• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speaker Cable Ad Fail

rgdawsonco

This ad popped up in my browser today on Amazon.

Speaker Wire Fail.png

I mean...whuuut? I'm trying to imagine how this ad was even created. Clearly some work went into making this picture. I can't be "real", so some artist spent some time creating it. Someone surely reviewed it. Someone had to approve it and not a one had much a clue. Completely amazed.

Last edited:

Tassin

Attachment not available ...

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
R

rgdawsonco

Or AI. AI creates a lot of the more nonsensical ads these days.
That thought did cross my mind. AI is often nonsensical in my experience with it. If it is something I don't know anything about, it seems really cool, but if I know the subject well, then I often find AI is completely hallucinating.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That thought did cross my mind. AI is often nonsensical in my experience with it. If it is something I don't know anything about, it seems really cool, but if I know the subject well, then I often find AI is completely hallucinating.
It's attractive to some companies because they think they can eliminate employees magically. Well, someday perhaps.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
But I bet no one here tried listening to those cables shoved into an RCA jack!

/Obligatory

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They should put the speaker cable in the Sub out, just common sense.

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd say that was definitely AI. A standard RCA pin is 3.2mm, so a 4mm loudspeaker plug won't fit.
I tried with the ones I have here, and indeed none would fit.

S
Or AI. AI creates a lot of the more nonsensical ads these days.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Probably not AI... AI is very bad at text and logical arrangements of parts like this.

Speaking as someone who has done product renderings before... looks like someone did a CG render based on eyeballing a few screenshots, but not googling what the cable was actually for.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
AI is very bad at text and logical arrangements of parts like this.
We may never know, but that text may have been supplied by the manufacturer.

steve59

Major Contributor
Those look like they would fit into a 5 way speaker binding post, but being only 1 meter is pretty useless. I agree tho. not going to work as illustrated in an rca port.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
I've seen worse, but do wonder just how conductive 14 gauge banana wire is... Is that with fresh, or old smelly black, bananas? Guessing the latter, since they must be burned in...

I would never get them anyway, as they clearly state they are for bi-wire and bi-amp, and I just use a single run to my speakers. Plus they are only good for hi-fi surround sound.

So few words, so much wrong, then there's the picture...

Last edited:
Reactions: EdW

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
It's attractive to some companies because they think they can eliminate employees magically. Well, someday perhaps.
Some of AI's "serving suggestions" for electronic products should eliminate certain employees if they're practiced. :facepalm:
There won't be magic in the sense of smoke and mirrors, but there might well be smoke. :eek:

1704824412164.jpeg

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Our billionaire masters are pushing AI hard while the spin is fresh. I think in time the excitement will die down and reality will set in. Think: dot.com.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It looks all kinds of strange besides the obvious:

- the RCA sockets are too recessed, and there is no room for the outer bit to fit
- aren’t the RCA center holes too large?
- all screws are perfectly aligned
- it seem to have focus blur and lens distortion
- the reflection of the cable on the table seems missing

all in all, AI may still be a good guess. Possibly the text was fixed in “post”.

Last edited:

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We may never know, but that text may have been supplied by the manufacturer.
The cords in the image are quite accurate to the photo, so that still tells me it's probably a cheap CGI job and not an even-cheaper AI job with photoshopped text.

What probably happened is the artist had access to the cables (maybe even CAD) but nothing else, nor knowledge of audio cables. So they looked up an image of the back of a speaker and casually eyeballed it.

Chinese Amazon sellers all seem to have the 5th-best CG artist they know on staff, but I haven't actually seen AI-generated product images work out yet. You just can't get it to 100% accurately depict the product (yet). In this image the product appears quite accurate.

Top Bottom