• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A30a announced

ZeljkoS

Thank you friend "snoopy112" for the contribution! I repeat, before buying Sabaj, I listened to music by connecting to ZIDOO Z9X, USB3 input - the side of the cable with USP3, and the other side of the cable with USB-C to the input of SMLS D-6 DAC. It worked DSD 512 (I have one recording) and all other formats without errors in performance. It doesn't really matter - after all, the D-6 DAC has an AV output that I connected to a small Fosi amplifier, and it to the speakers. It worked well and I wanted better and bought a Sabaj A30a. It has the same USB-C as the D-6. What would be on the end of a cable that has one USB-C side? What can I do to SABAJ to make its USB-C port work?

ZeljkoS

Input menu - on Sabaj - selected
I tried three more cables.
I am in contact with the seller - maybe they will try online

okok

what's the volume of a30a like? gotta be digital volume, will it set the volume to minimal when you start it up? some gear pops up to 100% that's dangerous

Toku

Major Contributor
what's the volume of a30a like? gotta be digital volume, will it set the volume to minimal when you start it up? some gear pops up to 100% that's dangerous
The A30a uses a digital volume. The initial value is 30. It is set to 30 when purchased or reset. A value of 30 is a slightly lower volume.
Normal ON-OFF operation holds the previous value. It will never be 100%.

ZeljkoS

If this is related to my question?! Volume checked My sound source (ZIDOO) states; VID/PID; 0x152a-0x85df VIRGOS; Sabaj USB AUDIO null Maximum sampling rate: 0Hz
The seller is slow to inform me: We'll help you out remotely. After two days: Please help me check the sn number ... and send you the customized upgrade firmware. (Sent immediately!) Nothing so far.
NEW QUESTION: Is it possible? I did not notice a contribution on that topic on the forum.

ZeljkoS

Horror and procrastination - promise - "We'll help you out remotely" was the big reveal: upgrade from 2022.09.28.

endrew11

Hello everyone,
I sent a request to hifi-express to make changes to the Sabaj A30a firmware:

"1. the amplifier boots to normal operation mode when it recovers from a power failure/outage, whether the amplifier state before the power failure/outage was power on or in standby mode. After a power failure, the amplifier should return to standby mode for safety reasons.

2. the apparent unmatched volume increment between the speaker lines and sw out line, where there increment is greater at the speaker lines than the sub out line as the volume increases. sure this will not bother a lot of folks who dont use a sub woofer but for us that do, i find it cumbersome to adjust the sub volume after i increase the master volume on the a30a

3. the sub cutoff of 70hz should be lowered. based on feedback from this thread, it appears that this can be fixed by a firmware update, so why not allow the scale go down further until it reaches zero or sub off

4.can I ask for adding an automatic turn on of amplifier after receiving a signal from the sound source and for automatic switching off, e.g. after 30 minutes when no signal from the sound source reaches the amplifier?"

at the moment the answer from Mandy looks promising:

"1, Our engineers don't think it's a problem
3, There is no way to change it, the DSP chip decides, and he misunderstood, this is a low-pass filter, it means that the signal that can pass is 0~70Hz, if it drops to 0, it means there is no bass output
2 and 4 Our engineers are working hard to fix it. I will notify you if have the result"

I'm still fighting for point #1 :)

thumbs up for the changes...

GiBo61

Hello everyone,
I sent a request to hifi-express to make changes to the Sabaj A30a firmware:

"1. the amplifier boots to normal operation mode when it recovers from a power failure/outage, whether the amplifier state before the power failure/outage was power on or in standby mode. After a power failure, the amplifier should return to standby mode for safety reasons.

2. the apparent unmatched volume increment between the speaker lines and sw out line, where there increment is greater at the speaker lines than the sub out line as the volume increases. sure this will not bother a lot of folks who dont use a sub woofer but for us that do, i find it cumbersome to adjust the sub volume after i increase the master volume on the a30a

3. the sub cutoff of 70hz should be lowered. based on feedback from this thread, it appears that this can be fixed by a firmware update, so why not allow the scale go down further until it reaches zero or sub off

4.can I ask for adding an automatic turn on of amplifier after receiving a signal from the sound source and for automatic switching off, e.g. after 30 minutes when no signal from the sound source reaches the amplifier?"

at the moment the answer from Mandy looks promising:

"1, Our engineers don't think it's a problem
3, There is no way to change it, the DSP chip decides, and he misunderstood, this is a low-pass filter, it means that the signal that can pass is 0~70Hz, if it drops to 0, it means there is no bass output
2 and 4 Our engineers are working hard to fix it. I will notify you if have the result"

I'm still fighting for point #1 :)

thumbs up for the changes...
Point 2 apparently is not a common issue, for one I did not notice it in my setup although I often use it without the sub connected. I do not understand the reply Mandy give to point 3 ( subwoofer cutoff frequency below 70 Hz).

