• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Using Genelecs G Three with existing sub

aeisbaer

Hey,
so I have following problem: my KEF LSX broke down after only 2 years and 11 months. I sent them to KEF already but I have a feeling that it will cost me some money I am not willing to spend on these speakers anymore. That’s why I was looking around for a replacement and I am thinking about a pair of Genelec G Three (not the 8030C because of the input). However, I already have a working KEF Kc62 at home and I wanna keep using them. Now, what would be the best (and maybe cheapest) way to integrate that sub. The only thing I currently have is a Topping DX3 Pro.

staticV3

Master Contributor
I was looking around for a replacement and I am thinking about a pair of Genelec G Three (not the 8030C because of the input)
I'd buy the 8030C regardless as the noise cancelling properties of balanced XLR inputs still apply, even if you use an RCA source.

You just need the right RCA->XLR cables:
51VSj8TGIjL._SL1000_.jpg
Link

With the single-ended inputs of the G3 OTOH, ground loop induced common-mode noise is likely.

I already have a working KEF Kc62 at home and I wanna keep using them. Now, what would be the best (and maybe cheapest) way to integrate that sub. The only thing I currently have is a Topping DX3 Pro.
DX3Pro->KC62->Genelec.

The KC62 has a built-in, user configurable crossover with a low-passed sub and high-passed Line out for your main speakers:
Screenshot_20231206-184115_Drive.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom