• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A30a announced

Gret_as

Same problem. See my post from Feb 8. Yes, when playing some songs, the protection triggers at around 65. And, as others described, bass level is not adequate to the volume.
So they need to change the power output control algorithm and dynamic range control. Their circuitry is in order, but this circuitry must be controlled. It is possible that errors crept in during DSP processing of the volume level.

ZeljkoS

USB AUDIO driver in Šabaj - is it permissible to try to change the DRIVER which is android compatible?

ZeljkoS

My problem, why there is no sound through the USB input, I did not solve, but I found an incompatibility. USB AUDIO in Sabaj is supported in Windows. ZIDOO is an android - and that's a conflict I can't resolve. I did not see this as a warning on the store pages, or the forum. I have to praise the store https://thehificat.com/ who kept all the promises about returning the device and replacing it, working with the lady. C. from "thehificat" with which I corresponded for a week across time zones and tried to solve the problem. Apparently they did not know about the possible problem why there is no sound on the USB input on Sabaj. My recommendation to all potential buyers in Europe. The EU "remote" buyer's right is respected.

Gret_as

My problem, why there is no sound through the USB input, I did not solve, but I found an incompatibility. USB AUDIO in Sabaj is supported in Windows. ZIDOO is an android - and that's a conflict I can't resolve. I did not see this as a warning on the store pages, or the forum. I have to praise the store https://thehificat.com/ who kept all the promises about returning the device and replacing it, working with the lady. C. from "thehificat" with which I corresponded for a week across time zones and tried to solve the problem. Apparently they did not know about the possible problem why there is no sound on the USB input on Sabaj. My recommendation to all potential buyers in Europe. The EU "remote" buyer's right is respected.
In official specification not showed Android in "USB Compatibilty". Only Windows, MacOS and Linux.

rydzyk

Hi, I'm interested in buing sabaj a30a and have 2 questions.
Is is possible to connect sabaj using bi-wiring method ??
How do you connect rel subwoowers ?? using rel method with speakon on nad black cable hanging or other way??

Gret_as

Hi, I'm interested in buing sabaj a30a and have 2 questions.
Is is possible to connect sabaj using bi-wiring method ??
How do you connect rel subwoowers ?? using rel method with speakon on nad black cable hanging or other way??
No bi-wiring method. Sub via coaxial. That's all guys. Lonney Toons.

ZeljkoS

U službenoj specifikaciji nije prikazan Android u "USB kompatibilnosti". Samo Windows, MacOS i Linux.
SABAJ A30a – XMOS: Not compatible with android sound sources (dozens of good Chinese products like my ZIDOO Z9X). I found a solution! I want to share it with you!
The solution is an application - USB Audio Player PRO APK. Paid on Google Play, not expensive. But!
There are free downloads in several places on the Internet.
I downloaded the file, USB Audio Player PRO APK 5.7.7 https://apkdone.com/usb-audio-player-pro/
installed on ZIDOO Installer APK but failed to open.
I searched on Google play and it recognized the older version. He offered an update. Agree and - the application works. This application solved the problem with different OS in DACs or as in SABAJ.
I just listened to DSD 256 without error.

ZeljkoS

How do I install the USB audio driver?
WINDOWS - GOOGLE
Install
  1. Connect the USB cable: ...
  2. Open the Device Manager window on your computer, then click the Sound, video and game controllers.
  3. Turn on the unit: ...
  4. Right-click the listed driver and select Update Driver.
  5. Click the Search automatically for drivers.
  6. Click the Search for updated drivers on Windows Update.
I went through the first procedure and Windows 11 updated USB AUDIO. No app needed.

maxart

Thanks for the update @Toku.

Im just taken aback that @peterwen didn't address the forum and provide an update on which specific issues are being worked on.

Anyway, I already returned my a30a but im still interested to see how sabaj provides support to their products and maybe change my mind about buying their products again.
I really wanted to like it, but I returned my Sabaj a30a. Got the PARASOUND NewClassic 200 integrated. What can I say... It's night and day!

GiBo61

I really wanted to like it, but I returned my Sabaj a30a. Got the PARASOUND NewClassic 200 integrated. What can I say... It's night and day!
Well, I guess it should be expected considering that the PARASOUND NewClassic 200 costs around €2000 in Europe.

Last edited:

JRS

Major Contributor
Well, I guess it should be expected considering that the PARASOUND NewClassic 200 costs around €2000 in Europe.
But if the specs are not wildly different it means that something is wrong. Either with the unit or the specs. In both cases it doesn't inspire confidence.

