• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Suitable Amplifier/Power amplifier to use with an Eversolo A6?

Dotcom1970

Hello. I'm currently using a Fosi Audio DA-2120A amplifier connected to my PC. I want to add an Eversolo A6 streamer to my system with my music files stored on a dedicated internal NVME SSD and an external USB hard drive. I'm looking for a suitable amplifier that has the following:

XLR Balanced inputs
Headphone out (Bluetooth or Wired)
Line Level Subwoofer out

Either an integrated amp or power amp (controlled via the A6.) The amp doesn't need an internal DAC.

Any recommendations?

staticV3

Master Contributor
There are Power Amp+Headphone Amp combo units with Bal input, and there are ones with Subwoofer Line output. I'm not aware of one that has both.

I also don't know of any device in that category that has Bluetooth output. Lots of them have BT input though.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I would choose an amp that can properly drive your loudspeakers.
Keith

OP
D

Dotcom1970

There are Power Amp+Headphone Amp combo units with Bal input, and there are ones with Subwoofer Line output. I'm not aware of one that has both.

I also don't know of any device in that category that has Bluetooth output. Lots of them have BT input though.

Yes, I'm struggling to find one that has both. The sub-output is more important than the balanced input though, as I can use the phono line level.

My Sennheisers have both a detachable cable and Bluetooth, hence why I asked, but again, not essential.

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You are asking quite a lot from an amplifier, in terms of features. Do you have a budget in mind, and are you set on the Eversolo? It measures very well, but you might find an alternative that gives you the features you are looking for - allowing an amplifier to just amplify.

You might also want to think about replacing those speakers, unless you really like them;

Would JBL Active speakers be interesting to you - 305/306/308 - keeps it in the family as it were

kacos

Don't know why you need an AMP with a sub out :rolleyes:
I have the A6 Master Edition XLR output connected to a pair of Elac Navis ARB-51 on Aperta200 stands,
and I just connected an Elac Varro RS500 10″ Sub to the RCA outputs. Sounds fantastic

..Either an integrated amp or power amp (controlled via the A6.)..
You do know that the A6 does not have a trigger-out, right?

Last edited:

jammer76

Don't know why you need an AMP with a sub out :rolleyes:
I have the A6 Master Edition XLR output connected to a pair of Elac Navis ARB-51 on Aperta200 stands,
and I just connected an Elac Varro RS500 10″ Sub to the RCA outputs. Sounds fantastic

You do know that the A6 does not have a trigger-out, right?

audiophonics has an USB to 12v trigger that i'm using between A6 and Hupex NCx500.... and works great!

Top Bottom