• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

System build components

Batmanbatty

Greetings,
this is just a general presentation of what kind of an audio system I would like to build and if everything will work together. Thank you in advance.

Parts:
- Speakers: Kef Ls50 Meta (already have- found good local second hand deal) also nice banana plugs and cables
- Streamer: Wiim Pro or Pro Plus (depending if I need the ADC for future Turntable input)- this will be the remote control and trigger for amp
- DSP - from the Wiim Pro a Toslink optical cable will go into the HIFIBERRY DAC+ DSP input (already have the Raspberry Pi 4) Power will be always on or if i will use AUDIOPHONICS Trigger 12V 230V Slave Power Supply Device (I have the mic and interface to do proper system tuning in the room)
- DAC - From the Hifiberry output another Toslink optical cable will go into the SMSL SU-1 DAC AK4493S XMOS Power will be always on
- From Audiophonics.fr- Amplifier: 3E AUDIO PFFB Stereo - TPA3255 BTL 2x260W 4 Ohm, will to the SE mode conversion with Opa1612 op amp (or should I just buy the hypex audiophonics nc252mp or nc122mp amplifier)
- SMPS: MP-H250S48 SMPS 250W or MORNSUN LOF550-20B48 SMPS 550W.
- Enclosures- something from Audiophonics, with also a front switch/light also maybe VU meters and appropriate control module for VU meters.
- Trigger - this is one thing I'm not sure about how it works, either the SMPS has and standby pin or do I need the Audiophonics trigger again
- and the rca output from Hifiberry can be used for a subwoofer if/when I get one.

I think this is everything. Hopefully everything makes sense and please tell me if something doesn't make sense and won't work.
Thank you again,
Batty

OldTimer

If you haven’t had any dac, amp, and streamer, why don‘t you just buy Wiim Amp? For the sound quality, just buy high-end speakers.

OP
B

Batmanbatty

Being a sound engineer/tech/studied electrical engineer I really see wanting to DSP the signal for the listening space, and initially just wanted a MiniDSP 3x4HD or Flex but, since the Hifiberry and I had the Raspberry Ri (which is actually non needed since you can program the EEPROM of the DSP chip) and getting a better DAC with all of it costs about the same and then you have the flexibility for upgrading in the future.

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
[…] I had the Raspberry Ri (which is actually non needed since you can program the EEPROM of the DSP chip) […]
Most interesting, I have been wondering about this. Once set up, the HifiBerry DAC+ DSP can boot and run without a Pi connected, but you seem to suggest that the Pi is not needed at all, not even for programming/configuring the unit.

Could you outline how this would work?

Top Bottom