• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A30a announced

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
With 12ohms hps, any class d or AB amp will be power limited despite the efficiency of the speakers. If in addition we push the amp to these limits in an party context, closing the amp is a protection...

The A30a is anything but a failure. My speakers are the Focal Chora 826 with 8ohms and a minimum of 2.9ohms and the power is more than enough for a party without ever having a protective closure.

maxart

Another consideration is that your speakers have a 12 Ohm nominal impedance, so I guess that in your setup you are getting much less power from the Sabaj (and any other amplifier) compared to 8 or 4 Ohm speakers.
Yes, that could be why.

maxart

With 12ohms hps, any class d or AB amp will be power limited despite the efficiency of the speakers. If in addition we push the amp to these limits in an party context, closing the amp is a protection...

The A30a is anything but a failure. My speakers are the Focal Chora 826 with 8ohms and a minimum of 2.9ohms and the power is more than enough for a party without ever having a protective closure.
Thank you

maxart

With 12R speakers, there really isn't a lot of power left. If you're lucky it will do about 40W/channel. The power supply is only 24V. That isn't very high for high-impedance speakers. But with 92 dB of realistic sensitivity, they should still go plenty loud.
24 volts power supply explains that. This is something I didn’t know. Thank you

maxart

Another consideration is that your speakers have a 12 Ohm nominal impedance, so I guess that in your setup you are getting much less power from the Sabaj (and any other amplifier) compared to 8 or 4 Ohm speakers.
I’ll try some other speakers, though not sure yet which ones to pick.

Toku

Major Contributor
Today I received a message from @peterwen for the first time in a while.
He says that he passes on all the requests from everyone on this forum to the development team.
However, I do not know if it will be realized soon, but it seems that the development team is considering the request content.
Sabaj always seems to take requests from the forum seriously.

GiBo61

He says that he passes on all the requests from everyone on this forum to the development team.
However, I do not know if it will be realized soon, but it seems that the development team is considering the request content.
Thanks Toku for the update. Let's keep our fingers crossed..

SlamTaz

Thanks for the update @Toku.

Im just taken aback that @peterwen didn't address the forum and provide an update on which specific issues are being worked on.

Anyway, I already returned my a30a but im still interested to see how sabaj provides support to their products and maybe change my mind about buying their products again.

Guilherme_BR

Sabaj a30a would sound close or even the same as, for exemple, SU10 + SMSL SA400? There are way more reviews of SA400 than a30a... a30a seems to be just a great value since it doesn't need a DAC...

ModDIY

Sabaj a30a would sound close or even the same as, for exemple, SU10 + SMSL SA400? There are way more reviews of SA400 than a30a... a30a seems to be just a great value since it doesn't need a DAC...

Both have the same output mosfets, sta516be.

By they do not have the same preamp because the SA400 is not a digital amplifier like the A30a which has the Axign digital controller.

The SA400 has the preamp with NJW1195 tone control.

While the A30a's tone control and volume is a DSP.

Last edited:

ModDIY

Je suis un audiophile mélomane et j'aime la définition et la reproduction réaliste de plusieurs styles de musique.

J'ai le Sabaj A30a depuis plusieurs mois et chaque jour et à chaque fois que je l'écoute, je suis impressionné par sa musicalité, sa définition, sa puissance et aussi sa facilité d'utilisation.

J'ai toujours possédé des DAC, des préamplis et des amplis séparés, et pour moi avec l'A30a, il n'y a pas de retour en arrière.

Last edited:

ZeljkoS

Hello everyone. Today I became the owner of this device. I was unpleasantly surprised that the drivers for the device are a little more than 2 years old and version 5.00. And then I remembered that Sabaj is part of the SMSL concern and just downloaded from this link https://www.smsl-audio.com/upload/portal/undefined/SMSLUSBAudioDriver.zip where the version is 5.50.0 from 2022-09-08 with full support for Windows 11 22H2.
I'm writing (automatic translation) because you brought information that I haven't found on this forum so far: "SMSLUSBAudioDriver"! I bought a Sabaj A30a but had to return it. The USB input did not work.

Another one is on the way - but it takes a long time and we all suffer the costs... Could the driver you mention be related to the fact that the USB input did not work? More or less, if you read from the beginning - 39 pages of Sabaj A30a discussion - the solution to the problem was sought in the new firmware. After a week of correspondence with the seller, I was offered "remote assistance". And I already tried that! No one advised me about the driver you mention, not even on this forum.

Can you explain what the v5.50.0 driver is for. Maybe we returned the device unnecessarily - "because it doesn't work well". ???

Last edited:

Gret_as

I'm writing (automatic translation) because you brought information that I haven't found on this forum so far: "SMSLUSBAudioDriver"! I bought a Sabaj A30a but had to return it. The USB input did not work.

Another one is on the way - but it takes a long time and we all suffer the costs... Could the driver you mention be related to the fact that the USB input did not work? More or less, if you read from the beginning - 39 pages of Sabaj A30a discussion - the solution to the problem was sought in the new firmware. After a week of correspondence with the seller, I was offered "remote assistance". And I already tried that! No one advised me about the driver you mention, not even on this forum.

Can you explain what the v5.50.0 driver is for. Maybe we returned the device unnecessarily - "because it doesn't work well". ???
https://www.thesycon.de/eng/usb_audiodriver.shtml here is complete information from vendor of XMOS drivers for SMSL/Sabaj devices. Input in both devices is same. I have Windows 11 22H2 and for me 5.50 latest version improve some moments with stable USB connections. And yes, not in all USB ports Sabaj can be work properly.

ZeljkoS

Ako može odgovoriti netko drugi. Gore opisani problem.
Nisam imao problema sa zvukom iz izvora na DAC-u. Imao sam dva DAC-a, jedan je SMSL-SU6. Imam problem sa Sabaj A30a - nema zvuka na USB ulazu.
Sada sam naišao na problem s AUDIO DRIVEROM – (stranica 39 - spomenuto). Ne vidim drugo rješenje.
Molimo ne: pokušajte s drugim kabelom.
Kako instalirati upravljački program USB AUDIO - Molimo objasnite: Priručnik ili upute.
Nadam se da bi to moglo pomoći. Imam windows 11
Instalacija firmvera je opisana na ovom forumu - jednostavna i razumljiva.
https://www.thesycon.de/eng/usb_audiodriver.shtml ovdje su potpune informacije od dobavljača XMOS upravljačkih programa za SMSL/Sabaj uređaje. Ulaz u oba uređaja je isti. Imam Windows 11 22H2 i za mene najnovija verzija 5.50 poboljšava neke trenutke stabilnim USB vezama. I da, ne može u svim USB priključcima Sabaj raditi ispravno.
Spomenuli ste vozača, hvala! Shvatio sam da si instalirao driver i riješio nešto! nisam info. odnosno elektrotehnike. stručnjak. Instalirao sam XMOS_USBAudio_v5.50.0 na PC Windows 11. Driver na Sabaj stranici je za Windows 7. Sabaj sam spojio na PC USB kabelom, isto za firmware. Upravljačka ploča audio uređaja ima poruku "Nijedan uređaj nije povezan". Kako si instalirao taj drajver na Sabaju?

Gret_as

The only thing that saddens me in connection with my acoustics Pioneer S71 is that the protection works at a volume level above 65. Maybe the firmware will fix it.

maxart

The only thing that saddens me in connection with my acoustics Pioneer S71 is that the protection works at a volume level above 65. Maybe the firmware will fix it.
Same problem. See my post from Feb 8. Yes, when playing some songs, the protection triggers at around 65. And, as others described, bass level is not adequate to the volume.

Top Bottom