• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spirits, what you drinking...

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sounds very nice, very tempted to buy a bottle.

Can't go wrong with it. For something with brighter, more vanilla and fresh tropical fruit flavours Arran 10 or Hazelburn 10 are also great options though they have been creeping up in price in most places.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
IMG_20220207_212816.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Back into some Crown Royal and then into the Jameson triple distilled. I was sickO for 4 days with covid and I am still testing positive for covid but life goes on. It's good to be feeling better, not sleeping too much and to have a sip of whiskey. :D I ordered in a couple hundred bucks of proper food for when sick and I am stocked up well for isolating and staying home for awhile till I test negative. I have 4 more covid rapid test kits on hand for testing myself. I need more whiskey though. :D
rapid-test-hero.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You get well!
I feel really good right now other than a little bit of sneezing from time to time. Much better than yesterday and before. But mandate says I must isolate. Thanks for the encouragement! :D I'm set for isolating. I have ASR, a new high performance gaming PC to use, 2 new shooter games and am setting everything up for gaming in a day or two. You might not see as much of me if I'm gaming though. :D I can blow 4 hours playing open world shooter games easily and not realize the time.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice! What are the CPU, GPU and RAM specs?
i5-12600K, RTX-3070Ti, 32GB DDR5-6000MHz CL36. The RAM cost me large, the vid card was expensive too. I'm using a brand new MSI 27" 165Hz Rapid IPS Quantum Dot monitor and does it ever shine on colors. Colors pop right out. This PC will be in service for a long time. I have not overclocked it yet or even set the RAM XP speed. I like to use them for a month or so before I get gung-ho and overclock. I use my monitor about 12" from my face and have prescription lenses specially for PC use up close so 27" is pretty large that way.

Raindog123

Major Contributor
Wow. This is quite something! :) For comparison here is modest mine:

Xeon X5690 (6-core @3.46, turbo to 3.73), GeForce RTX2070, 48GB DDR3, 1920x1200 nice but power-hungry Dell monitors…

I had to build three of those - for my two kids and myself - 5-6 years ago from surplus Dell workstations, and surprisingly they are still holding up pretty decently (with some gradual upgrades - GPUs, SSDs, more memory - along the way).

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow. This is quite something! :) For comparison here is modest mine:

Xeon X5690 (6-core @3.46, turbo to 3.73), GeForce RTX2070, 48GB DDR3, 1920x1200 nice but power-hungry Dell monitors…

I had to build three of those - for my two kids and myself - 5-6 years ago from surplus Dell workstations, and surprisingly they are still holding pretty decently (with some gradual upgrades - GPUs, SSDs, more memory - along the way).
Oh yeah a gaming PC these days holds up very well for everyday tasks. It's just when one wants the cutting edge games they need the newer gear. Wowow... 48GB RAM is heaps of it. A RTX-2070 is a killer card. I sold off a video card 2 years ago just after the prices dropped to a normal level and then bang... a month later the card prices went up again and nothing available. So I waited and waited for near 2 years and vid cards are still way expensive... So I finally was tired of waiting and decided the time is now. :D I'm using 1440p so I think this video card will last me for some years before I have the need to upgrade.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well. I'm almost out of Jameson so I DoorDash ordered a whiskey delivery. Got some Bushmills Black Bush Sherry Cask Reserve triple distilled Irish whiskey that has been aged 8 years in Oloroso sherry casks. It's good.
Bushmills_Blackbush.jpg

Last edited:

haseat

Not sure whether to open it ... prices have skyrocketed since I bought it. It's very tempting though :facepalm:.

Attachments

• IMG_20220208_095423_1.jpg
    IMG_20220208_095423_1.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 77

fotoalan

Very good if you like the dried fruit, fudge and date pudding flavours of sherried whisky.
Funny you should say that. I've been allowed to try the Glendronach 18 I gave my son for his 18th birthday, and my first reaction to it was "this is like drinking christmas pudding"

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Not sure whether to open it ... prices have skyrocketed since I bought it. It's very tempting though :facepalm:.
Wow 30 years of top shelf whiskey. What is that worth? A estimate.

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think I'd be tempted to sell that, and then persuade the buyer to pour a couple for the taste experience.

Rick "who'd end up never drinking it" Denney

Top Bottom