• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spirits, what you drinking...

Definitely the best of all.

Attachments

• brancoveanu xo.jpg
    brancoveanu xo.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 33
OP
Soniclife

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's a real problem for pubs, which don't have the easiest time these days anyway, take a month when people are often broke, and then take more customers who can afford it away. On the other hand I like a quiet pub, it was lovely today.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
IMG_20240128_170037.jpg

A single cask independently-bottled "teaspooned" Laphroaig. Quite mellow smoke, white chocolate and green grapes. At a friend's place.

IMG_20240122_194132.jpg

And this haul from a whisky auction.

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Haven't actually had a drink for 3 years now. No particular reason, I just don't really drink very much these days. However I do have a bottle of this somewhere, which I may finish in the next 15 - 20 year's.

Attachments

• shopping (2).jpeg
    shopping (2).jpeg
    9.4 KB · Views: 24

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
IMG_20240306_214501.jpg

Mangoes, honeydew, apricot, green apples. A bit of wooly notes I associate with very old malts stored in bottles for very long, but within acceptable thresholds. Delectable.

Pareto Pragmatic

A search showed no mention of the Green Spot, Irish whiskey. I like that a lot. I like it too much. Pretty classic Irish pot still in many ways, and a nice viscosity that coats the mouth and lingers. Mostly I just have one glass, but with this one I just don't want to stop. (I do stop.)

Also saw no mention of Driftless Glen. Bourbon and rye. The cask strength, if you can find it. They seem to be doing things right. I assume their brandy might be interesting, given they are in Wisconsin, and the WI people do love their brandy.

High West Doublerye is a good budget(ish) rye. High west gets lots of mentions here. As does Glendronach 12, a long standing favorite of mine.

But if you like Irish, Green spot. Not yellow, or any other color of spot. Green Spot.

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just finished off this bottle of infused bourbon, The Golden Hour, from One Eight Distilling in Washington DC. Sadly, One Eight recently closed it’s doors permanently. My buddy and I got the last few bottles before the closing.

IMG_8738.jpeg

Top Bottom