• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 283 59.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 175 36.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Step aside Snoop, we got a new Dogfather in the house.

EDIT: For those who aren't into 90's Hip Hop, this is a reference to Snoop Doggy Dog, the proclaimed Dogfather.
Correction: Tha Doggfather. ;)

And yeah, it's not hard to tell who is the more serious player in those two messages.

One - full of facts, low on bluster, lots of "bring it on".

The other - non-facts, poorly punctuated, overtly unwilling to receive a reply, let alone defend the claims.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
The other - non-facts, poorly punctuated, overtly unwilling to receive a reply, let alone defend the claims.

Mirrored apostrophe failure, presumably cancels unwanted resonances. :oops:

AdamG

Enjoy the Music your way…
Forum Donor
I think this thread should just be frozen/locked, it’s not going anywhere (almost every recent comment could be merged into the thread about litigation).
If we were to do that. It could be inferred that we wanted to control the conversation and shut down all avenues of redress open to Mr. Alexander. Therefore we will leave this thread open to facilitate any and all responses including providing his actual test data that he claims will show how Amirm made mistakes and errors in his original review measurements. The Thread lives on as we all await this Video and accompanying measurements that prove Mr. Alexander’s accusations.

Hopefully that explains why the thread must remain open and available for comment. Thank you for your understanding. ;)

Last edited:

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
If this video ever comes out, it is major progress. He has been telling me for weeks now that the only way he would publish the video would be as part of litigation:

"Once I [Eric] post the video there's no turning back. I think our lawyers should talk about this before I do this. Please provide me with your legal counsel contact information and I'll have my guy reach out to him.

You're not the first person to review my product and come to flawed/false conclusions that paint me in a false light. I could arrange to line you up with a past reviewer that might be able to help you with your pride and help you see the light so to speak. Would you like to consider speaker with this person?"
This is a whole new level of bizarre. There is some sort of cognitive disconnect here. Respectfully, my opinion is that Eric needs help, but not of the legal sort.

AdamG

Enjoy the Music your way…
Forum Donor
Yeah, shutting it down could lead, God forbid, to legal threats. Then, not shutting it down could also lead to legal threats...
So true Sir. You managed to put a smile on my face. Thanks for that brief moment of humorous truth,

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is a whole new level of bizarre. There is some sort of cognitive disconnect here. Respectfully, my opinion is that Eric needs help, but not of the legal sort.
I've been thinking the same thing for a very long time. Now there is a second person who feels this way, I did an internet search, all kidding aside, it is borderline plausible that he can use some help.

Mark617

I've been thinking the same thing for a very long time. Now there is a second person who feels this way, I did an internet search, all kidding aside, it is borderline plausible that he can use some help.
Maybe a second crowdsourcing would be de rigueur to help out? ;)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Gee, I'd like to see a test of some old headed-to-the-dump speaker with and without four quarter inch holes drilled into it someplace.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Gee, I'd like to see a test of some old headed-to-the-dump speaker with and without four quarter inch holes drilled into it someplace.
I'm going out on a limb by predicting the difference of the holes blocked versus not blocked will not be audible in anyway. I think the measurements will not show much at all too. But the test is the test and we will see. I'm not a betting man as I studied electronics/the odds and know better. LoL... But for this one I would bet if possible.

Reverend Slim

If this video ever comes out, it is major progress. He has been telling me for weeks now that the only way he would publish the video would be as part of litigation:
There is literally no situation where an attorney would allow him to publish a video response as part of litigation. That is perhaps the dumbest thing I've read in this story thus far.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
P e r s o n a l i t y D i s o r d e r @ p l a y. :facepalm:
There is literally no situation where an attorney would allow him to publish a video response as part of litigation. That is perhaps the dumbest thing I've read in this story thus far.
I'm going to call it now.

1) 99% chance that Eric Alexander is bluffing about legal actions to scare Erin and Amir to take down their review. At best, he consulted his attorney and his attorney told him to let it go. If he insisted, his attorney would try to put a case together but after they reviewed what Eric had been going around yapping about, his attorney most likely cringed and said, no, I cannot represent you. The reason why Eric bluffed so hard is because it worked for him in the past.

