• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Salk Speakers

Wolf

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Dennis Murphy

Major Contributor
Technical Expert
Says 100W at 2.6k/12dB.

Thanks for the links. I think I'll give it a try. The problem with calling planars and AMT's ribbons is that it makes it very difficult for producers of true ribbons to differentiate their product. They tend to be more expensive to manufacture and do have some unique qualities, although you can argue about how important some of them are. The very thin element does provide wider horizontal dispersion, which is important to me, but I realize that their extremely low mass may not be all that important.

Wolf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I know they aren't TRUE ribbons, but they are definitely not of the dome, cone, or other round-gap driver. They represent the other type.

Yes, transformers can be expensive, especially silver wire amorphous cored ones.

I have heard good things from all types. Keep us posted on what you think...
Tell Jim I said HI...

Top Bottom