Toku

Major Contributor
Point 2 apparently is not a common issue, for one I did not notice it in my setup although I often use it without the sub connected. I do not understand the reply Mandy give to point 3 ( subwoofer cutoff frequency below 70 Hz).
It is difficult to accurately convey requests to a partner who speaks a different language.
The sentence in No. 3 is a bit difficult even for a Japanese person like me. Maybe Sabaj misunderstands this part.
If it were me, I would describe this part in a concrete expression, "Please change the setting range of the low-pass filter frequency of the SW output so that it can be set up to 50Hz. That would be more practical."
Furthermore, if possible, writing in Chinese in addition to English will make it easier to communicate. These days, I always communicate in Chinese. Now we have a useful tool called Google Translate.

endrew11

It is difficult to accurately convey requests to a partner who speaks a different language.
The sentence in No. 3 is a bit difficult even for a Japanese person like me. Maybe Sabaj misunderstands this part.
If it were me, I would describe this part in a concrete expression, "Please change the setting range of the low-pass filter frequency of the SW output so that it can be set up to 50Hz. That would be more practical."
Furthermore, if possible, writing in Chinese in addition to English will make it easier to communicate. These days, I always communicate in Chinese. Now we have a useful tool called Google Translate.

@Toku thanks for simplifying this topic. Sent to hifi-express.

maybe someone who bought the amplifier via hifi-express is also willing to write a request for these corrections in the software (added my order number and a photo of the amp when sending a request for changes to the firmware to the email address listed on their website)? or maybe someone already tried?
I think that the pressure to improve the software will bring some positive effect ... strength in the group :)

LennyTheLion

@Toku thanks for simplifying this topic. Sent to hifi-express.

maybe someone who bought the amplifier via hifi-express is also willing to write a request for these corrections in the software (added my order number and a photo of the amp when sending a request for changes to the firmware to the email address listed on their website)? or maybe someone already tried?
I think that the pressure to improve the software will bring some positive effect ... strength in the group :)
I have also emailed hifi-express requesting similar. I got a reply back this morning detailing they have "reflected it to our development team"

maxart

I have a problem with Sabaj shutting down right or left channel at the volume of 75-79 on a display. Running ZU Essence, Two-way floorstanding loudspeaker, rated 250 watts. Drive-units: 2.5" transformer-coupled ribbon tweeter, 10.3" paper-cone woofer with an integral "whizzer" cone. Frequency range: 30Hz–40kHz. Sensitivity: 97dB/W/m. Impedance: 12 ohms nominal, 9 ohms minimum.
To me it looks like it is a raw product with a good concept, but a long way to go.
Wondering how it compares to Peachtree nova 150.
Any thoughts?

Last edited:

GiBo61

I have a problem with Sabaj shutting down right or left channel at the volume of 75-79 on a display. Running ZU Essence, Two-way floorstanding loudspeaker, rated 250 watts. Drive-units: 2.5" transformer-coupled ribbon tweeter, 10.3" paper-cone woofer with an integral "whizzer" cone. Frequency range: 30Hz–40kHz. Sensitivity: 97dB/W/m. Impedance: 12 ohms nominal, 9 ohms minimum.
To me it looks like it is a raw product with a good concept, but a long way to go.
Any thoughts?
I'm wondering if what you experience is due to a clipping protection of the Sabaj.
I'm also wondering how loud your music is playing with a volume of 75-79 on the A30a display considering you have speakers with 97dB of sensitivity.
In my setup I'm barely able to go over a volume of 65 in a 30 square meter room with speakers with 86 dB of sensitivity.

maxart

I'd use those words to explain the Zu Essence. Good idea but weak execution. Sorry to read the A30a is also a dud
I have not asked for your take regarding the ZU Essence. If you have nothing to add to the amplifier clipping issue below 3/4 of the power output, there's no need to comment on the speakers. Please, try to read my post again and understand the issue before you put your unrelated comment to the post. Thank you!

maxart

I'm wondering if what you experience is due to a clipping protection of the Sabaj.
I'm also wondering how loud your music is playing with a volume of 75-79 on the A30a display considering you have speakers with 97dB of sensitivity.
In my setup I'm barely able to go over a volume of 65 in a 30 square meter room with speakers with 86 dB of sensitivity.
I was playing it loud, I had a party at my place and the Sabaj shutting off was embarrassing. I'll do some loudness test soon and will let you know how loud it can go without the clipping protection triggered.

Last edited:

GiBo61

Any thoughts?
Another consideration is that your speakers have a 12 Ohm nominal impedance, so I guess that in your setup you are getting much less power from the Sabaj (and any other amplifier) compared to 8 or 4 Ohm speakers.

maxart

Another consideration is that your speakers have a 12 Ohm nominal impedance, so I guess that in your setup you are getting much less power from the Sabaj (and any other amplifier) compared to 8 or 4 Ohm speakers.
That could be the case, but their sensitivity is very high. Still, there’s no reason for the Sabaj to trigger its clipping protection at volume of 75.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
With 12R speakers, there really isn't a lot of power left. If you're lucky it will do about 40W/channel. The power supply is only 24V. That isn't very high for high-impedance speakers. But with 92 dB of realistic sensitivity, they should still go plenty loud.

Top Bottom