2) 55% chance Eric does not have any measurements at all of his own, I'm even tempted to say 75% chance, but I want to be conservative. 44.999999% he has basic non anechoic, non quasi anechoic measurements, probably something like in room REW measurements. .000001% chance he has anechoic measurements, where he sent his speakers out to a lab for measurements.

3) Eric Alexander is beginning to realize not only his threat didn't work with Amir, he is taken back by (a) Amir's gangster response, essentially telling him to shut up and crawl back into your hole and (b) that the public is coming to the defense (and financial support for legal representation) of Erin. He is now very concerned that Erin is about to publish a revised measurement, which 99% chance will not likely change much. He is worried that his BS will further be exposed.

4) Eric Alexander's backup plan is likely some BS, like he intentionally poke some holes in the speakers to bait reviewers who didn't get his permission to review his products.

EDIT: This lesson that Eric Alexander learn will be very humbling for him and the humiliation for his bluff being called will haunt him for the remainder of his business days.

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm going to call it now.

1) 99% chance that Eric Alexander is bluffing about legal actions to scare Erin and Amir to take down their review. At best, he consulted his attorney and his attorney told him to let it go. If he insisted, his attorney would try to put a case together but after they reviewed what Eric had been going around yapping about, his attorney most likely cringed and said, no, I cannot represent you. The reason why Eric bluffed so hard is because it worked for him in the past.

2) 55% chance Eric does not have any measurements at all of his own, I'm even tempted to say 75% chance, but I want to be conservative. 44.999999% he has basic non anechoic, non quasi anechoic measurements, probably something like in room REW measurements. .000001% chance he has anechoic measurements, where he sent his speakers out to a lab for measurements.

3) Eric Alexander is beginning to realize not only his threat didn't work with Amir, he is taken back by (a) Amir's gangster response, essentially telling him to shut up and crawl back into your hole and (b) that the public is coming to the defense (and financial support for legal representation) of Erin. He is now very concerned that Erin is about to publish a revised measurement, which 99% chance will not likely change much. He is worried that his BS will further be exposed.

4) Eric Alexander's backup plan is likely some BS, like he intentionally poke some holes in the speakers to bait reviewers who didn't get his permission to review his products.

EDIT: This lesson that Eric Alexander learn will be very humbling for him and the humiliation for his bluff being called will haunt him for the remainder of his business days.
It would be fitting if more models of this brand of speakers where to miraculously come to be test reviewed. With the increased public presence it might happen.

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

It's worth noting that reviewers don't need approval to review anything, thought I expect their are many companies who would prefer that to be the case!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It's worth noting that reviewers don't need approval to review anything, thought I expect their are many companies who would prefer that to be the case!
Sigh* Like that member of ASR the other night that was thinking the regulations where as if a paternalistic state setup and that the product is not meant for testing by the reviewer and people can get into trouble for testing it. I was shaking my head... :facepalm:

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It would be fitting if more models of this brand of speakers where to miraculously come to be test reviewed. With the increased public presence it might happen.
Now that his bluff is called, other reviewers who were once hesitant may come forth and do a review of his speakers.

mlsstl

Just thinking out loud -- I wonder Eric A. has considered the possibility that Amir, being a retired Microsoft VP, might be a shade better positioned to pay legal fees and pursue a countersuit than he is.

There's aways a risk to having a shoot from the hip personality.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
At best, he consulted his attorney and his attorney told him to let it go.
I don't know how much of the situation/my responses to him he had shared with his attorney. But you are correct:

"My lawyers advice days back was to "be kind to you and teach you a few things". Based upon our email dialog (evidence) I'm of the opinion I'm unable to teach you anything because I clearly see that you believe you know it all already and Dr. Floyd Toole is only guy you'd ever listen to."

I told him to go ahead and teach me:

"I am happy to learn what you have to say Eric. You need to share the information before I can say what my reaction would be. As a minimum, and as I have promised, I will post your response so membership can beat me up if I am wrong. :) "

But he refused:

"Here's what I am discerning... you believe you are incapable of making a mistake and you take no responsibility for actions that have harmed others. Based upon your emailed responses to me I am of the opinion there's little I can teach you outside of a court of law; I think you have some important life lessons to learn; mainly, actions have consequences."

Top Bottom