• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A30a announced

peterwen

Audio Company
There is new available product.

SABAJ A30a Power Amplifier 200W*2
  • Using the latest DSP chip with ST high-power amplifier chip, carefully designed and debugged, its distortion is as low as 0.0008%;
  • The second generation XMOS solution, PCM sampling rate up to 32bit/768kHz;
  • Subwoofer pre-output used to connect an active subwoofer to form a 2.1 audio system;
  • Built-in multiple EQ modes and high/bass adjustment functions to easily match various speakers and music;
  • The Bluetooth solution supports encoding formats such as LDAC/aptX-HD/AAC/SBC!
  • All aluminum alloy CNC processing technology, using anodizing technology, fine workmanship, first-class touch;
  • The color display screen and user-friendly operating system are easy to understand, equipped with full-function remote control function;
  • A large number of audiophile-grade audio components are used to enhance the subjective sense of hearing;
  • High-quality gold-plated input and output terminals;
  • Perfect overheating, overcurrent, and other protection circuits;
  • A high-quality power supply dedicated to audio.
Inputs ...........................................USB / Optical / Bluetooth /Coaxial / LINE IN

THD+N ................................................................................................0.0008%

SNR ..........................................................................................................116dB

Channel separation ...................................................................................108dB

Output power...........................................................200Wx2(4Ω) / 100Wx2(8Ω)

Subwoofer output level..............................................................................2Vrms

USB transmission ....................................................................Asynchronization

USB compatibility ..................................Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 11(Needs Driver) Mac OSX、Linux(Driverless)

Bit depth ......................USB 1bit, 16 ~ 32bit

Optical / Coaxial 1bit, 16 ~ 24bit

Sampling rate ...............USB PCM 44.1 ~ 768kHz DSD 2.8224-22.5792MHz

Optical / Coaxial PCM 44.1 ~ 192kHz

Bluetooth specification...................................................................................5.0

LDAC ..................................................24bit/96kHz (990kbps/660kbps/330kbps)

aptX-HD ..........................................................................24bit/48 kHz_576kbps

aptX .............................................................................16bit/44.1 kHz_352kbps

SBC ..............................................................................16bit/44.1 kHz_328kbps

AAC ..............................................................................16bit/44.1 kHz_320kbps

Standby power consumption.........................................................................<0.5W

Size ...........................................................................280x63x260mm (WxHxD)

Weight ..........................................................................................3.3kg/7.28lbs

S292a5a32c05d460b80562e53b3c7b459Z.jpg

MCH

Major Contributor
Hello peterwen. Thanks for posting. I have a question: is the sub low pass complemented with a high pass filter for the mains?. If yes, is the high pass frequency adjustable like the sub cut out frequency?
Thanks!

nsfgp

Attractive product indeed. Saw another post by Peter saying Topping is getting all the attention lately. Peter/Sabaj could do a lot better in terms of promoting products compared to Topping. Just look right here on this forum how JohnY. helped to build up all the hype leading to their trio amp series introduction. First the PA3S. Then "no no ... that was just a rookie's project; wait till you see the next killer amp". Then came PA5. Then "no no that is not all my friend .... we have been secretly designing another amp since few years ago that will change the world ... you ain't see nothing yet ...". Then came LA90. He did all that while actually successfully avoided addressing product reliability issues directly with one of these amp. That is an example of good marketing at work. Luck is needed also I am sure.

Watching this new amp from Sabaj. Good luck to them.

Last edited:

maty

Major Contributor
Very good specs, much better than new SMSL A300 BTL.

1657876770910.png

maty

Major Contributor
SNR 116 dB but

* 8 Ohms and max power THD+N 0.1% about 70 watts? or
* 4 Ohms and max power THD+N 0.1% about 140 watts?

With Class AB -> SNR at 8 Ohms and 1 watt. At 100 watts -> + 20 dB => 87 dB at 1 watt, very good.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks interesting, although I miss PEQ rather than fixed EQ profiles, and speaker high pass option when using the sub output. Measurements would have been nice too.

Toku

Major Contributor
I was surprised that the A30 was suddenly released.
From the contents of the product, it is the Sabaj version of SMSL A2. I don't think the chip configuration has changed either.
PCM1804 (ADC) + XU208 (USB) + AXIGN AX5689 + STA516 * 2
Composition. Looking at the photo, the layout of the board around the amplifier is the same.

I have already purchased PA5, AO200 * 2, A20a 2022, A300 * 2, but I would like to buy this as well and check the operation.

SiamXIII

From the contents of the product, it is the Sabaj version of SMSL A2. I don't think the chip configuration has changed either.
Composition. Looking at the photo, the layout of the board around the amplifier is the same.

I have already purchased PA5, AO200 * 2, A20a 2022, A300 * 2, but I would like to buy this as well and check the operation.
Currently owning Topping PA3s and waiting for SMSL AO200 to come. Will it give better audio quality? And also will 2xA300 provide better SQ than AO200?

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello peterwen. Thanks for posting. I have a question: is the sub low pass complemented with a high pass filter for the mains?. If yes, is the high pass frequency adjustable like the sub cut out frequency?
Thanks!
@peterwen i have the same question. When will the manual be available?

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Available
From what I can see this amplifier only has a LP filter on the subwoofer output but not a matching HP on the main output. What is the use of that? Doesn't Chinese manufacturers realise that all active subwoofers have a LP filter on them? Has anyone seen an active subwoofer that has no LP filter? Or, is that a speciality on the Chinese market.

Or have the Chinese audio engineers collectively lost their mind?

delta76

Major Contributor

To be honest I was not surprised. if anything Chinese makers (not just audio) have been flooding the market with model after model with quite big overlap between those.
And come with that, officially support for old(er) models is virtually dropped

wavesharp

From what I can see this amplifier only has a LP filter on the subwoofer output but not a matching HP on the main output. What is the use of that? Doesn't Chinese manufacturers realise that all active subwoofers have a LP filter on them? Has anyone seen an active subwoofer that has no LP filter? Or, is that a speciality on the Chinese market.

Or have the Chinese audio engineers collectively lost their mind?
Sub cutoff's frequency should mean the Main output's HP.

Or you are the smartest engineer?

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Sub cutoff's frequency should mean the Main output's HP.
Should (and the labelling is wrong) or is (what exists and the labelling is correct)?

jae

Major Contributor
In my opinion very nice looking product overall, and of course I am nitpicking but the font of the model and brand seems out of place. The very stylistic font betrays the modern design language and that is something I would expect to see on some kind of tacky tube amp. A simple logo/monogram would improve the brand image, for example, "Sj" or the "S" alone in their name used by itself already seems to resemble a mirrored or inverted treble clef and looks great.

Top Bottom