• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SBAF getting an APx555

raif71

Major Contributor
Seeing from the outside it's a good thing. More data more better.
1622858243642.png

Nango

Major Contributor
They are trying so hard to avoid their world view from being completely destroyed. The level of jealousy and denial is unreal. Really when will they accept the truth. Is APx555B the last hope for them that will eventually "prove" what they hear or are they going to trash APx555B for being what it is after not able to prove anything. In headphone measurements, they were able to correlate complete erroneous test methods to something they likely hear. I wouldn't be surprised they "find" something and call it contributing to what they hear even though they can't even prove/willing to prove what they hear in the first place.
What purr1n says and thinks is worth at least like The Holy Bible, he thinks. And he honored and quoted me once (!!!) on his SBAF, so I'm someone now in the community!!! Lets hope he finds out how to plug in well the AP Analyzer to mains.

Last edited:

Nango

Major Contributor
I think we will see a Chinese company produce a world class AP style test instrument that equals or exceeds the APX-555B in the next few years. And it will cost a fraction of the price. Thats's when things will get interesting in the test space.
They certainly will one day, but will you trust in such an equipment, from a chinese corp?

sq225917

Major Contributor
That's laughable. You get what you pay for in China. Just like everywhere else.

Nearly every single mass market pcb manufacturer is based in China.

Dro

SBAF is the place that measures a 15 dB dip in treble for a headphone and then declares it has weird treble due to some 5 ms slower than perfect decay in treble. You can even tell them the treble sounds normal with some heavy EQ in the area, they'll still say it's the decay. That place is beyond any hope.

192kbps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
A mic doesn't need such ADC at all, try to google "brownian motion limit's microphones". In fact, there is enough 16bits.

How about this?

danadam

Addicted to Fun and Learning

How about this?
It doesn't change anything with regard to brownian motion:
It works by detecting the impact of sound on the motion of particles in a stream of air ...

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
All SBAF is going to do with this is measure something, show that it performs poorly 'by the numbers', and go on to say how good it sounds and measurements aren't everything.

Basically accusing other sites/members of making an argument that they never actually made.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
All SBAF is going to do with this is measure something, show that it performs poorly 'by the numbers', and go on to say how good it sounds and measurements aren't everything.

Basically accusing other sites/members of making an argument that they never actually made.
The Goldensound approach. Although he mostly measures kit with decent measurements but discusses perceived differences in sound.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
And he has an ABX box but either did not have time (due to him moving house) or he used it and found it removed his abilities and decided to review as he did before and get his abilities back... we'll never know.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
And he has an ABX box but either did not have time (due to him moving house) or he used it and found it removed his abilities and decided to review as he did before and get his abilities back... we'll never know.
I imagine a reviewer without special abilities wouldn't get as many nice shiny things to review either.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Maybe he finally realized that both the instrument and ABX testing is anthesis to running an audio youtube channel where you want to promote manufacturers and subjectivism! It is the oddest thing to see both of these entities investing money in such instrumentation....

Chester

Amir and ASR have caused the “engineering challenged” manufacturers, as well as the subjective forums (let’s call them by their real name….ad space sellers) a major problem.

Audiophiles who are looking for reasons to be convinced, are having a hard time pulling the trigger on items that just don’t stack up in basic graphs and numbers.

I think the general idea must be that by simply owning an APX555 and wheeling out an unrelated or poorly executed measurement, it might be enough to convince those that are hesitating to make the purchase. The bar to convince the average audiophile is low. They want to be convinced.

Great that this site is driving change, but a shame that their approach will probably have the desired effect.

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe he finally realized that both the instrument and ABX testing is anthesis to running an audio youtube channel where you want to promote manufacturers and subjectivism! It is the oddest thing to see both of these entities investing money in such instrumentation....

Chris Connaker at AS also purchased an AP unit. I don't think he can figure out how to use it in case. I keep meaning to check on clist and fb market place in his locale.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I think the general idea must be that by simply owning an APX555 and wheeling out an unrelated or poorly executed measurement, it might be enough to convince those that are hesitating to make the purchase. The bar to convince the average audiophile is low.

Makes me think of a layman buying and wearing a stethoscope when reviewing nutritional supplements.

'See, my bowels sound better now.'

Top Bottom