• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 283 59.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 175 36.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The guy is a bull shitter de jour... You'll never make him do anything because he will change the rules as he goes along and victimize himself. The best route I think is to part ways with him and carry on with the ASR agenda. If he comes up with some test proof then fine deal with it but having him live rent free in our minds is not solving anything.
Of course you're right and it's painfully obvious. I think that's actually what's so compelling about it.

To us, the right path out of this situation, where everyone ends up OK or even better off, seems really obvious.

There are more than a few posts in these threads where members have shared exactly what Eric A. could do, to get back in their good graces. He just has to do it and everything would be fine. Acknowledge that he went too far, make a real apology, make a real gesture of some kind toward Amir and Erin, etc.

But he JUST. WON'T!

It boggles the mind. I think It's like watching one of those videos where someone struggles to park their car for 10 minutes. Half of you wants them to finally succeed, the other half is full of contempt and wants them to finally just crash the car. And then you sit there wasting your time, watching someone park their car, for some reason.

Exaybachay

I don't understand how negative the community here is. Why is this speaker rated "poor" and "not terrible" by the vast majority? It's kind-of a cheap speaker, the measurements really aren't that terrible. We have seen much worse from "High-End" speakers in the past only a decade ago. Amir writes the sound is "lousy" without EQ. Then he adds a few 3dB filters with small bandwidth and the sound miriculously went to "Ok / good". I mean, seriously? I have played enough with parametric EQs in the past to know that this would not happen. I even doubt that those filters really make a difference with music. It just all seems really biased to me and I kind-of understand Tektron or the guy that's behind it. I don't know Tektron speakers and I would not get anything like that ever, but I also feel that the community here mostly just blindly follows Amir's opinion.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
But he JUST. WON'T!
He might actually be a narcissist personality or a control freak. I've known these types and they will absolutely drive a person batshit crazy trying to figure it out and change things. My stepfather was like this... I parted ways because I had to and never looked back because it was me or him and I chose me. ASR needs to chose to not let him live rent free in our minds.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
You can just use something like ssyoutube to download them as an MP4 file and premium may have some DRM associated with it anyway so best to avoid that if possible. The one I mentioned just links you to the google video host server files, I use it to download music videos.

Easy youtube video downloader express. perfect ad-free files.

1712812607275.png

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't understand how negative the community here is. Why is this speaker rated "poor" and "not terrible" by the vast majority? It's kind-of a cheap speaker, the measurements really aren't that terrible. We have seen much worse from "High-End" speakers in the past only a decade ago. Amir writes the sound is "lousy" without EQ. Then he adds a few 3dB filters with small bandwidth and the sound miriculously went to "Ok / good". I mean, seriously? I have played enough with parametric EQs in the past to know that this would not happen. I even doubt that those filters really make a difference with music. It just all seems really biased to me and I kind-of understand Tektron or the guy that's behind it. I don't know Tektron speakers and I would not get anything like that ever, but I also feel that the community here mostly just blindly follows Amir's opinion.
PEQ can and does change the sound in a major way. You are incorrect. If you where told you are being litigated I'm sure you would be very stressed out and worried and involved whether you want to be or not.

Exaybachay

PEQ can and does change the sound in a major way. You are incorrect. If you where told you are being litigated I'm sure you would be very stressed out and worried and involved whether you want to be or not.
Yes, PEQ can and does change the sound, but not those tiny filters. They wouldn't make the night and day difference Amir claims they make.

Darthprater

I’ve gotta zoom out, here.

You know, at this phase, it would be really neat to see Eric humble himself. I believe there is STILL a huge opportunity for him here. Especially with all of the attention he’s getting. Often situations like this can even create respect amongst new friends.

Heres my example from YT.

“Hey guys, I screwed up. I felt threatened, and the product that I stand by and produce and maybe take a little too seriously and identify with was questioned, and I acted in a way that was not warranted. My intention is to carry on the message that speakers don’t have to measure perfectly to sound great. It seems like we live in a time where that’s all the consumer cares about when it comes to products. However, anyone could tell you that isn’t always the case. Our love for speakers is highly subjective, and if you do decide to give mine a try, I promise you’ll love them or you can return them. We have a fan base and customer base that is vast and loyal, and there’s a reason for that. Maybe you’ll find that you fit right in.”

It may be too late for that last bit. But the point is still there. Come on Eric. It’s not worth it, man. There’s nothing to defend. We don’t even know what we are doing here for sure anyways; I’m talking about life. Whats the point in separating yourself from the community that shares the same love for sound that you do, in order to hold “your” ideas so close to your chest? In order to take so much pride in “your” ideas? Do you even know where a thought or idea comes from? Why identify with it like this?

It doesn’t matter, man. And the ironic thing is that the sooner you realize this, the better your business will do and the happier you will be. You have a grand opportunity here to become more involved with the community. You still do. Some people are gonna be pissed. Oh well. But man, there’s absolutely no reason to take yourself so seriously. It does no one any good.

You have a talent for creating something that people like. That’s beautiful. Don’t destroy it by trying to hold it too close or controlling it. Let it grow and flourish.

To me, it seems like life is trying to tell you that it’s time to be more confident in your product and your talents. Share them. You can’t take any of this with you when you’re gone, anyway. And no offense, but you’re not gettin any younger buddy.

Katzz

The majority of votes for this speaker model was "not terrible" before Eric made his threat of litigation

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
but I also feel that the community here mostly just blindly follows Amir's opinion.

That's not remotely true. There's plenty of discourse and mostly respectful disagreement at times.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
They wouldn't make the night and day difference Amir claims they make.
They didn't make night and day difference. I said: "With these in place, the sound was far more full and balanced. Male vocals sounded terrible without it."

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, PEQ can and does change the sound, but not those tiny filters. They wouldn't make the night and day difference Amir claims they make.
3dB +/- is either the half power point (0.707) or double the power (1.414) if memory serves me correct. (Somebody correct me if I am not remembering this correctly.) It would be noticeable. It's not tiny tiny adjustments.

Exaybachay

3dB +/- is either the half power point (0.707) or double the power (1.414) if memory serves me correct. (Somebody correct me if I am not remembering this correctly.) It would be noticeable. It's not tiny tiny adjustments.
Fully agree: "noticeable".

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I am not native English nor American and certainly not a lawyer. But watching his video I was really wondering if the word Arbitration should not have been used in all communication instead of Litigation, if there was never any intend of a lawsuit?
Everything he does is a loaded statement or action designed to inflict fear and doubt.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Okay, then why do people change their vote? Is this supposed to be a kind of revenge?
They are free to do what they please. That is the whole point we’re fighting here. It doesn’t matter how the community votes, we’re free to do so. The why question isn’t even relevant.

Top Bottom