• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spirits, what you drinking...

bkdc

Forum Donor
46A43B42-0F1B-418D-8705-843C9E95068E.jpeg

2015 bottling. Just opened one of my remaining 5 bottles in storage. The youngest whisky in the bottle is 19 years old as the distillery was closed from 1996 through 2002. At lastest, the whisky was casked in 1996. The old bottlings of Revival and Allardice have a fanbase. Allardice 18 is still great but the old bottles from 2016 were 20-21 year old whiskies being sold as 18's. The new Revival is a shell of its former self as it is now filtered and actually 15.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Makes all music better.
Ardbeg-10-Year-Old.jpg
I enjoyed one of their older expressions back before the Scotch shortage ruined everything. Ardbeg is nice. Almost too refined compared to the other Islay Whisky options. I'm talking back when you used to be able to get Laphroig 15: another delicious one that will likely never be tasted again. ;)
Makes me want to go get some Scotch now!

bkdc

Forum Donor
I think year statements will return. In a decade….

Tonight a mixer. Classic margarita. 1921 Blanco.

Attachments

• 01A80027-7CCB-471A-A5C5-7C6C87ACC17F.jpeg
    01A80027-7CCB-471A-A5C5-7C6C87ACC17F.jpeg
    288.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think year statements will return. In a decade….

Tonight a mixer. Classic margarita. 1921 Blanco.
I've had one Margarita in my life @ a small little boutique Mexican restaurant. It cost me like ~$20 and it was huge and delicious. It was so delicious I slurped it down fast and nearly got cold brain. I got drunk off of it because it was such a supersized beverage. :D

bkdc

Forum Donor
They are delicious!!! Best with fresh lime juice and good ingredients - Cointreau preferred over cheapo Triple Sec, a quality tequila (my recommendation is Siete Leguas blanco which is the original distillery used by Patron before Patron got popular and needed to be mass produced at inferior quality... Siete Leguas seriously tastes like the original Patron), and a dash of agave sweetener.

OP
Soniclife

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This one and uigedail. You’ll be shopping for a kilt to listen to your Rod Stewart tracks.
Well there is a family tartan, if I wanted to let it all hang out.

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Nice. I love gin martinis but for some reason when I drank them everyone wanted to fight with me. :). I was a Beefeaters guy.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice. I love gin martinis but for some reason when I drank them everyone wanted to fight with me. :). I was a Beefeaters guy.
Hehe. I am lucky in that when I drink I mellow out, get somewhat gabby and just drink till I pass out or vomit... No fighting and I actually become careful around people. :D I'm a social mellow drunk. I'm likely to take a destitute homeless person for a donair and give out pocket change...lol.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Gin'n tonic.
12007_m_v2.jpg
Gordons is what James Bond used in the Vesper martini along with vodka and an aperitif whose name I can't recall right now. Shaken, not stirred, of course.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Gordons is what James Bond used in the Vesper martini along with vodka and an aperitif whose name I can't recall right now. Shaken, not stirred, of course.
James was a martini rebel and pointed to all the bad habits of martini tasting. Shaken not stirred. the exact opposite of a tasty durty and dry martini.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
James was a martini rebel and pointed to all the bad habits of martini tasting. Shaken not stirred. the exact opposite of a tasty durty and dry martini.
The aperitif is Lillith. By durty (dirty) do you mean an overdose of olive juice? That's not my style, but that's what you get in Texas if you ask for an olive and don't tell the bartender no dirty. I can't remember the last bar that did not shake a martini unless you asked for one on the rocks.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The aperitif is Lillith. By durty (dirty) do you mean an overdose of olive juice? That's not my style, but that's what you get in Texas if you ask for an olive and don't tell the bartender no dirty. I can't remember the last bar that did not shake a martini unless you asked for one on the rocks.
I can't remember the last pub that I doused a quad durty shaken martini @.

Top Bottom