Or alternatively it is not an objective difference. There are ways to determine which of the three cases, but all involve time, money or both.

The reason I harp on this is that if we truly believe in science, then ascribing vast differences to cost without accompanying different specs, then we are back to square one, anc may as well watch YouTube reviews where no measurements are made and all of our favorite subjective terms get trotted out to night and day differences. If you have a friend and some time an A/B/X trial might prove enlightening.

daclogic

But if the specs are not wildly different it means that something is wrong. Either with the unit or the specs. In both cases it doesn't inspire confidence.

Or alternatively it is not an objective difference. There are ways to determine which of the three cases, but all involve time, money or both.

The reason I harp on this is that if we truly believe in science, then ascribing vast differences to cost without accompanying different specs, then we are back to square one, anc may as well watch YouTube reviews where no measurements are made and all of our favorite subjective terms get trotted out to night and day differences. If you have a friend and some time an A/B/X trial might prove enlightening.
The assumption here is that specs will tell you what an amp/speaker/dac will sound like. I've yet to see the proof of that.
But yes, you are right to harp on your point that the dollars charged are no indicator of sound.

JRS

Major Contributor
The assumption here is that specs will tell you what an amp/speaker/dac will sound like. I've yet to see the proof of that.
But yes, you are right to harp on your point that the dollars charged are no indicator of sound.
And in spite of a seemingly infinite number of opportunities, no one, I mean no one, has been able to convincingly differentiate in blind testing two amps with the same specs from one another. You might want to look into the Carver challenge for some historical context. It seems that these night and day differences vanish under "pressure."

daclogic

Yeah I know about the Carver challenge.
But ready my words closely (yeah yeah, I know this is an internet forum and no one reads closely). I didn't say that two amps with the same specs can/will/might sound different. I would know that only if I did a double blind test. Not if someone else did one for me either.

JRS

Major Contributor
Yeah I know about the Carver challenge.
But ready my words closely (yeah yeah, I know this is an internet forum and no one reads closely). I didn't say that two amps with the same specs can/will/might sound different. I would know that only if I did a double blind test. Not if someone else did one for me either.
Point taken--however when one begins to talk about the "sound" of amps and equates that with price (which you admittedly retracted), gets my hackles up--really my remarks were intended at the Parasound owner and you happened to step into the fray. So here's to a truce.

I don't believe is ESP nor do I believe in marked differences in tonality between well built amps operating in their happy zones. Differences might arise with impedance dips depending on the PS of the amps--don't think there is anything controversial there. Thankfully such demanding loads are becoming rarer in the marketplace..

This is after all what Bob C pretty much proved what 40 years ago. The flavor of the high end amps was distortion, and by adding a small amt to null out the differences, no one knew which amp was which. No one.

If that's not a QED moment, not sure what is. This is doubly true for DAC's which when level matched produce deep nulls. And for sampling--no one can reliably detect higher than 48k sample rate, and so forth.--been proven multiple times.

For the record I would just love to read of a case where DBT revealed a difference between competent electronics. Then we might have a clue as to what is eluding msmt that is still perceived. We could also all get on with our lives as everyone can agree that under certain (define here) conditions subtle differences can be reliably detected by individuals on a consistent basis. I can live with that. And live knowing that the component with the magic pixie dust sound (which I likely couldnt afford anyway) is out there and my system wiill never have that last bit of whatever. Hell a blunt and some good whisky is far cheaper and will produce far more meaningful improvements in sound, and I can live with that as well.
Cheers,
John

daclogic

Cheers John, a whisky definitely makes more difference than an expensive cable. And a single malt will make the music sound even better than a blended whisky.
(Truce accepted - but it wasn't me who equated dollars with sound.)

Reactions: JRS

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Screenshot_20230307_091535_Google.jpg

Blind day/night test...

GiBo61

Well, say what you will, I'm currently listening to my Sabay A30a hooked up to a Wiim Mini streamer and I like what I hear through my Elac Vela BS403s. My only gripe is that with one more firmware update Sabaj may be able to fix some flaws that have been extensively discussed in the thread* and make a good amp great. This would not only make me happier but would help expand the number of buyers of this little jewel.

* In this regard, I cite an example from today: when I returned from work, I strangely found the Sabaj on. I was then told that there was a blackout earlier in the day which explains that when power was restored the amp switched on by itself.

Top Bottom