• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A30a announced

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Screenshot_20231111_085113_Samsung Notes.jpg

And besides, I can get a Hypex amp from audiophonics that has been tested with great results, that is more powerful and for less money than the a30a, and not much more than the AO300.
And how much for the DAC??

Hollywood_Bob

If you read the tests by Amir on this website, you will see that 2 amps with the same chip can have very different test results.

I haven't seen a test yet of the AO300, so it could be better, or worse, than the AL200.

Please provide the link to the test comparison you are referencing.

The conclusion of the test you refer to is that the Sabaj a30a has more "color, resolution, dynamics" than the AL200.

Those are not objective test result terms, they are individual and very subjective terms.

Another web audio influencer wanna-be could say something else, equally subjective.

It's easy to find web reviewers who spout out all sorts of subjective terms and opinions about audio equipment.

It's endlessly amazing to hear the things that fly out of their mouths.

If you read these forums, you will see that the purpose of a good amplifier is to be invisible.

To say that an amp has more "color, resolution, dynamics" than another is about as useful (and subjective) as saying that one sounds more like chocolate than the other.

Piopio

Audio is subjective.
Everyone hears differently. However, if several opinions are collected, an average can be drawn.

Hollywood_Bob

Audio is subjective.
Everyone hears differently. However, if several opinions are collected, an average can be drawn.
Sabaj and SMSL are owned by the same parent company.

The parent company sends a youtube audio component reviewer a SMSL al200, and a Sabaj a30a that costs double the price of the al200, for free, and its amazing, the reviewer recommends the a30a over the al200, based on a subjective assessment.

The parent company benefits because people are encouraged to spend twice the money on the Sabaj a30a.

More snake oil.

I have been reading and hearing the same audio hype sheet for more than 50 years.

You want to believe it.

I don't.

kik

Hello, jumping into the topic to ask for advice. I have a pair of Focal Aria 936 (92dB sensitivity with a 2.8ohms minimum impedance) and I'm hesitating between the SABAJ A30a (400€) and the SMSL VMV A2 (750€) and the AUDIOPHONICS DAW-S250NC (800€). What would you recommend ?

Last edited:

ohnonotagain

Hello, jumping into the topic to ask for advice. I have a pair of Focal Aria 936 (92dB sensitivity with a 2.8ohms minimum impedance) and I'm hesitating between the SABAJ A30a (400€) and the SMSL VMV A2 (750€) and the AUDIOPHONICS DAW-S250NC (800€). What would you recommend ?
A30a every time (but then I would say that, I own one). The A30a is pretty much identical on the inside (except the layout is flipped) to the VMV A2, which outperforms the Audiophonics. The €350 (or more) you save will buy you a lot of great music to listen to on it. :)

kik

A30a every time (but then I would say that, I own one). The A30a is pretty much identical on the inside (except the layout is flipped) to the VMV A2, which outperforms the Audiophonics. The €350 (or more) you save will buy you a lot of great music to listen to on it. :)
... or a Dirac Live license !
Thanks for your feedback :)

ModDIY

I have the Focal Chora 826, 91db (with Sabaj A30a and Wiim Pro) and minimum impedance of 2.9ohms and no load problem, on the contrary the STA516BE output mosfets in pbtl mode (one per channel) is designed to support low impedance.

The musicality is perfect, very wide soundstage and excellent definition.

kik

I have the Focal Chora 826, 91db (with Sabaj A30a and Wiim Pro) and minimum impedance of 2.9ohms and no load problem, on the contrary the STA516BE output mosfets in pbtl mode (one per channel) is designed to support low impedance.

All right so Sabaj seems the right choice! Let's hope hifi express is reliable because they have attractive sales on this product.

ModDIY

All right so Sabaj seems the right choice! Let's hope hifi express is reliable because they have attractive sales on this product.
Hifi-express is very reliable, I ordered 2 Sabaj amps from them and the delivery is fast. Just a little long when ordering to get the tracking number...but then it's quick. You can trust them.

PeterNL

Like You said, everything should be ok:
IMG_20231112_095719.jpg

DACslut

I'm a relatively happy A30a owner and my new speaker budget is up to $1,500. I've narrowed my floor standing speaker choice to a pair of HECO Aurora 700's or the Focal Chora 826's. Musicality, Soundstage, Imaging, Detail, Warmth, and all the other desirable "subjective" qualities are my preference for listening requirements. Bass response isn't too much of a concern because I'm using a decent sub with my existing $200 (refurb special) pair of Infinity R253's which were favorably reviewed by Amir. I had originally settled on the Emotiva Airmotiv T2+ towers at $699 a pair but they seem to be indefinitely unavailable. Please reply ONLY if you own or used to own this unique integrated amplifier, thanks!

GiBo61

Reviewers on Amazon have experienced issues with the subwoofer volumes, just like with cheaper amps. Too bad.

Any product recommendations where this problem doesn’t exist? USB required.
For some users the volume of the subwoofer and that of the main speakers does not increasess/decreases linearly. I'm not sure I have this issue in my setup. In any case this amp is so good that it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, you can still manually adjust the volume of the sw whenever you want.

Last edited:

GiBo61

Hifi-express is very reliable, I ordered 2 Sabaj amps from them and the delivery is fast. Just a little long when ordering to get the tracking number...but then it's quick. You can trust them.
I can confirm that I had non problems with my Sabaj A30a order from Hifi-express (about 1 year ago).

GiBo61

I'm a relatively happy A30a owner and my new speaker budget is up to $1,500. I've narrowed my floor standing speaker choice to a pair of HECO Aurora 700's or the Focal Chora 826's. Musicality, Soundstage, Imaging, Detail, Warmth, and all the other desirable "subjective" qualities are my preference for listening requirements. Bass response isn't too much of a concern because I'm using a decent sub with my existing $200 (refurb special) pair of Infinity R253's which were favorably reviewed by Amir. I had originally settled on the Emotiva Airmotiv T2+ towers at $699 a pair but they seem to be indefinitely unavailable. Please reply ONLY if you own or used to own this unique integrated amplifier, thanks!
I'm very happy with my Sabaj A30a and the Elac Carina 247.4. If you prefers bookshelf speakers, I also own the Elac BS403, they are less fun than the Carina at low volume but more rigorous. The Sabaj A30a can drive them without any problems.

Roland68

Major Contributor
I can warmly recommend the Aurora 700 from Heco to you.
I listen to the CD "Great Women of Song" with the A30a and the Aurora and it's really good, and not just for the price range.
If your room is large enough, over 20, preferably 25 square meters, then take a look at the Aurora 1000.

THO

I ordered the A30a from hifi-express today. Got three pair of speakers, Aurum Cantus V8F, Aurum Cantus New Grand Supreme and Wharfedale Linton Heritage. Will test with every one, but the A30a is meant to be used with the Lintons. Im quite excited.

Top Bottom