; I didn't mean to imply that the slow-motion car accident was both their doing - I was referring to Eric Alexander's handling of this.

Mark_1

IMG_6392.png

cavedriver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Not Amir but yes, that's correct. I don't understand why there are still speaker designers without the Klippel NFS. Do they all have anechoic chambers linear down to 20Hz or do they drag out their speakers to measure them in a real free field environment?

100k is truly expensive honestly. Then you need to spend the time setting it up and using it. Consider companies that might only sell 200-300k in speakers per year. You can get a big chunk of the way towards the Klippel with a UMIK mic, some software, a good ear, and some good strategy. People definitely have done it. Plus there are anechoic chambers where time can be rented. The Klippel is not the be-all end-all to speaker design tools and we'd be fools to insist on its use.

Everett T

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Are we to assume asking anything and getting measurements are two different things?

blueone

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, yes; I didn't mean to imply that the slow-motion car accident was both their doing - I was referring to Eric Alexander's handling of this.
I didn't take it that way. I just don't think Amir would have much of a defamation case when his standing is, if anything, improved. BTW, I liked the first version of your post where you asked Eric "What's wrong with you?". I've been thinking the same thing. :)

Reverend Slim

The fun part is that by accusing Amir in writing of slander without any basis, he has just committed libel. This is actual defamation.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I can’t get my head around why to remove the product due to a “deeply flawed” review :D this is not rational.
If the review is flawed it cant be the base for this action ?

If it was removed due to very correct measurement has discovered that the speakers are deeply flawed . That would be rational and reasonable :)

The loudspeaker has not changed due to a third party measurement it’s still the same . Buy if you like it .

Dave Bullet

If I was the designer. I would have replied as follows.

"The measurements are accurate and as intended for a speaker at this price point. It balances dynamics, size in a compact mini floorstander, and cost (minimising crossover parts), tailored to a frequency response that my listeners have confirmed provides an enjoyable experience."

Simply embrace it for what it is.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The fun part is that by accusing Amir in writing of slander without any basis, he has just committed libel. This is actual defamation.

Exactly.

Not to mention Alexander means libel, not slander - clearly he didn't consult his attorney before he added this totally rational and well-considered new text to the M-Lore product description page.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I didn't take it that way. I just don't think Amir would have much of a defamation case when his standing is, if anything, improved. BTW, I liked the first version of your post where you asked Eric "What's wrong with you?". I've been thinking the same thing. :)

Ah, now I understand your point - yes, kind of ironic!

And yes, I have been wondering what his deal is - the gaping chasm between his demeanor and stated desire for resolution in his YT videos on the one hand, and the goofy and aggressive stuff he writes here and on his product page on the other hand, does give one pause.

Top Bottom