• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Subwoofer Advice Needed - ~$1500-$2000

WillBrink

I'm going to upset many people with this one. NO matter what, I would NOT get a REL. Period. They are way, way overpriced for what you get. They also engage in some snake oil marketing to sell their way over priced subs. You can do better at half the cost or less. If you just dodge the REL bullet, you will have done yourself a favor. We have had numerous sub threads and REL threads and they would be good resources to read. DSP is the way to go if you can. If not then don't worry about it. Good luck and buy the largest single sub you can or multiple smaller subs. A big sub with DSP will sound very good. Millions of people have great sounding subs using only one sub. But two is better for evening out the sub sounds across the different seating positions. Good Luck and let us know what you end up with!

I can't claim to have extensive experience with REL but I recently tried a T9x as possible replacement for my old Velodyne HGS 12 that finally died, and I was not terribly impressed for the $. I sent it back. Credit to REL in that it is a very compact sub and excellent fit and finish, but it just didn't do it for me. I knew for the $ or less I could do better.

Top Bottom